The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Re: The last movie you saw...

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:21 am

Jynks wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:but Aquaman was a fag throughout the entire Justice League series aswell, great series, but gay gay aquafag, sorry but he's just a shit superhero, not as bad as daredevil mind but still pretty lame

Exactly most people know nothing of comics.. the vast majority think they know about the characters from watching kids cartoons. Pretty ridiculously ignorant if you ask me.. lol I mean, looking at cartoons made for 10 year olds and equating it to a over 50 year mythology of dozens of authors aimed at early adult to mid 30s....

daredevil is frickign awesome as well btw.. he is the man with out fear

DC are my favourite comic house, and as such i have read comics with aquaman in, and he was still pathetic then too.

However i do admit i am basing my feelings about Daredevil on that awful film with Ben Asslick
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:38 pm

:catfight:

daredevil :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:28 pm

i rest my case
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:28 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:but Aquaman was a fag throughout the entire Justice League series aswell, great series, but gay gay aquafag, sorry but he's just a shit superhero, not as bad as daredevil mind but still pretty lame

daredevil is a hell of a lot better than some proto captain planet.... the movie was...whatever, but the idea of daredevil, his motivations and abilities vs...fishman who I now blame for that ridiculously bad "save the whales" ST movie.

Jynks wrote:most people know nothing of comics.. the vast majority think they know about the characters from watching kids cartoons. Pretty ridiculously ignorant if you ask me

:lol:

comicbook superheroes don't have characters. they change all the time. fyi: the 90's X-MEN cartoon series (re)defined what the X-Men were, and comics followed suit. I stopped reading superhero comics a long time ago because they just recycled the shit with the villains, and the psyches/M. O.'s of the heroes changed every week with a different writer or in a different serial set in the same mythology (e.g., WOLVERINE vs. X-Men vs. Astonishing X-Men, etc.). you can only sit through that merry-go-round so many times before any other ride at the amusement park becomes more enticing.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:37 pm

super heroes are better when they are zombies

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:03 pm

dinky wrote:
Jynks wrote:most people know nothing of comics.. the vast majority think they know about the characters from watching kids cartoons. Pretty ridiculously ignorant if you ask me

comicbook superheroes don't have characters. they change all the time. fyi: the 90's X-MEN cartoon series (re)defined what the X-Men were, and comics followed suit. I stopped reading superhero comics a long time ago because they just recycled the shit with the villains, and the psyches/M. O.'s of the heroes changed every week with a different writer or in a different serial set in the same mythology (e.g., WOLVERINE vs. X-Men vs. Astonishing X-Men, etc.). you can only sit through that merry-go-round so many times before any other ride at the amusement park becomes more enticing.

As I said most people know nothing about comics. What happened was that marvel when broke.. COMPLETELY broke. The rights were divided among a bunch of different companies that produced different media. The cartoons made a shit load of cash.. as in tons. Slowly they started to buy back the rights to the print media and collect film rights. Now it is almost harmonious again.

The reason that MARVEL comics followed so closely to the cartoons was because the comics are BASED on the cartoons.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:06 pm

dinky wrote:daredevil is a hell of a lot better than some proto captain planet.... the movie was...whatever, but the idea of daredevil, his motivations and abilities vs...fishman who I now blame for that ridiculously bad "save the whales" ST movie.

HEATHEN!!!! star trek 4 is easily the best trek movie, simply for the line "Yeah... Well a double dumbass on you pal!" :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:07 pm

"It must have been you life long ambition"
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Jynks wrote:
dinky wrote:

As I said most people know nothing about comics. What happened was that marvel when broke.. COMPLETELY broke. The rights were divided among a bunch of different companies that produced different media. The cartoons made a shit load of cash.. as in tons. Slowly they started to buy back the rights to the print media and collect film rights. Now it is almost harmonious again.

The reason that MARVEL comics followed so closely to the cartoons was because the comics are BASED on the cartoons.

