The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:38 pm

It was The.Chronicles.Of.Riddick.2004.DVDRip.XviD-DVL, I'm guessing that's normal. Think it was 'keep what you kill' by the looks of it, the throne bit?

Oh yeah, and where are those sniffer people ripped off of? Its bugging the crap out of me... I know I've seen it somewhere.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:11 pm

Just saw Spiderman 2 again.. this time I edited it and cut out like around 40mins of footage and the movie didn't sufefr at all in fact I rekon it is way better....
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby El Mariachi on Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:01 pm

Jynks wrote:Just saw Spiderman 2 again.. this time I edited it and cut out like around 40mins of footage and the movie didn't sufefr at all in fact I rekon it is way better....

fascinating, I never liked spiderman 1 and 2 too much, but if you cut out 40minutes it would be around 87 minutes.
nice :)
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:49 pm

1 was asking a bit much. origin stories usually are. one of the most successful 1st movies in a comic franchise was Batman, and Tim Burton didn't waste much time at all explaining how Bruce Wayne became Batman - he was Batman when the movie started, and there were one or two quick flashbacks (compare that to the drawn out flashback/origin story in Daredevil).
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:32 pm

dinky wrote:1 was asking a bit much. origin stories usually are. one of the most successful 1st movies in a comic franchise was Batman, and Tim Burton didn't waste much time at all explaining how Bruce Wayne became Batman - he was Batman when the movie started, and there were one or two quick flashbacks (compare that to the drawn out flashback/origin story in Daredevil).

well if u want to be picky tim burtons batman wasnt the first batman movie as in 1943 they made "The Batman" which was actually the first batman movie in the form of the old cliffhanger serials that consisted of 15 or so parts, when all put together are movie length and in that "The Batman" is an fbi agent sent to Gotham City to stop criminals that pose a threat to national security, in this case a nipponese (jap) prince called Taka or something like that, and the batman has robin as normal but the batcave consists of a table in a cave with a couple of wooden chairs, and his butler, alfred is incredibly camp and obviously hes the comedy character, altho it is quite a good story if u can look past the 40s style effects and enjoy really comedy fighting scenes and all the unpolitically correctness of the whole thing, for instance batman at one point says "hhmm so theyre meeting during a coons hour" which presumably means at night when its dark like a well u get the idea
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:00 pm

the 60s one was the funniest... Robin! Throw down the Shark repellent Batspray! :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:09 pm

:lol:

ok. my bad. the 1st "Tim Burton Batman," aka: the first Batman of the modern film era. aka: the first one made since I was born. :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:03 pm

hmmm.... batman 104o serial... cool. Might haev a look around about that. cheersfor the heads up Max.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:31 am

no probs jynks there were 2 made, The Batman (not to be confused with teh recently made series of the same name) in 1943 and also Batman & Robin made in 1949 (or thereabouts)) i have them both on dvd, the quality isnt too shabby either conciderig the source and age and the good thing is no-one can arrest u for it as its out of copyright (copyrights lasting 50 years of course) so anything made up to 1954 is copyright free :twisted: :twisted:

and spud yes the 60s one is good in its comedy way for all teh cheesey bat gadgets, i have seen that film many times lol but theres jsut something about the way batman in the 1943 version isnt all good, yeah hes an fbi agent who fights baddies but hes also a (what was known at the time as a) cad or a man about town, who likes the ladies and goes around stirring up fights in the most comedy shoddily made batman suit u have ever seen, and robins hair, it looks like hes been sat on an electric chair for 3 hours

im sure if u asked nicely i could be persuaded to possibly rip and release them at some point in the near future :)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:35 pm

dinky wrote::lol:

ok. my bad. the 1st "Tim Burton Batman," aka: the first Batman of the modern film era. aka: the first one made since I was born. :P

Everyone knows what you meant, max is just being awkward (if you want to retaliate he's wrong, it wasn't a 'movie' it was a series of serials the equivalent of a tv series before tv was big :lol: ). The movies are all split into mini series of films, so Burton's was the first out of the current, and this new batman film will be the first of a renewal of the franchise if I read the previews correctly.

