The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Re: The last movie you saw...

Postby dinky on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:09 pm

and number 2 is a train wreck. 3 was decent but forgettable. :drunk:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:14 pm

number 2 really did nothing but be annoying and shit, for some reason loads of people where i work think number 2 is the best..... idiots
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:46 am

yeah...don't you work at some sort of british Wal Mart or something? please tell me it's not a movie or tech store. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:22 pm

lol no its not a movie or tech store, it's a place kind of like walmart i guess, that's probably the best way of describing it to you, only it doesn't sell food, just cheap tacky shit
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Youth in Revolt
Think ZOMBIELAND but actually staring Micahael Cera. It's not a bad movie, but it's not what I was hoping for. This one borrows elements from FIGHT CLUB, BIG LEBOWSKI, and BEING JOHN MALKOVICH, but it's not nearly as good/entertaining. Anyway, I'm thoroughly tired of looking at this guy onscreen, and I would have been more entertained if it was less like FIGHT CLUB in a very particular way. Same romance-comedy you get in ZOMBIELAND sans zombies. So I think that's a good guide for whether you'd like this one or not.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:31 am

Daybreakers
It was decent. There's an annoying use of bats for the sole purpose of giving the audience a "scare" or "jolt" in the movie that could have done without - partially because I don't like to be scared but more because it felt awfully cheap. The movie itself borrows a lot from I AM LEGEND with a sort of LAND OF THE DEAD feel to it. It's not an action movie by any stretch, but it has action in it. Nor is it a horror film or such like 30 DAYS OF NIGHT (perhaps that led to my annoyance with the cheap bat fx). Anyway, it was enjoyable except for the cheap horror movie gimmick. It's a reasonable (if only competent) alternative to the UNDERWORLD/BLADE-esque vampire movies. I've enjoyed both in their turn. It kicks the living shit out of TWILIGHT. But let's be honest here, so does TRANSFORMERS and THE VILLAGE. Ok. THE VILLAGE doesn't kick the shit out of TWILIGHT, but it's clearly a better *cough* movie. So there you have it. Not much of a review, but you ought to know what you're getting into.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:29 am

nearly finished watching all 3 series of Father Ted, it's been a while since i'd seen any and really felt like watching it again, forgot how funny it is
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:27 pm

DEXTER, my friend. Watch DEXTER. ;-)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:36 pm

meh, i will sometime, got no space at the mo to dl it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Legion
it's pretty bad. amatuerish DAWN OF THE DEAD knockoff with some obvious TERMINATOR influence/imagery. there's some funny stuff (purposely funny). the dialogue is unbearable (perhaps George Lucas was an influence as well? :wacky: ). there are only 2 angels in the entire movie. they fight once. skip this shit. some good actors doing really stupid shit. oh. and if you do see it, don't even bother trying to make sense of the tattoos and prophets stuff. it's the lazy writing you'd expect to see in a January release. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:02 pm

i'm currently playing Dead Space, a horror scifi game, i'm sure your familiar with it, anyway it's not bad, but now i'm onto chapter 7 it's starting to feel a bit linear, go here, get this, go here switch this on, go here, kill this, go bac to the tram to the next section, rinse and repeat
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:42 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:i'm currently playing Dead Space, a horror scifi game, i'm sure your familiar with it, anyway it's not bad, but now i'm onto chapter 7 it's starting to feel a bit linear, go here, get this, go here switch this on, go here, kill this, go bac to the tram to the next section, rinse and repeat

Yea i didn't like Deadspace much either.. I had it for 360.. and played a little bit of it... everything looked the same... i dunno just didn't do it for me... walk though corridor, kill stuff.. get cut sequence... seen it all a million times.. GFX were nice though. Good old fashioned gibblits by stomping corpses .. reminded me of quake :)

Yea I have also been playing games a bit recently (unusual for me, I do not play that many games. Most games now days are to time consuming). Still Steam just had a sale on Dawn of War, my fav rts, so I got the entire series (games + 3 xpacs) for 15 bucks. After playing it a bit I thought I would give DoW2 another go.. and to my surprise I have been really getting into it. If you tried it and gave up as it was so different to classic RTS, maybe give it another try.. as it turns out the multiplayer is in fact my more traditional than the campaign. Anyway been having a cool time playing these games.. 40K is defiantly one of my fav back stories for any gaming franchise .. .just ubr cool imo. Also as the game is in sections (read missions) you can play for 10-20 mins.. and be done... not like mass effect style games were you need 500 hours to play it :)

There is also a awesome new Xpac for DoW2 just around the corner as well. (finally added a Space Hulk to a modern game .. <for those that played the table top when a kid.. you must be excited >)

As for films... not really been watching much... Saw Return of teh Living Dead - Rave to the Grave... and wish i didn't. I kinda like Law abiding Citizen for a throw away PTF film... but had a woosy ending. Mainly been working though my Dr Who collection... up to the 5th Doctor now (the cricket guy) Man those old Dr Who's are so awesome... makes teh new show look really lame in comparison.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 pm

i've been doing my own rips of the old doctor who eps and extras, including the whole 3 disc lost in time set, love it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:i've been doing my own rips of the old doctor who eps and extras, including the whole 3 disc lost in time set, love it

really wow... you releasing them? iTS, Mule or Usernet or something?
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 pm

i'm planning on releasing them at some point, most likely newsgroups/usenet, as i don't use torrents and ed2k is too slow for spreading series, currently ripping/encoding the key to time boxset
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:06 am

Have you seen the 5th Dr's Black Guardian trilogy? A lot of fans seam to not know it for some reason... has one of my fav Dr's about this weird interdenominational immortal creatures having a space "boat race" to amuse themselves... very very cool an imaginative episode.. a real "science fiction"
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 pm

oh yes i know it very well, havent seen it in a while but i have seen every episode that still exists at some point, though i haven't got round to getting that on dvd yet
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:48 pm

wow did this place die over winter like a pensioner who didn't use their heating allowance to keep warm?

Watched blade runner in HD the other day (final cut) i love that film.

@ jynks

the next doctor who classic dvd has been announced and its a hartnell double featuring the space museum and the chase, i never found the chase a great dalek story but i enjoyed the space museum, even though a lot of fans really hated it, most likely as the ending joins into the next story (the chase) which was lost for a number of years, so fans probably got narked that it had no proper ending as such
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:40 pm

WoW has sapped all desire to do anything. :lol:

not even bothering with movies until the season starts again in May.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:07 am

oh no, you haven't been gayed into WoW, i got gayed into it but i managed to resist and reclaim my life... well the 10 day trial ran out and i didn't class it as worthy to waste my money on
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General