The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:23 am

walk the line</i>. johnny cash bio pic. it was alright, I guess. not really into these sorts of movies. still haven't been able to bring myself to watch ray</i>.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Truba on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:16 pm

lady vanishes :beerchug: :mrgreen:
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:56 pm

watched Brisco County jr (don't get too excitied and cum Dinky, i said Brisco County not Orange County) 2 part finale today, it wasn't bad, i wouldn't call it one of the best episodes but like 7 days never a bad episode through its entire run, the 2nd part of the story was better then the first.

Either way i think i will miss that show, it was a breath of fresh air (first time id ever seen it you see)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:26 pm

i'm so tired these days, but i'm up to half way through series 7 of buffy. All in all, what i said is still true, Angel was/is a much better series :) That's my ultimate summary of the thing :lol:

I haven't had time to watch anymore oz, or the latest episodes of series. Want to get round to watching Jericho and Heros sicne they are both on episode two now.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:19 pm

ah heroes i forgot to dl that, might grab it later.

Watched latest robot chicken too.

spudthedestroyer wrote:i'm so tired these days

but you don't work, i thought you were one of those lazy tax dodging students :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:59 pm

veronica mars s3 premiere. I guess Rob Thomas (show's creator) is a BSG fan.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:15 pm

finally got round to completeing Dreamfall: the longest journey, the best part about the game is the fact its the only game i know where
Spoiler:
the badguys win
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:54 pm

I'm wearing superman underwear.

...jus thought I'd share. :D

sorry. been reading a lot of new posts by satan today
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:14 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:i'm so tired these days

but you don't work

yes i do ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:43 pm

:lol: i like the way you didn't quote the "i thought you were a lazy tax dodging student" part, by work do you eman an actual job tho or uni work? that makes all the difference
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:30 pm

the departed</i>. It was awesome. easily the best movie I've seen this year. it's an insult to this movie to compare it to anything I've seen this year. I rate it better than goodfellas</i>. it has something for everyone. hard nosed. self-reflexive. it's the best of sopranos</i> and godfather</i> and the untouchables</i> on steriods. great, funny lines. I actually admired matt damon AND leonardo dicaprio - and in the SAME frickin' movie!. And Jack. Jack's back on top, man. Can't wait to dissect the dvd special features. this is one commentary track, I'm actually looking forward to "viewing."
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:33 pm

i never ever listen ot commentarys, i dont give a shit what the director wanted to do with the movie, he didnt, end of
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:34 am

watched eps 1-7 of Life on Mars, pretty good so far, the sweeney meets starsky & hutch with some scifi element thrown in, last ep (ep 8) to watch tomorrow, unfortunately i was on play.com looking at the dvdset of it and it said "series 2 coming march 07" which pissed me off as i had been avoiding anything regarding the end so i didnt know if he made it home or not, but thats obviously given it away :(
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:53 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote::lol: i like the way you didn't quote the "i thought you were a lazy tax dodging student" part, by work do you eman an actual job tho or uni work? that makes all the difference

an actual job, I haven't been a student since i graduated.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:52 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:i never ever listen ot commentarys, i dont give a shit what the director wanted to do with the movie, he didnt, end of

I actually want to discover plot points that are left out of the movie. it was stuff that shouldn't have been in the movie. edited/constructed very well in that sense. immaterial questions as far as the movie goes. just that the movie was so effective that I wanna see into some of the peripheral decisions and see how much of the success was planned (like the ice berg theory of writing: show only the tip and leave the rest beneath the surface) - I wanna see how much is beneath the surface.

speaking of beneath the surface, there was this ridiculous da vinci code</i> ad before the movie for the dvd about how there are "so many secrets you haven't begun to recognize" and "if you think you saw everything in this movie, guess again." then they show a few images and name games that every movie/director/writer plays with his material. I only mention it here because da vinci</i> was memorable, if for nothing else, than for it's formulaic, paint-by-numbers effect...and they're trying to sell dvds of it for exactly the opposite. :lol:
spudthedestroyer wrote:I haven't been a student since i graduated.

:lol: know what you mean. but funny to read. sounds kinda like a yogi-ism, like "it gets dark early" or "nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded."
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:03 pm

purposely done, max seemed to have trouble grasping the student = needs to be studying something :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:47 pm

no i just refuse to believe you ever do any work :lol: i used to be a student too i know how much fun it is, but then i work at argos so its not like i do any work still anyway HA
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:28 am

argos?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:47 am

it's a big shop chain here in UK we sell utter crap, lawnmowers that couldnt cut wet paper, toys that break, gold jewellery that turns green in the rain etc etc
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:57 am

sounds like <s>S-</s> K-mart
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General