The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:46 pm

dinky wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:just watched final destination 2 again and i still stand with its miles better then the first

so I shouldn't bother?

shouldnt bother what? watching the first? watching the second? what? be more specific lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:38 am

the second. I was pretty amazed that they made a sequel at all. but then again, IKWYDLS got a sequel, and Scary Movie keeps getting sequels.

anywho...just got back from Manchurian Candidate. it would make for a great episode of MST3k. I left with a lot of questions...I guess they consider that DVD fodder these days (or think they're telling such a great story that I wouldn't care). it wasn't horrible, but I definitely wouldn't wanna sit through it all over again. :?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:14 am

the second. I was pretty amazed that they made a sequel at all. but then again, IKWYDLS got a sequel, and Scary Movie keeps getting sequels.

If idiots keep seeing them, they keep getting sequels. It's hollywood's idea of playing it safe. They take a gamble when making any original film in their eyes, when it turns a profit, instead of asking the directors to do more of their own projects, they instead dump the director and then make a clone/spinoff of the original and then wonder why it doesn't get the same profit as the original, and if it does, most of the time its blind luck.

oh well...

As for final destination 2, I hear it has some funny scenes in it, but its a near identical clone of the first. If you could only sit through that crap one time, the second is supposed to be entertaining, but as said, if you couldn't bare the first, you have little chance with the second.

or so I hear :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:36 am

well how about sitting thrtough the second and making your own mind up spud :P

final destination 1 is crap coz, possibly due to all the whiney "im so cool and semi famous" dickfaces who starred in it whoc ouldnt act so you just wanted them all to die immediately, but final destination 2 has some better actors, better story then the first (if somewhat still predictable) and more inventive death scenes including a HILARIOUS scene with a kid and a bbq which has me laughing everytime :lol: :lol: :lol:

but yes IKWYDLS was so shit i didnt even bother seeing the sequel and i regret seeing the first one (even tho JLH is in it), sary movie 1 was ok i suppose, 2 was complete and total crap where the only decent bit was the exorcist intro but i have to say 3 really made me laugh
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby bobbystills on Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:50 pm

:?

i thought the village was okay.
worth checkin out imo
i give it a 6 outta 10.
yeah most of the dialogue was bad and the actors gave sum pretty campy deliveries but i kinda expected that form his other films. overall i think the story worked and like in m-nights other filcks the suspense worked 4 me.

going to check out the Manchurian canadate and saved later today :)
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:27 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:but yes IKWYDLS was so shit i didnt even bother seeing the sequel and i regret seeing the first one (even tho JLH is in it), sary movie 1 was ok i suppose, 2 was complete and total crap where the only decent bit was the exorcist intro but i have to say 3 really made me laugh

so what you're saying is we have YOU to blame for these ridiculous sequels of asinine movies? :twisted:

bobbystills wrote::?

i thought the village was okay.
worth checkin out imo

:lol:

eh. no accounting for taste. that's cool. most people give me the same look I just gave you when I say AoD is one of my all time favorites. fuckit. kill'em all!
:matrix: :matrix: :matrix:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:40 pm

but AoD (i presume you mean Army of Darkness) is a great movie in a league of its own, and no its not me you ahve to blame for the sequels as the only times ive been to the cinema in 10 years were to see resident evil, shaun of the dead and dawn of the dead remake, ISKWYDLS and scary movie were all either seen on divx or friends borrowed vhs/dvd
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:50 pm

even though Evil Dead II is better by far :mrgreen:, I love Army of Darkness, I don't rate it highly, but its the kind of movie that doesn't have to be stunning in everyway to be someones favourite, cos its just a great little movie.

I think Evil Dead II is the best film in that franchise by a long way, Evil Dead is the straight horror, and the third one is great too :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby El Mariachi on Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:50 pm

Yesterday, a Korean sci-fi movie, it was pretty atmospheric but ruined by the ending.

And I saw King Arthur... I didnt like it that much. I was expecting a Camelot, a Lancelot with Guinevere scene, more of the history of excalibur and more magic of Merlin (which this movie had none of)

I hope the R-Rated version, if it ever comes out, is makes it better using more violence :matrix:

:mrgreen:
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:54 pm

does the disney movie still remain the most accurate presentation of the legend of King Arthur? :lol:

I find it hilarious that a disney cartoon with a lion as 'king' and a fox as robin hood did a more accurate job at Robin Hood than Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves :mrgreen: That's seriously f*cked up :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:14 pm

I could live my whole life and never say anything but quotes from Army of Darkness, Princess Bride and Last Boy Scout. maybe throw in Clerks, Mallrats and Big Lebowski for *extra special* occaisions.

I know what yer saying about ED2 spud, but I have this real mental block about separating "favorite" from "best" - what's best to me is by definition my favorite.

/me shrugs

anyway...there's nothing to watch at the theater anymore. been thinking about Levity or Moonlight Mile. O! and I wanna check out Beowulf.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:22 pm

quite simply if you see moonlight mile i will cut off your goolies with a pair of rusty scissors, i bought ti for my sister on dvd for xmas coz she liked it and basically theres a reason why she liked it and i didnt, shes female im male :lol:

@ spud i also think ed2 is the best of the trilogy but aod is a very very close second
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MagicUK on Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:25 pm

dinky wrote:O! and I wanna check out Beowulf.

Yeah, me too. 8) every rip i've tried to get was not in english.

I watched Taking Lives last night. It was pretty good; Angelina made the film (HOT). I was fooled into thinking it was just another movie, but at the later part of the movie some of the moments actually surprised me. :oops:
MagicUK
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:27 pm

i thought beowuld wasnt an english movie anyway? or i could be thinking of shittyhood of the wolf
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MagicUK on Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:40 pm

Well its got Christopher Lambert and Rhona Mitra in it; so I was just presuming that it was English :wacky:
MagicUK
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mw2merc on Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:19 am

bobbystills wrote:i might try an kick her a few bucks for a hummer.

She reminds me of Majandra Delfino (Maria DeLuca from Roswell 'High'). Not including all the self nipple pinching.

ISKWYDLS???

dinky wrote:I wanna check out Beowulf.

Me too. My buddy loves the music from it. Let me know if you come across it & or the OST.

Of course i's friggin' English!!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120604/

MPAA: Rated R for violence and sexuality.
Runtime: 95 min / Argentina:99 min
Language: English
Color: Color (DeLuxe)
Sound Mix: Dolby Digital
Certification: Australia:M / Finland:K-16 / France:U / Germany:16 / Portugal:M/16 (video premiere) / Spain:13 / UK:15 / USA:R / Argentina:13
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Purple.Nightmare on Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:52 am

OMG i didnt even realise someone had adapted Beowulf to film, mite have 2 check it out tho is prob complete crap.

last movie i saw was Eternal Sunshine Of Teh Spotless Mind and gotta admit i quite liked it! now that has gotta b a first for a movie that stars an 'actor' and an 'actress' both of whom i can't stand really :mrgreen:
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
Purple.Nightmare
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:56 am

there's also that crap episode of voyager too... what am I talking about, there's that "just as shit as the rest" episode of voyager too :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:27 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:there's also that crap episode of voyager too... what am I talking about, there's that "just as shit as the rest" episode of voyager too :lol:
:rofl:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:15 pm

saw Unbreakable, it was better than i expected by quite a way :o
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General