The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Re: The last movie you saw...

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:42 pm

well if it keeps following the comics then there may be 1 or 2 shitty dramary episodes, but most of them should be filled with some zombie action.
I'm more worried about how they will end it, the comics are already in their 7th or 8th year, and if they keep running those for many many years to come, but say the show starts losing popularity, then will it just stop with no real ending, or will it write in its own ending?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:24 pm

Due Date (2010)
Tony Stark goes cross country with the retard from THE HANGOVER. There are some decent laughs in it, but it's a forgettable movie. Danny McBride has a neat part. the only thing that bothered me was how obviously manufactured the idea of the movie was: take the top leading man (RDJ or Johnny Depp) + the pop comedian of the moment (Zack Galafiankis) and shamelessly copy the formula to a recent breakout hit (THE HANGOVER). not that I sat in the movie theater thinking about that, but it's the first thing to cross my mind when I saw the previews.

is it worth seeing? no. not really. is it a waste of 90 minutes? nah. it passes the time. if nothing on the preview looks entertaining, I'd stfa though.
:drunk:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:29 pm

dinky wrote:the pop comedian of the moment (Zack Galafiankis)

I honestly don't get why he is so popular at the moment, in everything he is in i want to just beat the living shit out of him for being a huge dickhead, also he thinks he is all that because he got Mel Gibson kicked off the cast for the hangover 2 (yes i kid you not they are making a sequel.....)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:21 am

it's not a new shtick, but it is time proven (think steve martin's The Jerk with a more soft-spoken aura about him). he doesn't bother me, but I also don't see what's so special about him. literally does the same thing in every movie. he's like the comedian version of Michael Cera.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:53 am

dinky wrote:it's not a new shtick, but it is time proven (think steve martin's The Jerk with a more soft-spoken aura about him). he doesn't bother me, but I also don't see what's so special about him. literally does the same thing in every movie. he's like the comedian version of Michael Cera.

Two more people i have a disliking for, Michael Cera and Steve Martin, they both irk me somewhat
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:55 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Monsters (2010)

This was a really decent film, I enjoyed it a lot. Way more drama than it is sci-fi or horror, but it makes films like Cloverfield look like the big smelly piles of horse manuere they actually are. There's a 720p HDTV rip of it out so you could be able to find some decent quality copies.

Basic plot is that mexico and the south of the US become 'infected zones' where these giant octopus like monsters walk around and fuck things up. The military actively patrols and blows things up. A guy who is a photographer is down in mexico and he gets told by his boss to take his daughter back to the states. The only safe way is by sea but due to the migration cycle of these monsters they end up having to go by land and cross the 'infected zone'.

Basic border cross story.

http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=21980

Also watched Alien: Ressurection. Don't know why, its still shit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby anarchoid on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

old scifi serie
"- morning starbuck, whatdya hear?
- nothin' but the rain.
- Grab your gun and bring the cat in."
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 pm

anarchoid wrote:Image

old scifi serie

You forgot the word EXCELLENT
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby anarchoid on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Being Human

Another excellent brittish scifi serie (uk vamps are better than us version)
- nothin' but the rain.
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:08 pm

they glow rather than sparkle? :lol:

(never heard of this)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby anarchoid on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:52 pm

dinky wrote:they glow rather than sparkle? :lol:

(never heard of this)

in order :

vampire verewolf ghost in same apartman ;)

;)
- nothin' but the rain.
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:03 pm

i could see robert tovey as playing a werewolf..... the least threatening werewolf ever, paddington bear as a werewolf would be more scary, and that's mipossible because he's a bear and not a wolf
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:41 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:watched the pilot for the walking dead, i had seen a few promo pics beforehand but had tried to avoid any trailers etc, anyway i loved it, and i was suprised how good it was concidering it was a zombie apocalypse storyline made for tv, it follows the comics quite well too to quite a big extent (from what i remember, it's been a while since i read the first few issues), but yeah i really enjoyed it, here's hoping it stays excellent :D

I thought it had its ups and downs but I enjoyed it too, nice ending.
Did get the impression that its going to turn into a shitty drama though.

Second episode was good too!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:33 pm

yea, 2nd episode showed they could go way off the comics and still pull it out as a good episode.. this was a test they passed imo
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Jynks wrote:yea, 2nd episode showed they could go way off the comics and still pull it out as a good episode.. this was a test they passed imo

this +1

I really enjoyed the 2nd episode aswell and yeah it proves they can stand up on their own merits aswell as the comic based stories
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:14 pm

South Park... well, it was... errr.. I think it was a miss. A rare miss.

I suspect it was parodying some films I've not seen.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:05 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:South Park... well, it was... errr.. I think it was a miss. A rare miss.

I suspect it was parodying some films I've not seen.

i didn't rate it much this week either, however even when south park misses it's still better then the best episode of simpsons... not that it's difficult
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:49 am

what's the rest of the world's release schedule like? I remember hearing that a part of the anti-pirating options was to release more stuff world wide.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:34 am

dinky wrote:what's the rest of the world's release schedule like? I remember hearing that a part of the anti-pirating options was to release more stuff world wide.

i have no idea, the only thing i do know is american shows no longer seem to take 6 months to get here like they used to, walking dead airs here on a... friday here i think, it#s less then a week after it airs in america anyway
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Once hulu and netflix and googleTV hits au I think I will abandon the pirate scene.. how need to pirate stuff when you have HD on demand anything ever made?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

PreviousNext

Return to General