The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:00 pm

JLH movies always include a generous amount of well placed cleavage to offset all other elements of the movie. finally! something to make me wanna sing god bless america!
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:49 pm

Just saw Alien vs Pred...... and to my suprise thought it was a lot better than feared. Not super but had a lot of cool stuff.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:31 pm

/me puts on ear plugs and ducks :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:17 pm

:?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:55 am

yea it suprised me as well.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:18 pm

Watched Sky Captain Yesterday and what a thoroughly entertaining film it was to, what a great retro future mix and the style of filming was ideal to get the story across
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby hagbard on Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:39 pm

Actually thought "Alien vs. Predator" was crap. "Bloody nonsense" so to say ... :mrgreen:

Yesterday I saw "Wag the Dog" and really enjoyed it. Even thought about posting it here, but then I am a bit unsure, how far one should stretch these scifi thing. I certainly felt, it had some Sterling touch. High politics and the media, manipulation / creation of reality and public opinion. First class cast as well: Robert de Niro, Dustin Hoffmann, and a short appearance for these "Natural Born Killers" guy - whatshisname - Woody Harrelson.

However: Nice movie, my recommendations ...
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:13 pm

watched alien ressurection extended last night... hmm it seemed worse then i remembered, possible changing of position for it in my list of fave alien movies
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:03 am

Ladder 49
about as good as could be expected, given the premise, cast, and trailers. make of that what you will. :D

edit:
fell asleep watching SW dvd last night. I was just wiped. movie was fine. the scene with jabba didn't bother except for the hopelessly stupid bit of Han stepping on Jabba's tale. I know why they had to do it, and I also know why they did it: it just smacked of little muppets on Endor and the kooky little kid in the cockpit during the finale of TPM. it looked to me like Han and Greedo shot at the same time. didn't have a problem with that - then again, maybe it was just my eyelids fuxoring with my vision.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby bobbystills on Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:45 pm

havent bothered w/ ladder 99 yet
waiting on an smr reencode.
and even that will probably get put off a while longer.

been checkin out the tv show lost - its a bit cheesy but i made it thru the pilot in one piece

saw 2 docs worth mentioning and recommending.
control room
http://imdb.com/title/tt0391024/
and
Hijacking Catastrophe: 9/11, Fear & the Selling of American Empire
http://imdb.com/title/tt0419806/

HC... is a great companion piece to F911 where as the latter is about bush this one is more focused on wolfavitz

im also now into my 5th day of the 31days of horror its
going good Im starting off slow w/ sum old school 50's 60's and horror-cheese & comedy moviez.
Some are born to sweet delight. Some are born to endless night.
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby mw2merc on Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:22 pm

I watched Control Room. For me it was very boring. It had a slanted view, as do all political films. I don't think I'll ever bother watching this one again.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:56 am

finally jsut got round to watching the day after tomorrow, was pretty good actually, some nice set peices, although i doubt ill watch it again, all that snow made me feel really cold

also got round to watching STORM

pretty cool all things concidered, luke perry is suprisingly good in it as is martin sheen, the effects are above average for this kind of b-movie production although the explosions couldve used more budget

Theres a few "i saw that coming a mile off" moments but they dont ruin the film

The story is a fairly straightforward military experiment to control storms as a natural weapon of mass destruction gone wrong theme is entertaining and rather a rather new twist (no pun intended.. twist-twister-hurricane/storm for anyone who didnt get that)

The dvd only cost me £2 anyway so who am i to complain
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mw2merc on Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:18 am

Star Wars IV - A New Hope
Star Wars V - The Empire Strikes Back

Rented 'The Returner'. Unfortunately I have to use my DVD scratch repair on it to TRY & get it to play, else I'll make them give me a FREE rental or credit against my late fees. :twisted:
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:56 pm

I haven't watched many movies this week, Magnificent Seven, Slugs, and Ticks.

But I did watch 3 series of Black Books :) Great little series that is ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:01 pm

yeah. watching post season baseball here.

/me points and laughs at day after tomorrow

:matrix:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:03 pm

baseball? :o

You must be either really drunk or really bored I take it? :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:44 pm

yuck it up, furball.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:35 pm

baseball can only mean one thing.... yank, here in merry olde england only girls play baseball and its called rounders :lol:

anyway onto movies, just went to the cinema to see resident evil apocalypse... GIVE ME MY FUCKING MONEY BACK AND DIE PAUL ANDERSON

it was a terrible film, the "token black guy" was pointless and served no purpose other then to make the film racially equal and he was stereotyped to hell anyway.

there were also glaring inconsistancies from the games such as...

Nikolai is a much older man in re3

nikolai doesnt die by being attacked by dogs in a school in the games he dies by being taking nemesis out with a grenade on a tram

there is no tram car used to move around the city which seems strangely accessible for vehicles now unlike the mess in the games

Carlos oliviera never gets bitten and has long hair, no beard and is latino in re3 not short hair, beard and egyptian

the nemesis DOES NOT TURN GOOD OR HAVE FEELINGS

the nemesis DOES NOT HAVE A CHAINGUN

The S.T.A.R.S members are not all mostly wiped out in the same building by nemesis (1 team are wiped out in spencer mansion before the raccoon city outbreak even occurs, and the other team are killed off seperately by nemesis)

There is no such person as Angela Ashford in RE

Alice never officially appears in the RE universe (she was in RE2 before they rewrote it entirely and replaced her with claire)

In the above inconsistancy about alice, in the version of re2 she was to appear in she appeared alongside Leon and also in the middle of the outbreak not from teh very beginning

The Hive is never mentioned (at least not by name)

Jill never goes to rescue a girl at all during the game

if we see at the beginning that the outbreak starts (which is the beginning of re3 game), and at the end we see raccoon city nuked (end of re3 game) then that kind of rules any movie based around re2 game ruled out as there isnt enough time between the outbreak and raccoon city nuked in apocalypse to introduce the claire/leon storyline

jill & carlos escape raccoon city by small chopper piloted by Barry Burton not by UCBS chopper with a load of other ppl which incidently doesnt crash like the one in apocalypse

theyre just a few of the glaring errors in apocalypse that bring the film down entirely, yes the film has a few good action set peices but for fans of the series this film really is a sad entry indeed

also the timeline seems messed up in apocalypse... when we see at the beginning its still only a string of killings no1 knows its a big disaster yet, its day.... then when they get to the gate and the outbreak is in full swing its night, now we see alice waking up and the citys in ruins and its day, yet its still the same night time as before when she meets jill and the rest, so how can it be daytime for her earlier when the outbreak hadnt started
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:32 pm

Watched 'Sharks Tale' today it was good but nowhere near as funny as Nemo
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:41 pm

I got round to watching "Eternal Sunshine...etc.". Was okay actually, it had the sappy ending of course (:( ) but the Jacob's Ladderness thing it had going for it was pretty cool.

It even had Frodo :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General