I actually had marvel in my high school economic portfolio. so I was acutely aware of the company's financial situation. neither FOX nor some canadian production company were making writer/artist decisions for any of the lines I read. incidentally, I also kept track of the comics when I read them. each group had its own editor (e.g., X-verse, Spidey-verse,etc.). so except for the alarmingly increased number of "crossover events", each group had it's own responsibility and mostly its own character teams that seemed to change with each new writer. the closest they ever came to "losing control" of their licenses (at that time) was to rehire tools like rob liefield to come back for a run on cable, but then he invariably failed to make deadlines, so they dropped him. mind you, this was during the failed takeover of TOY BIZ. marvel certainly fell further, but it's hard to drop much farther than $14 or $11 per share. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 am

wow... I do not even know what to say to that. I guess you failed that assignment in kiddie school? It is weird when you say something and then the other guys says "banana fish cakes".. and your like.. "wtf how can I response to something that is such shear nonsense"
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:01 pm

o-k. :roll:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:47 pm

speaking of SHEER nonsense, i see your sig is still in dire need of repair...
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:36 pm

i had an old yoghurt in my economic portfolio

Been watching Smallville, its boring; and what the f*ck is going on with superman? He's like the weakest person in that show, every other character can fly, etc. and he can't do anything. Gay. And lose the f*cking kryptonite, its hard to sell invulnerable when he randomly finds a rock on his doorstep every 5 mins.

I think they failed to understand what people want, people want superman to beat people up, then set them on fire, then get in trouble, then get beat up, then nearly die, then beat everyone up in a bigger more epic way, then maybe get some poon, then repeat. Not be a whiny bitch.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:41 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:i had an old yoghurt in my economic portfolio

Been watching Smallville, its boring; and what the f*ck is going on with superman? He's like the weakest person in that show, every other character can fly, etc. and he can't do anything. Gay. And lose the f*cking kryptonite, its hard to sell invulnerable when he randomly finds a rock on his doorstep every 5 mins.

I think they failed to understand what people want, people want superman to beat people up, then set them on fire, then get in trouble, then get beat up, then nearly die, then beat everyone up in a bigger more epic way, then maybe get some poon, then repeat. Not be a whiny bitch.

the currently airing season is the one you should probably watch then, possibly start from season 9, as that's when the teen angst stuff has mostly dissapated in favour of big ass fights
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:11 pm

just give up on smallville. i watch it as I have been for 10 years.. I can not stop now.. but I would never recommend it to anyone. It is like the biggest cock tease ever... 40 min show with 2 mins of super stuff and then 38 mins of soulful looks. man.. just put on teh fucking suit dang it and start punching things... REALLY hard. There was a good double episode in season 9, written by a veteran comic book writer Geoff Johns...i think it was called Absolute Justice... it is really good and a kind of comic book history sorta of episode.... that one ep has more comic book lore in it than almost the entire series. he also wrote a great ep in season 8 or something about Legion. Those 2 eps the comic characters are kinda like what you remember in the comics. I mean we were all excited when we heard Bizzaro and Doomsday were in smallville.. but then we saw it and... WTF... .. . lame.

Basically Smallville is NOT a good show but if you happen to know somone like Max that has watched them all.. i would just ask him for a best of list...
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:12 pm

to be fair you probably already listed the best episodes there, doomsday was a huge let down.

The episode in season 9 where lois winds up in the future where the kandorians have taken over earth is pretty cool, and there's an episode i think spud would like season 9, possibly late 8, that is very 28 days later/dawn of the dead-esque, annoyingly i can't remember the title of that episode
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:40 pm

Just saw the one where lex kills his father, that's a decent enough one; or the one with zod.
Its mostly all ball dressing though, that kara wench is annoying too, so is lana
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:49 pm

lois is plastic. kara can't act and her character's annoying. lana is decent but her character's annoying. chloe's cute but her character's annoying. clark is incredibly annoying. (sensing a theme?) I'm with jynx on this one. you must have some serious bullshit tolerance to watch that series. I stopped about 2 or 3 years ago. it was only ever a guilty pleasure. but it got considerably more absurd. imo
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:36 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:Just saw the one where lex kills his father, that's a decent enough one; or the one with zod.
Its mostly all ball dressing though, that kara wench is annoying too, so is lana

I despise lana with every ounce of my being, she keeps leaving and coming back and it's a pain in the arse because she shouldve left and just stayed left, luckily she appears to have left for good now, Kara has an annoying voice, but i don't think she's been cast for her voice....
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:35 am

I started a youtube project about 2 years ago on smallville.... but i nvr finished it.. I only go up to season 5 or so...

Jynks
Modding the Machine

PreviousNext

Return to General