Here's the 6 serials that made up the movie in 1943:
ed2k: [1943].batman.-.01.-.the.electrical.brain.[beldin].avi  [181.06 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: [1943].batman.-.02.-.The.Bat's.Cave.[beldin].avi  [118.64 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: [1943].batman.-.03.-.the.mark.of.the.zombies.[beldin].avi  [121.25 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: [1943].batman.-.04.-.slaves.of.the.rising.sun.[beldin].avi  [123.27 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: [1943].batman.-.05.-.the.living.corpse.[beldin].avi  [115.41 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: [1943].batman.-.06.-.poison.peril.[beldin].avi  [113.26 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Batman.1943.-.00.-.opening.credits.[beldin].avi  [5.82 Mb] [Stats]

They are muxed together to form a movie, but they weren't shown like that, in their original format they were series.
Warning, its racist (both regarding 'coon' in regards to night and its propaganda value against the Japanese in WW2).
It's about 'zombies' though :)

[ Add all 7 links to your ed2k client ]
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:45 am

spud to quote myself ""The Batman" which was actually the first batman movie in the form of the old cliffhanger serials that consisted of 15 or so parts" you blind oaf, i suggest a visit to spec savers for you
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:09 am

:o

anyone seen alexander yet? I can't find the motivation.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:39 pm

spud to quote myself ""The Batman" which was actually the first batman movie in the form of the old cliffhanger serials that consisted of 15 or so parts" you blind oaf, i suggest a visit to spec savers for you

movie != serial
serial = serial
movie = movie

anyone seen alexander yet? I can't find the motivation.

I hear its truely terrible, but I'm not paying for it and its no doubt really long so I'll get an xvid if at all :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:05 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:

movie != serial
serial = serial
movie = movie

ah but officially they are known as movie serials, and they played in cinemas thus they are movies, and dont try the "theyre too long to be movies" as when u think about it the star wars films are really just chapters in a long story, as are lord of the gay ass rings, or the shittrix
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:26 am

official? There's no such thing since it is down to the dictionary definition of movie, and in the 'film' sense of the word, serials can't be movies, and in the moving picture sense, news, documentries, etc. are also movies which is just plain stupid.

They are referred to as Movie Serials because standard serials are comics, as in a a series of comics. Movie refers to moviing picture of course, which is no longer the modern usage of the word. The need to clarify the difference between serial and moving picture serial was more obvious when you had to go out to the cinema and see the series.

Serials aren't equivalent to modern movies, never were or will be, 'officially' or 'unofficially' (what ever thats supposed to mean). News broadcasts, serials, and cartoons were all shown at cinemas before TVs were common place. They were a means of presenting material in series form to people who would visit the cinema regularly, not an encapsulated movie as such. They weren't movies in each instance, if you want to be accurate, like cartoons and news broadcasts, or even nowadays in terms of trailers. They might be confused as movies if your being vague, but they certainly weren't, just like the Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon serials weren't "movies" in the sense in which the word is used. The only way you can pass them off as movies is if you alter the definition of the word beyond its modern interpretation, to moving pictures, and then as said, cartoons and news broadcasts are movies too which isn't really fair.

Of course, I would place the serials in the movie section here if some one were to release, simply because they were never shown on tv or outside the cinema, and their obvious association with movies. But to be entirely accurate, they don't belond in that section, since they aren't movies and are just as placeable in the Series section (depending on the number infact, probably better placed there). I wouldn't really argue the case against placement in any section, but I would argue against someone claiming they were a 'movie' (like now :lol: )

Serials were not like modern trilogies either, that connection is not there. They are more connected with tv series, that being varying episodes aka. serials about an overall plot/background. See the Buck Rogers for example.

I love early cinema, there are some really great serials about the same time. The batman ones were okay, good for the propaganda / historical value.

Now stop nitpicking poor lemmiedinkywinks, everyone knew what he meant since it is the first of the current batmans (erm batmen? :lol: ).. mr I'll pick lemmiedinks nits :P
:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:17 pm

yes i was just incredibly bored at the time so i thought id nitpick :lol: and it was mildly fun lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:24 pm

btw, why do you have thomas the tank engine in your sig? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:18 pm

coz thomas the tank engine is the man... erm engine, plus im having a retro flashback to my childhood tv time recently (got he-man vol 1-5, ulyssees 31, visionairies and dungeons & dragons cartoon on dvd)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:57 pm

a flashback to last week? :D

some friends motivated me to see Alexander with them last night. full review is on FH. but suffice to say: it really is worse than Troy. In fact, Troy looked damn good compared to Alexander. But Rosario Dawson has some sweet boobies. 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:16 pm

i watched Mean Girls last night mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lindsey lohan how i want to jizz all over your hot tatties
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General