The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:38 pm

jack of all trades. been thinking about that....
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:44 pm

ow ow ow, went to play football with some mates from work (soccer to americans), i now realise i'm a tad out of shape then what i used to be
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Jynks on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:47 pm

Fuck yar... I forgot Army of Darkness.. some awsome quotes in that.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:38 pm

disc1 of tailspin</i> is spun.

strange, now that I think about it, that the first two volumes of ducktales</i> didn't feature gizmo duck yet. I'm glad disney is finally releasing these things on dvd, but their staggered release schedule is pissing me off. speaking of which, I wonder what happened with aladdin</i>? I assume they would have to pay more residuals to the talent or some such. they couldn't have simply forgotten it.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:40 pm

why couldn't they have forgotten about it? i forgot about it :lol:

which one was gizmo duck again? the robocop style costumed superhero duck, or gyro?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:41 pm

the former (robocopish guy). gyro is the geeky inventor.

can't forget aladdin. it's way up there. off hand, I'd rank them

1. ducktales
2. gargoyles (not really part of the same group but it's 90s disney not to be confused with the goofball nicelodean shite they produce these days)
3. aladdin
4.tailspin
5. gummi bears
6. quack pack
7. darkwing duck
8. rescue rangers (nice theme song, but for some reason, I always disliked the show)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:26 pm

never saw quack pack, :lol: i notice u don't include goof troop.... most likely coz it was a bit crap
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:43 am

nah. was "off hand," so I forgot about it. I did watch goof troop though. I'd say it's in competition with rescue rangers for last place. mind you, I think they're all pretty good to great. prolly closer to dark wing duck since I kinda had an aversion to both at first. only reason I don't lump quack pack in there is cuz anything at all whatsoever with donald and/or the triplets is by definition good. :twisted:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:28 am

is quack pack out on dvd or anything maybe ill take a look if there are ed2k links or nzbs about

Just started watching Jack of All Trades, watched first 3 eps, is pretty good so far
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:15 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:is quack pack out on dvd or anything maybe ill take a look if there are ed2k links or nzbs about

not that I'm aware of.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:00 pm

ah right thats a shame
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MyK on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:49 pm

Finally done watching that "Lantana" movie. Couldn't get rid of the feeling Aussies were trying to imitate "Magnolia" with it. Dunno why some would post comments like "close to a masterpiece" and such. It was an OK movie that's mostly about middle age crisis, doubt, faith, betrayal and such. No resolution to what happened to that poor underdog Hispanic family in the end, so I was a bit disappointed. Just when you start caring for what happens to some of its characters, you get - nothing. Is it life-like? Yes. Is it worth watching? Not really. I'd rather watch "Magnolia" again.
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:04 pm

it rained frogs. not figurative frogs. not metaphorical frogs. fecking frogs. good movie until that point, really.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby MyK on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:05 pm

Yeah, frogs... no frogs in "Lantana" :( But - believe it or not - it really happened - raining frogs or something (as I remember it was fish and not frogs) :? Perhaps it should be listed as a Sci-Fi just because of that scene in it :lol: Have been pondering on it for quite a while and still don't get it, unless you acknowledge there could actually be mini worm holes in real life and not just in some lame TV series. Some say it's possible (even "real" scientists) so I guess we should accept that at least as a chance it could really happen some day. If it hasn't already :wacky: As for "Magnolia", well, I liked it. MPO, nothing more!
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:21 am

there was reports that it rained fish in the not so distant past, nobody knows why but there are a few theories, so that is an actual event that happened, but as you said it was fish not frogs
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MyK on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:47 am

"The Libertine" - Most certainly the best filmed drama in English language I have ever seen. Almost all aspects of it are perfectly executed, perhaps my only reservation would be the beginning of it as it leaves on us viewers to have proper knowledge of the English history and social sets of that period. Exceptional performances by Johnny Depp (as Rochester) and Samantha Morton (as Elizabeth Barry) and a great story of a not that widely known period in English history - at least outside UK - that reveals many new insights into how certain historic facts (that are widely known) came to be. One stylishly dark reality check that's powerful even nowadays, when nothing much remains undiscovered, but our hearts and desires. This is not a movie everyone will love, not even by a long shot. If you find discomfort in obscene sex scenes then you'd be better-off without seeing it. It doesn't have an UK:18/USA:R rating for nothing!
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:52 am

:lol: your asking us all here if we find discomfort in obscene sex scenes hahahahahahahahahahaha
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MyK on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:08 am

LMAO, LOL & :oops: (lapsus lingua)

EDIT: Then I guess you'd have liked it if you haven't watched it already. Not much flying saucers in it, but it has plenty of flying sausages :lol:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:37 am

i would've seen it but you mentioned drama in it, drama's bite the fat one, and are for women
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MyK on Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:25 am

Some of the best movies I've seen were dramas, even Sci-Fi ones; e.g.: "Solyaris", "1984", "Abre los ojos", Donnie Darko", "Being John Malkovich", "Capricorn One", "2046", "A Clockwork Orange", "Code 46", "La Cité des enfants perdus", "Delicatessen",... to name just a few that I liked (not in any order and not necessarily my top favorites). And I listen to both punk and classical music and even some genres in between :wacky: Drama is cool IMO, it's drama that leads to nowhere, offers no resolution whatsoever and serves just as a bone for the underdog masses that I dislike.
:beerchug:
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

PreviousNext

Return to General