The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby tweye on Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:46 pm

i watched battlestar galactica s01e01. after 5 mnutes from the beginning i was addicted beyond recovery. i didnt watch the pilot movie so i downloaded and watched it. then i re-watched s01e01 just to catch what i was missing for not having seen the pilot. right now i'm going to watch s01e02 e s01e03.
byebye.....
"You are beyond insane!"
tweye
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:00 pm

i watched vol 1-3 of the dungeons & dragons cartoon on dvd the other day, and also rewatched the entire season 1 and 2 of jeremiah coz that show is jsut ace beyond words, wonder if/when the dvds will be available in england as i dont fancy paying the american price and then the import price too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:52 am

there's a dungeons and dragons cartoon? oh! you talking about that thing with dirk the knight or something that's a spinoff of the D & D games?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:54 am

theres no-one called Dirk in it, its the cartoon form the 80s based around dungeons & dragons, heres what tvtome has to say

Hank, Presto, Eric, Diana, Shiela and her younger brother Bobby all go to an amusement park one night. While there, they go on a ride called 'Dungeons and Dragons.' But while on that ride, they get sucked into the world of Dungeons and Dragons. There they are attacked by various monsters and entites. When all sems lost, they're greeted by a short, mysterious man known as Dungeon Master. He gives each one of them a magical item that they can use to fight monsters and defend themselves.

Hank (the Ranger) is given a bow that creates arrows of energy. Presto (the Magician) is given a hat of magic spells. Eric (the Cavalier) is given a shield that can deflect any attack against it. Diana (the Acrobat) is given a extendable javelin that allows her to do feats of acrobatics. Shiela (the Thief) is given a cloak that when the hood is pulled up, makes her invisable. And Bobby (the Barbarian) is given a club that can crush anything it is struck against.

They're all being pursued by the evil Venger, a man who's history is somehow tied with the Dungeon Master. His ultimate goal is to acquire all six magical items the kids possess. He has a sub-servant known as the shadow demon who spies on the kids and gives reports on their goings-on. Venger has a mortal enemy, a five-headed dragon named Tiamat. The kids are constantly looking for a way back to their home, but also go where the Dungeon Master tells them their presence is required.
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:38 am

oh yeah! I remember that show. wow. blast from the past. ah the memories...sweet memories.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:27 pm

lol, anybody else seen the D&D movie with Jeremy Irons? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:29 pm

no spud, theres limits to good taste :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:36 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:lol, anybody else seen the D&D movie with Jeremy Irons? :lol:

yes

:oops:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby bobbystills on Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:37 am

dinky wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:lol, anybody else seen the D&D movie with Jeremy Irons? :lol:

yes

:oops:

lol
I remember seeing about 10minutes of it :oops:

dinky what did you think of birth and the machinist?
I thought they were good but not great.

Watched garden state too - i lol a few times

havent bee able to get all the way thru team america yet :( its no where near as fummy as south park imo.
also watched house of flying daggers again!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah has anyone seen this yet http://imdb.com/title/tt0363143/ i skipped grabbing it off a NG by accident :evil: also forgot to grab the hills have eyes 2! havent watched too many movies since october..... :oops:
Some are born to sweet delight. Some are born to endless night.
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:20 am

I thought team american was pretty dumb. I laughed, but it wasn't worth the time I spent in the theater - plus, I think too many people believe that dick, bush, ass theory (W being the dick rather than pussy), and that saddens me. it should have been 60 minutes at the most.

birth and machinist...not sure what you're talking about I remember the dwarf and elf being shallow impersonations of lotr mythology - kinda like a video game. I remember a class consciousness theme with mages and regular folk. think they took the guild thing too seriously, but iunno what that's actually based on. the different kind of dragons thing made sense enough for me. it was one of those cheap cgi flicks like catwoman or wing commander. better than both but certainly in the same category of cheese. think I liked it more just cuz I like the fantasy stuff...just like I was the only person on the planet who watched Space: Above & Beyond when it aired on FOX. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:54 pm

just like I was the only person on the planet who watched Space: Above & Beyond when it aired on FOX

yeah theres a reason for that :lol: i guess ur one of the only 2 ppl in the world to watch it full stop, the other person being a mate of mines sister
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:11 am

is she cute?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby bobbystills on Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:45 am

dinky wrote:
birth and machinist...not sure what you're talking about ...:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0337876/
http://imdb.com/title/tt0361862/

np i just thought you might have seen them
Some are born to sweet delight. Some are born to endless night.
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:44 am

oh! lol yeah. wondered what that had to do with D&D. heard Birth was kinda bad - prolly wait for dvd. machinist looks interesting from the actor's pov, but not particularly interested in that either one.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:35 am

shes attached but she isnt cute anyway so dont worry
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:01 pm

I watched "A Private Function" with Michael Palin that I got free. Funny film :)

Also watched sex lives of the potatoe men which was okay, a lot better than those totally unfunny hollywood films where they try to do the same thing and f*ck up horribly. To be honest though, even though it was okay, the comedians in it were miles better than the film itself.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:39 pm

I felt the same way about pearl harbor AND armageddon. I mean, the movies weren't worth the film they were captured on, but I had this sense that ben affleck is histerically funny, and people should stop trying to give him scripts for his movies (even if they are only written 30 minutes before he tapes the scene). cuz let's be honest, as funny as his romantic scene with liv tyler was in armageddon, it would have been more so if only they let ben be "himself"

:wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:24 pm

National Treasure
it could have been a lot worse. the nic cage character is fashioned like a modern day sort of Sherlock Holmes, so he makes all these incredibly random "connections" that hold the movie together. and, of course, linking every mystery in the world to free masons and the knights templar is only slightly cheesier than AvP's pyramid theory. that said, it was a funny flick - and not just by accident. I did laugh a lot.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:57 am

I watched that Chronicles of Riddick at last. To be honest it wasn't that bad, some people were ragging on it but I can't understand why really.

Plot was a bit, here there and everywhere, and was very long. Seems they had a lot of need ideas, and it all went fine... reminded me a bit of Farscape mini-series to that end. Lots and lots of stuff happening, riddick seemed to lack a bit of focus though.

Vin Diesel was utterly terrible in it, couldn't understand a f*cking word he was saying... and people have the nerve to say they can't understand what they say on Red Dwarf :o Might fair a lot better if someone gave him English language lessons.

and Damn Judy Wench pisses me off!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:49 pm

which version did you watch? I saw the director's cut a couple weeks ago, and I think they really botched the ending. glad it was altered for the theatrical release.

"I'm all alone" vs. "Keep what you kill" - the rest of the differences didn't much move me in either direction.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General