The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Re: The last movie you saw...

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 am

that is not even a rumor lol..
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:59 pm

:lol: no. no it isn't.

however, I did enjoy the last 2 weeks of TRUE BLOOD. except they were a little too gay for my tastes. I mean...there's these guys "parking" in a car, and the camera keeps on them. and I'm thinking...ok...this is enough. kiss or don't kiss. I don't care. get on with the show. that and eric with the uber gay hair cut and shirt trying to hit on the vampire king guy...like...really? but there was a lot of bad-assery in between. I'm just harping on the annoying bits.

saw Salt (2010) over the weekend. it must have been good because I was in the theater about and hour and 40 minutes but I was annoyed that the movie ended so quickly. the resolution makes sense and all. it was just...iunno...either lacked drama (narrative emphasis) or maybe I wasn't very into it? it had to have been enjoyable though because, as I said, the time flew by. the movie itself has a very Bourne-ish feel to it.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:51 pm

True Blood weird as cheese, violent and gorey... just... weird as cheese.

Futurama, last episode with the cats was the best one in a long time... really great, recommended!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 am

i've really been enjoying the new series of futurama so far, some eps more then others, like the latest one with cats, and the one before where bender, fry and farnsworth voyage in a time machine that only goes forwards, that was great.
This new series is a lot more solid then the movies were
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:21 pm

yeah, clearly its a lot better as a 30min vehicle and imo its not jumped the shark yet; good stuff.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:47 pm

maybe the simpsons should take notes
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 am

The Expendables (2010)
Decent comedy. Pretty decent action. Worth watching as far as action flicks go. Not worth talking about.

I'm not sure how coincidential this is, but there've been a lot of similar movies this summer between THE LOSERS, THE A-TEAM, and now THE EXPENDABLES.

also watched the latest TRUE BLOOD yesterday. the episode was fine, but the last..iunno...60 seconds were precious. brilliant! made the whole episode. :drunk:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Planning to watch true blood tomorrow night :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Stephen King's - The Night Flyer
Saw this telie movie or strait to dvd movie or w/e of another king book. I really enjoyed it Was just a good lark. It is so simple and basic that I can not really tell you much with out ruining it, Still it is about a real nasty guy that works for a rag that is all "Aliens a-bombed my pussy" style paper, Who starts investigating a serial killer he nicknames the night flyer. Who travels the small towns of America in his biplane killing people. Check it out the performance of Miguel Ferrer (the corporate go-getter in robocop) that makes the film.. showing you that swearing and telling everyone to fuck off while stealing lollipops form children and desecrating graves to get a good shot for his paper can still be portrayed in a way where you like the guy :)

dinky wrote:The Expendables (2010)
Decent comedy. Pretty decent action. Worth watching as far as action flicks go. Not worth talking about.

I'm not sure how coincidential this is, but there've been a lot of similar movies this summer between THE LOSERS, THE A-TEAM, and now THE EXPENDABLES.

I think expendables is by far the best of those three, but yea your right there is a kind of new wave 80s action flick going on. Personally i think they are really fun. Expendables is crap.. like really crap. Still this is the kind of film i would have frickign loved when I was 15 :) And even now there is a nostalgic vibe to it. I think you would be hard pressed to fault the fight sequence in the basement or w/e it was... just very gory, violent and stupid... witch was exactly what you went to see that film expecting.
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:39 pm

watched Cop Out last night, pretty shit to be honest, Bruce Willis was in it, it was kind of a comedy i suppose, just felt pretty shit to be honest
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:02 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Planning to watch true blood tomorrow night :)

ahaha, that was ace. Agree with you dinky, that bit made the episode.

Think we are heading for so large scale vamp vs vamp vs human vs whatever else is out there violence soon :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:00 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:watched Cop Out last night, pretty shit to be honest, Bruce Willis was in it, it was kind of a comedy i suppose, just felt pretty shit to be honest

I've heard a lot worse about it. kevin smith wrote/directed iirc. but I won't bother to see it because tracy morgan grates on my brain, and I don't think I could handle him in a lead role.

re: EXPENDABLES - I'd have liked slower cuts in the basement because I had trouble following some of the action, but yeah...no real complaints. charisma carpenter looks as hot as ever. I could've stood to see her in the movie some more. 8)

re: TRUE BLOOD - no idea what's going to happen now. I mean the scale of it; that tv bit would suggest grand scale, epic conflict. but even with outrageously high HBO production values, the show couldn't possibly sustain anything like that. so I'm assuming they'll find a way to par it down somehow. I've no idea how, though. the shifter vs. wolf thing is easier to see panning out. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:13 pm

is Tracy Morgan the black guy? if so then yes, i now can't stand him, never seen him in anything else i don't think, but he just annoyed the fuck out of me in cop out, in the same way Martin Lawrence does in.... oooh, every film he's ever in.

Obviously arkanoid or whatever his name is above us on this page would disagree with us
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:37 am

dinky wrote:=re: TRUE BLOOD - no idea what's going to happen now. I mean the scale of it; that tv bit would suggest grand scale, epic conflict. but even with outrageously high HBO production values, the show couldn't possibly sustain anything like that. so I'm assuming they'll find a way to par it down somehow. I've no idea how, though. the shifter vs. wolf thing is easier to see panning out. :lol:

No, but remember the anarchy and madness of when they returned to find everything gone to shit last season? that smaller scale madness is more sustainable but there's absolutely going to be a police vs hillbilly shifters clash; and human vs vampire clash now, towards the finale imo.

and now for the weather...
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby anarchoid on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:09 am

im in hollyday means playing 24/7 wow ;) and in the background i (re)watching the whole "24" seasons ;)

Jack Bauer for the president!

"- morning starbuck, whatdya hear?
- nothin' but the rain.
- Grab your gun and bring the cat in."
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:23 am

I'm off wow for now. heheh Will most likely go back for cataclysmic to check it check it out, but in truth I think wow has had its day for me.. i played it from beat -> litch king raid... so nearly 5 years. I am pretty keen for guild wars 2 though... i think that is going to be great.

Yea i really like 24... more the charicter of jack than the show itself. I was so ripped off last season. They made this big thing about changeing the show and doing somthing diffrent, and then they had that awesome Africa telie movie... a=but then the show was just ctu with a diffrent name and nothing else. This Jack guy should move into a james bond type setting... like the entire season should have been in africa.. be like die hard but in an entre country instead of a building :)
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby anarchoid on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:40 am

watching the new episode of warehouse

and

The Deep

i saw the New Sherlock adaptation its WONDERFUL!!!!!

- nothin' but the rain.
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:37 am

yea that Sherlock show is awesome... i hope they do more .. they only made 3 episodes.

What is "the deep"
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby anarchoid on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:32 am

Jynks wrote:yea that Sherlock show is awesome... i hope they do more .. they only made 3 episodes.

What is "the deep"

british remake of "The Abyss"

"As the world’s energy supplies rapidly dwindle, the untapped resources at the bottom of the Arctic ocean are becoming a source of bitter international conflict. The Orpheus is a state of the art research submarine sent to the sea bed to look for a natural solution to the crisis, but the crew soon discover that the fight for territory is more deadly than they could ever have expected."
- nothin' but the rain.
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

PreviousNext

Return to General