The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:47 pm

the new family guy is 5x02. It has a lame joke repeated too many times as they sometimes do. The radio plug thing. Stewies prank calls were what i was talking about though :lol:

Last weeks Simpsons was awful imo. The whole metallica plug was pointless and ate up time for no reason, and the godfather 'parody' was pathetic.

u know of any that let u dl .nzb files for free?

I could answer that, but checking the nzb section at forum.dead-donkey, doing a basic search or even browsing this section would yeild results.
viewtopic.php?t=2170
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:49 pm

i thought the metallica cameo was lame too, see i didnt even know hhah even had an nzb section thats how often i go there :lol: i only really visit this one.... actually usually just this thread, i need to get out more
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:56 pm

this one has an nzb section. The layouts are almost identical for the most part ;)

The only difference is the hhah is a hell of a lot bigger and used, and this one doesn't seem to be used so much anymore. Its got plenty of movies archived but not so many visits, not by a long way. There's usually a couple of people idling, not so much posting and variety :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:00 pm

ah, guess i'll check it out then, btw did you ever get that ghostbusters 1080i file dlded? coz i'd love to grab that if its still around
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:29 pm

yes i have got it downloaded and its on my gknot encoding list to convert into 1dvdr sized avi, and no, i'm not releasing it. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:00 pm

ok and damnit.... so what do i have to do to get a copy of it? :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:52 pm

on yer knees, boyo. :twisted:

I think I listened to that simpsons sopranos spoof. the one where the mob boss's son has him shot and that's the big punchline/revelation at the end of the ep?

edit: spud, will that 1dvdr downsized hd cap play on the xbmc (smb OR hdd)?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:16 am

well his son doesnt have him shot, his son wants to be a chef and makes fat tony appear weak infront of the other mob leaders, and they shoot him, so his son poisons them instead

watched latest family guy and american dad last night.
yeah family guys losing my interest fast, they seem to just run the same gags on for way too long, especially the whole radio jingle stuff in 5x02, that joke got real old real fast, and peter got annoying too, infact as a whole the episode was annoying with the very rare yimre i chuckled once or twice like the nosey waiter scene in the restaurant

have they actually axed meg? as she hasnt been in it at all except a picture hanging in the background in both eps, that is of course a good thing

i have to agree spud american dad is being consistantly good, especially any ep with patrick stewart in
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:07 pm

edit: spud, will that 1dvdr downsized hd cap play on the xbmc (smb OR hdd)?

Well currently i tried a 100% res and a 50% res, both of which are too much for the xbox (never tried a 720p but i doubt it will play, 1080p is definitely out). I'll see when its done though.

I think I listened to that simpsons sopranos spoof. the one where the mob boss's son has him shot and that's the big punchline/revelation at the end of the ep?

No, fatoni is shot by rivals, the son wants to be a cook, the son poisons the rivals in the end. There's a shite setup solely for a cameo of metallica that seems to drag on forever. The episode is just dreadful. I deleted it.

I accidently deleted the folder with the last season a while back, and to be honest, i really didn't react or care that i'd made that mistake. Kind of sums up the simpsons.

have they actually axed meg? as she hasnt been in it at all except a picture hanging in the background in both eps, that is of course a good thing

I think she has a job :lol: Its like Seth Green, i get the impression he's a tad busy and will have a schedule that family guy works around :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:33 pm

ah i see, oh well meg sucks and seth green hasnt been able to hold his voice very well since family guy came back from cancellation i dont reckon
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:49 pm

no shit? did his balls finally drop, or what?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:00 pm

his voice work is pretty consistant in robot chicken though, i think Chris is supposed to sound weird.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:52 am

watched Last Kiss</i>. it was alright...maybe even good (barely). it starts off pretty well. but it kinda loses its way and becomes the typical hollywood ending sort of thing. I'd be fine with the hollywood ending, but I would have really liked them to give more focus to the "subplots." there's too much focus on zack braff's character in what is essentially an enssemble dramedy. and frankly, the other stories (and perspectives) are more interesting, but they're all cardboarded by the writing/direction.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:14 am

also zach braff is a fucking annoying little ***
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:11 pm

Been watching Oz, series 1, that i downloaded from newsgroups (someone posted s1-4 :) ). One of my friends watches it so i thought i'd give it a whirl. Funny shit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:49 pm

i saw that on ng, but i thought it was some wine show with oz clarke :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:55 pm

the prison show? :o

it's pretty brutal. got a bit soapy in later seasons <insert>. I never saw the final season or two.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:03 am

spud dawg, any word on that hd dvd downsize experiment with xbmc yet?

I watched an hour long synopsis of BSG s2 in prep for the debut of s3 next week. it was on universal hd. but guess what: the hd channel is only going to start premiering s2. which means BSG s3 will only be on SD (in my cable listings, at any rate).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:41 pm

@oz = violent... yeah, that's what i meant... funny shit :lol:

spud dawg, any word on that hd dvd downsize experiment with xbmc yet?

No leave it with me though, i'll do some tests. HDTV @ 720p + tends to just drop frames though. Most of the stuff i play is streamed from a network.

I watched an hour long synopsis of BSG s2 in prep for the debut of s3 next week. it was on universal hd. but guess what: the hd channel is only going to start premiering s2. which means BSG s3 will only be on SD (in my cable listings, at any rate).

Those SD scifi broadcasts are really wank quality. They should let sky broadcast the premieres like with S1... everyone was a damn sight happier about that setup.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:02 pm

dinky wrote:spud dawg

i think you should give him no results simply for using that word :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General