The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:17 pm

season 2 is the last ever season of rome isn't it? i swear i read that somewhere

was it in the post you just made? :wacky:

Lost = silly
Heros = good
Jericho = increasingly boring
South Park = I will crush your skull like a clam on my belly! :lol: :lol: lol @ the sicko BSG nod too, Looks like Matt and Trey really do have good taste over the shows they watch :wacky:
BSG = best show on tv
Robot Chicken = amusing but not hilarious

Watched my Garth Marenghi's darkplace dvd and the audio commentaries. Sanchez's black woman make-up product name was hilarious. I guess you guys are never going to listen to it. Someone makes a mistake and says "B.O.-derized" instead of "dioderized" and dean learner says that's a good idea for a deoderant. Sanchez then goes (in his awesome over the top voice), "yeaass, that reminds me. The other day i thought of a makeup product for black women. It could be called ethnic cleansing" :lol:

Classic.
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:35 pm

ep6 of heroes</i>. I'm all caught up.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:34 am

latest ep of veronica mars</i>.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:03 am

ep 7 of heroes, some things nicely explained

also watched the latest eps of stuff, american dad, robot chicken, family guy, etc, family guy gets worse by the week
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:34 am

smallville. was decent.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:20 am

just dlding it now, will watch after work
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby MyK on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:18 am

Superman Returns - slept through the most part of it so can't really say it's any good :oops: doubt I'll return to the theater for this one, though.
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:01 am

bsg
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:40 am

watched smallville, it was ok, but wtf if u have erica durance laid on top of u ready and willing to bang you into the next century... oh yeah i'll go fight crime DUH :googley:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:01 am

Lost = don't waste my time. May go back to it when I can download like 4 season in a row or somthing and have nothign else to watch. This show anoys me to no end
Heros = Yar, really liking this so far. having a little comedy in a show gose a LONG way. Juts ask weedon. Smallville need to lighten up a little like this show.
Jericho = I thin this show is just getting good. I was kinda board in ep2 and stoped there, but then just went back like last episode and then caught up.. Think it might get better.
South Park = worst show in history of all time. Man this show sux.
BSG = best show on tv (Do not even need to change spuds comment on this show)
Robot Chicken = nvr seen.
Smallville = Cool show and can only get better, with the formation of the justise league in a few eps I really hope this show starts to kick into over drive.. or better yet cancel it fire everyone but superman, lana, cloie and lex and then start a new TV show from scratch JLA.

maxpayne2409 wrote:watched smallville, it was ok, but wtf if u have erica durance laid on top of u ready and willing to bang you into the next century... oh yeah i'll go fight crime DUH :googley:

ewwwwwuuu!!! She is a freakn horse faced slag. How con you like her. you should be writing to the show to get rid of that crack whore. Call me crazy but so skinny youcan count her bones and breasst so fake they look like grapefruit under a swimesuite just do not do it for me. Add her genral mong face and you have ugly slag!!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby MyK on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:23 pm

V For Vendetta = not as good as many would have you believe. Fight the power - have seen it all before wrapped in a way better package. I know you're all thinking of Fight Club now, right? I gave it 6/10 on IMDB for good acting, nice visuals and a nice try ;)

EDIT: What's goin' on with TV script? I get like a gazillion errors on lines 14, 15 :outsider:
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:15 am

uh...iunno. saying v for vendetta</i> is just a rehash of fight club</i> seems like saying if you've seen one distopian sci-fi, you've seen them all. frankly, I think they're pretty far apart. (although there are other more properly distopian movies that I'd compare v</i> to - but the same message; 99% of all movies every made share the same 10 "moral/ethical direction")

latest eps of veronica mars</i> and heroes</i>. the latter crapped-out again on my dvr cuz NBC is fucking with their broadcast schedule and airing things past their scheduled air times. so I've finally gone an set a manual record schedule.

I think heroes</i> is a lot closer to sin city</i> than smallville</i>. purposely, meta comicbooky stuff. like what they tried</i> (unsuccessfully) to do in hulk</i>. anyway, when smallville</i> goes for the funny bone, I kinda have to brace for impact, cuz it usually turns into that retarded dukes of hazard</i> montage thingy. or worse yet, politically correct "family" comedy. gah!
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby MyK on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:32 am

OK, so I was wrong, you weren't all thinking of Fight Club :mrgreen: Never mind, "V" didn't pull me in enough to notice any "deeper" meaning of it ;) Did watch Heroes EP7 today and must admit it ain't that bad at all. It's not something to write home about, but for background distraction while focused on a game of Solitaire, it did it's job quite nicely :lol: In any respect way more "dynamic" than Lost/Jericho/Eureka that all S.U.C.K big time IMHO. I repeat - In My Humble Opinion :beerchug:
I did like dinki's resonse, though, we should "agitate" him more often :wink: :beerchug: :o

Anyway, the last movie you saw...
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby dinky on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:32 am

forgot to mention I watched the latest eps of simpsons</i> and family guy</i>. simpsons was lame except for the "front line infantry" line. family guy was actually pretty funny. ep itself was bleah, I could care less. but I almost fell outta my seat when peter, the wheelchair guy and the decrepid old dog were "drag racing" to peter's severed finger.

not sure it was the same ep, but I also saw a family guy</i> where brian was dating a ditzy drew barrymore (is there any other kind?). I thought the gags with stewie ragging on him and her stupidity were pretty funny. still the kinda stuff I'll only watch if it happens to be on and I don't like the sunday night football matchup or whatnot, but entertaining enough, I suppose.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:51 pm

i would never think of fight club in any way except crap, it's not my kind of film

watched torchwood, this ep was good in so far as you learnt more about jack's past, next weeks looks like it could be pretty good too

computer had a skitzoid so i've been offline for a few days so i've got shit loads to catch up on

@jynks - erica durance is much better then uberslag lana, i hate lana and wish clark hadn't reversed time to bring her back, stupid clark bringing back mingey whingey bitch bag slag lana.
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:54 pm

@jynks - erica durance is much better then uberslag lana, i hate lana and wish clark hadn't reversed time to bring her back, stupid clark bringing back mingey whingey bitch bag slag lana.

/e agreed

The only girl woth anyting in that show is Cleoie
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:58 pm

chloe is rather nice too, its funny to see her in the show and then on pics which havent been sexed up when shes got freckles lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:33 pm

there's really no question that chloe is the best looking of the three (freckles in real life aren't nearly the distraction they are in pictures - for me). but I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed.

lana isn't ugly, imo. her character is whiny, annoying and pathetically passive (no matter how many times she says "I don't need your protection" to clark and lex). she's also petite-ish and not my "thing," but I think she's pretty far away from the ugly tree. I think they're making her look</i> a lot less attractive than she actually is...just by virtue of her character still being on the fecking show.

but lois just looks fake and kind of old. like those creases in her cheeks when she raises the corners her lips (as in a smile) just get magnified and remind me of the wrinkles old people get. I guess it's not exacty the same thing. what it IS the same thing as is jennifer aniston. she's showing a lot of age in terms of that facial feature as well. of course, she is a lot older now, so it's not like she LOOKS older than she is (or is supposed to be portraying) the way erica durance is. all of this, but I'd date her in a second and be thankful for the opportunity.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:58 pm

yeah in reality if erica durance was pouncing on jynks however much he says shes ugly he would not say "sorry love, the snookers on"
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:31 am

If i could pull a bird that rich and "sexy" I could pull a lot better than that slag
Jynks
Modding the Machine

PreviousNext

Return to General