The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:45 pm

never got round to watching it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:07 pm

yeah. but...

"I had no real doubt" = I did not not think = I thought

+

"it would be anything less than enjoyable" = it would be something less than enjoyable = it would suck

=

I thought it would suck. :mrgreen:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:08 pm

watching Spellbinder 2 - Land of the Dragon King, Sequel Series to aussie show Spellbinder from early 90s
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:22 pm

smallville JLA episode. it was a disappointment.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:12 pm

i watched that too, i found it ok but i was annoyed with the gayness of calling the flash "impulse" and the whole hoodies costume is annoying, it made me tho how they showed everyone else doing their skills except Aquafag because he has the shittest powers ever so they just imply hes doing his thing lol, i notice martian manhunter wasnt in the JLA even tho we saw him a few eps earlier but i think he is maybe another zoner, and he will be introduced properly either in season 6 finale or around the beginning of season 7
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:19 pm

yeah. him being from the phantom zone (sorry, but speaking of gayness: "zoner"?) would work well for the series.

I think the hoodies are getting annoying too. although I thought it worked for green arrow, it's kind of stupid to have everyone on the show doing it.

also - wtf? one half of an episode and they're off again. the lois-oliver thing is over in the blink of an eye also? pu-leeze. just lazy storytelling.

I'm still leaning toward the JLA (with martian manhunter) for the finale of this season. basically, I'm afraid that if that's not the finale, then it's going to be lana, lex and maybe (if it's remotely good) lionel's heroic death.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:11 pm

yes zoner is gayness but that is how they are referred on the show so that's why i said it, personally i wish lana would just die she annoys the piss out of me.

I also agree the whole Lois/Oliver dumping thing was more like "yeah dump her move onto the main part of the story" wham bam 2 seconds done
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:14 am

latest rome</i>. was alright. shame they're making this the last season. the fact that they cruised through history lightning fast was cool cuz...well...it worked with the Julius Caesar arc. But I'm not wild about the same between Marc Anthony and Octavian. I would rather they stayed longer on Pullo and Verinus. they're the really interesting part of this series. I mean, Caesar and Pompey and Marc Anthony et al. are all well and good. but you can only do so much with historical figures. and...well...iunno. I think they're cool characters with awesome story arcs to delve into.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby MyK on Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:56 am

Watched "Reindeer Games" last night and it was OK. Not anything special but still a good crime / action movie with a thicker plot and a twist at the end. Some nice visuals, too. Although it makes you wonder how in hell certain mag voted Charlize Theron as the most beautiful legs in the movie industry :? I mean she's one good actress and has a pleasing face and legs insured for a million bucks or so they say... but the nicest? Oh, c'mon!

Never watched Rome, @Dinky, 'coz back when it started airing there were lots of other series that I did watch and never got round to this one. Now that some of my past fav series have gone past due (e.g. Lost, dr. Who, Torchwood,...) and with no others in sight for quite some time perhaps it's time I revisited some of those I skipped before... So would you recommend Rome or is it just a fast-forward history based sketches?
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby MyK on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Just finished watching "Catch A Fire", mostly in the background while working on other stuff. It's a good movie actually and I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't give it attention it deserved. :oops:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:48 pm

rome is very good. it's its own series and all, but in a tongue-in-cheek way, it's fair to say it's the sopranos set in first century bce rome.

gonna have to dl bsg. forgot to set the dvr for the new schedule. trying to juggle 5-7 shows that air on 3 nights. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:59 pm

latest 24. I'm not really into this season, but it doesn't suck, and I wanna see it through. just feels kind of old/stale on a more general level.

have heroes and bsg waiting for me. :rock:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:28 pm

BSG, Heroes, Veronica Mars. enjoyed'em all.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:52 pm

BSG is clearly still the top gun for tv shows atm. Glad its back :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:16 pm

Beowulf & Grendel (2005). what can I say? really fecking stupid. it turns grendel into this righteous troll, beowulf into an ordinary, lucky guy. so basically, it takes the same approach to the story as arthur</i> and troy</i> took to their source material.

also watched my life without me (2003). another movie with sarah polley in it. that was by accident. it was much better than B & G. but it was still unimpressive. it completely ignores the pleasure and pain of mourning, and everybody in the movie is a cardboard cutout. shame on DK for recommending this tripe. (although I actually picked it up cuz a magazine article I read a while ago made it seem worth watching).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby MyK on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:09 pm

Watched latest BSG & Heroes and both were a bit more than what I expected :D It seems they both benefited due to the short pause they made for the holidays. I know all we saw was shot way before they aired them but I can't get rid of a feeling they did a good deal more on post-production. Hack, even sound was better edited than most of previous episodes :? Love what they did to Starbucks in this latest ep :lol:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:18 pm

i would have thought someone would comment on the fact that Dr Who is the invisible guy in heroes.... nobody going to make that observation?

Maybe next week? :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby MyK on Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:04 am

Well, some other dude hellsingh wrote "Show goes by so quick ... they need to make 2 hour epi's (smile) , Isnt that who ...? The guy can act" on STF forum, so I didn't feel like it'd be appropriate to steal the same remark just to post it here. It's one Dead-Donkey forum anyway so who needs to overkill it? :lol: Sorry Spud, couldn't resist :mrgreen:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:16 am

don't watch dr. who. looks gay, if I may borrow that MAXim. wouldn't know.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby MyK on Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:21 am

Yep, there seem like a gay invasion of the island is goin' on ATM there's so much pro-gay propaganda on the BBC lately. Torchwood, Doctor Who, The State Within,... the list is endless, really. Now, I'm not homophobic or something like it, not even by a long shot, just a regular plain ol' vanilla straight and even decent at that (I dare say) guy and I don't mind an occasional "references" to gays or lesbians on TV. But with the sheer load of such TV programming one could get an impression half of the Brits are gay and the others are merry. How's that being politically and culturally correct as they (the BBC) strive/should strive to be I ask? It'd take me great courage to visit England such as they show us to be :angry:

All the ranting aside, I just finished watching "Paint Your Wagon" for the, oh I don't know, it must be like the 10th time and it's still one of my fav musicals :D While some might object that audio is not always in sync with lips as they speak and sing and that DVD was released with an intermission half way through the movie it still features great cast, has incredibly bold lines and ideas for its age, an original "I Was Born Under a Wondering Star" song and a story that doesn't age at all. An indisputable classic ;)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

PreviousNext

Return to General