The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Re: The last movie you saw...

Postby anarchoid on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:38 am

today i watched an a another old&classic scifi :

"- morning starbuck, whatdya hear?
- nothin' but the rain.
- Grab your gun and bring the cat in."
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:54 am

Nice, i watched HD rip of Spies Like Us
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Jynks on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:45 am

My Buck Rogers dvds came today... so I am basking in retro glory.. this show is so fantastically awesome!! Reminds me of the classic battlestar galactica... The show while dates,..just hasn't dated badly at all and is better than most modern scifi.

maxpayne2409 wrote:But he's still Whitney Fordman, the blonde jock cockhead (the new shit series of shitty gayness)

lol you mean this fag?

This isn't Flash Gorden... just ignore it maybe it will go away :)
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:08 pm

you never posted a link but i'm gonna presume you got the right person lol, and yes that series was utter crap, nowhere near what flash gordon is about
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby anarchoid on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 am

- "Good news, everyone..."

i saw :

Futurama S06 Ep01

Spoiler:
someone will dies in this episode ;)
- nothin' but the rain.
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:05 am

anarchoid wrote:- "Good news, everyone..."

i saw :

Futurama S06 Ep01

Spoiler:
someone will dies in this episode ;)

Incorrect, you saw the first half an hour of the first feature length episode that was released a while back, the current 6th series is just all 4 feature length eps broken down into 25 minute episodes
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 am

I thought they were going to make a new seasons in addition to the cut up films, on another network ? Also what film are they doing?
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 am

Jynks wrote:I thought they were going to make a new seasons in addition to the cut up films, on another network ? Also what film are they doing?

From what i gather the series 6 eps are the feature lengths split up, and the new eps will infact be season 7

evidently we are both right, the currently airing eps are the movies split up with 20th Century Fox announcing that Comedy Central had picked up the show for 26 new half-hour episodes scheduled to begin airing on June 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM.
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:02 am

SO "season 6" is defiantly just an edited version of the films... there is no new stuff.. like stuff they had to edit out to fit into a film length originally or something? I did some looking about the net seams the season so far is beast wit ha billion backs... shown as 4 parts.. so not sure if it is worth getting or not.. I mean if it is exactly like the films I already got.. why bother?

maxpayne2409 wrote:20th Century Fox announcing that Comedy Central had picked up the show for 26 new half-hour episodes scheduled to begin airing on June 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM.

Sweet, yea I was sure i read that somewhere ages ago... that is cool. I do love this show.. It has never captured the golden time when it was first out and had one of the most amazing writer teams ever assembled. Like thenew films were ok, and some bit were very cool. I liked the 1st 2 the most.. The time one and the Bazillion backs one... Still they just didn't have the zing of the writing like they used to ... and with out that team why would you expect it.

I also read as it is comedy central (home of south park among others).. I was sure i read an interview with X-Cohen saying they would be able to do much more adult content. Witch would be awesome!
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:44 pm

i also thought the first 2 were the best of the 4
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:38 pm

this pic just reminds me of spud so much, he's the guy on the right obviously :lol: (not having a go either :googley: )
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:54 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:this pic just reminds me of spud so much, he's the guy on the right obviously :lol: (not having a go either :googley: )

lol yep. :lol:

saw Losers (2010) sunday night. it was weak. completely skip-worthy. chris evans (human torch) was actually good though. only guy who didn't seem like he was reading lines of the script in monotone.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:14 am

can't say i've heard of it myself, with summer rolling in i'm once again looking forward to watching Weekend at Bernies, i watch it every summer, it's a great summer movie, same with Hot Pursuit, can't really think of any others though, but then i'm not thinking hard lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby anarchoid on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:10 am

saw AVATAR (hd version , finally!)

amazing ;)
- nothin' but the rain.
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon May 03, 2010 12:15 am

anarchoid wrote:saw AVATAR (hd version , finally!)

amazing ;)

Amazing is not the way I'd describe it, its a very subpar film from a director that should have done better.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon May 03, 2010 12:55 am

maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon May 03, 2010 3:59 am

:lol: OMGz

that's so true, I don't even have the words. I guess technically it's closer to DANCES WITH WOLVES cuz of the diary aspect (which gets jettisoned halfway through the movie), but I also couldn't get the disney toon outta my head. prolly cuz of the child-like "naivete" (erm...racism) in which the blue things spoke. seriously...am I the only one who cringed like it was TPM all over again? (trade federation cronies talking broken english in obvious stereo-typed asian accents)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby anarchoid on Mon May 03, 2010 6:43 am

Yesterday saw :

Storm Warriors (Stormriders 2 )

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i love it! ;)

- nothin' but the rain.
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Jynks on Mon May 03, 2010 8:56 am

Wow... I didn't know they made a squeal to that.. going to track that down. I really liked the 1st one with sword saint and all that crap... I have been trying ot find other "magic kung-fu" type movies but I just can not seam to find any.. I know they must be about. I remember one was mentioned on this site once.. but I could never find the thread again.

spudthedestroyer wrote:Amazing is not the way I'd describe it, its a very subpar film from a director that should have done better.

pfft.. w/e.. Avatar was awesome. Your just to "cool" to admit it.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed May 05, 2010 5:25 pm

dinky wrote::lol: OMGz

that's so true, I don't even have the words. I guess technically it's closer to DANCES WITH WOLVES cuz of the diary aspect (which gets jettisoned halfway through the movie), but I also couldn't get the disney toon outta my head. prolly cuz of the child-like "naivete" (erm...racism) in which the blue things spoke. seriously...am I the only one who cringed like it was TPM all over again? (trade federation cronies talking broken english in obvious stereo-typed asian accents)

You know nothing... it was intended as a trilogy. Nobody ever comes up piss poor material that can barely fill one film then sells it as an epic trilogy do they?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

PreviousNext

Return to General