The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:43 pm

South Park the Movie is easily the best animated movie I've ever seen, its an absolute classic. Its the best musical ever which isn't hard, and its simply a brilliant film. Stone and Parker will never do a better movie.

I can't believe anyone would dislike that and like south park, it was a work of genius in many respects; highly intelligent writing, very funny and really well made. The rest of the stone/parker movies are retarded in comparison, they just can't, don't and will never hold a candle. They'll really have to work hard to top South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

The emancipation proclamation line alone! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:39 pm

watched elizabethtown</i> after peacekeeper wars</i>. wow. that was sobering. that movie sucked badly. cameron crowe, you continue to confound me.

Director - filmography
(2000s) (1990s) (1980s)

1. Elizabethtown (2005) :?
2. Vanilla Sky (2001) :?
3. Almost Famous (2000) :mrgreen:
... aka Untitled: Almost Famous the Bootleg Cut (USA: director's cut (DVD title))

4. Jerry Maguire (1996) :mrgreen:
5. Singles (1992) :roll:

6. Say Anything... (1989) :mrgreen:
... aka ...Say Anything... (USA: promotional title)

throw-in fast times at ridgemont high</i> for author/writer as well. :mrgeen:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:55 pm

fast times is an ok movie though, say anything seemed a bit weak but john cusack is one of my favourite actors so perhaps that gave it a bit more cred to me, altho that scene with the radio and peter gabriel is classic, i mimiced it at work the other day and the stupid under 18 retards didnt get it, fucking morons
Last edited by maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:58 pm

Jerry Maguire? show me the exit! show me the exit! :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:59 pm

i posted a message about south park the movie being utter shit earlier after spuds but the forum broke (must be made by argos :lol:) i hate musicals. i liked orgazmo and team america i don't give a damn what anyone says. Cannibal the musical and baseketball suck erm balls
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:09 pm

South Park the movie is one of those brilliant movies that you can watch in a loop without getting in the least bit bored with it. Its right up there with Ghostbusters and the like on watchability. Its very funny, and its as good as south park gets.

Its got songs in it, but how's that different to south park the series? ;) Orgazmo is feeble next to south park and team america wasn't funny, and doesn't stand up to repeat viewings.

Can't see where your coming from on that one, so i'll have to just assume you suffer from brain trauma like i do when dinky posts :lol:

BASEketball isn't a stone/parker movie, its a zucker comedy -> http://imdb.com/name/nm0001878/ . That's the same kind of police Squad and the like, not a stone and parker thing, they were only actors.

ps. messages are only submitted if you get the message that the message has been submitted successfully ;) If it timed out then it won't have been submitted.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:34 pm

ghostbusters is in a league vastly superior to south park, the songs in sp series are at least funny and spoofy and generally not gay

he's obviously the unfunny one of the ZAZ trio (Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker) i mean scary movie 4!!! :o

just been watching more brisco county, bruce rules as ever.
Also watched some old eps of The Friday Night Armistice, you may remember it spud i don't know, political satire from 1996 or whenever it was tony blair got into number 10 i think, see its been that uninteresting nobody really bothers to remember when it was

ps: at least i'm not the only one who haemorrages when dinky posts then about his latest chick flick starring hilary duff
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:11 pm

erm...latest one was kirsten dunst. or did you not hemorage there?

still</i> haven't seen descent</i> or finished 28 days later</i>. dunno what it is about straight horror. can never get in the right mood. think the last things I saw were land of the dead</i> and exorcist prequel</i> (theatrical). the former isn't really horror and the latter is kind of like saying the last movie I went out to see was mortal kombat</i>.
:o

there's also this inside I'm dancing</i> thing that's been sitting on the hdd for what seems like forever. it seemed like a good idea when I down'd it. but every time I feel like a movie, the idea of a guy confined to a wheelchair bringing life to a small town seems painfully boring.

btw: lion king</i> and aladdin</i> were both excellent animated musicals. and little mermaid</i> had its moments ("under da sea. under da sea....")
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:42 pm

erm...latest one was kirsten dunst. or did you not hemorage there?

i wasn't being particular, hilary duff was just the first lame romantic chick flick teen actress i thought of
incidently it may jsut be the ravages of time but i don't even remember any songs being in aladdin, lion king was good but i don't think i ever classed it as a musical, maybe coz unlike musicals it has a story that doesnt make you want to boil yourself

there's also this inside I'm dancing thing that's been sitting on the hdd for what seems like forever. it seemed like a good idea when I down'd it. but every time I feel like a movie, the idea of a guy confined to a wheelchair bringing life to a small town seems painfully boring

yet you still downloaded it.........
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:51 am

yeah. dk gave an interesting recommendation over at fh. and I was actually in the mood to watch it in the 15 minute period after I clicked the links. a week later when the thing downloaded though, I wasn't. anyway, I have an xbmc set-up in the living room, so me mum will likely watch it. she's also hit-up brick</i> and matador</i>, which I also dl and now don't really care to see.

yes, aladdin and lion king and virtually all of the disney animations - beauty and the beast, snow white, little mermaid, etc. - are musicals as well. how could you not notice simba, nala and zassu breaking into song with every animal in africa joining in. or scar and the hyenas doing their nazi march whilst singing? I won't even mention hakuna matata. :lol:

they're all (including south park) soft musicals. there's as much dialogue as operatic dance crap. it's not like watching a production of grease lightning.

spud's wrong about the movie being the best of sp though. it's really good and I pretty much agree with all he said about it. but my fave ep is big gay al's big gay boat ride (also a musical ep; you'd hate it). but anyone who's ever owned a dog should see that ep. it's hysterical. "stan, your dog is a gay homosexual!"
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:56 am

Thank god your here to continually put words in my mouth.

Its very funny, and its as good as south park gets.

However,
but my fave ep is big gay al's big gay boat ride (also a musical ep; you'd hate it). but anyone who's ever owned a dog should see that ep. it's hysterical. "stan, your dog is a gay homosexual!"

ouch, when was the last time you watched Series 1 of south park? That episode is not particularly, most of series one really isn't very good. I watched them all during the summer.

But you say favourite, instead of best so you can be let off.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:02 am

oh yeah, half way through S2 of buffy (downloaidng off torrent :matrix: ). Definitely and positively no where near as buffy. Quality of the lines is no where near as good as i remember them to be, S1 is tighter if very directionless for the most part, S2 is a full 22 episode with staff writing affair. I remember all the episodes and everything, and its enjoying. But the characters are a tad weak, the universe is all ropey and out of whack (okay, a bit of inconsistancy is to be expected and i don't mind much, just thought i'd mention it). The buffy and Angel thing is unbareably lame duck.

Summation, still, Angel is better than Buffy. I guess we really don't need to get into the same looped conversation about it, but I'm as clear now rewatching Buffy as i was a few pages back rewatching Angel. I doubt i'm the only one that will favour Angel, looks to certainly be the case looking at a few bumped threads (first few pages of this thread too). So i doubt it can be shrugged off as my mere wackiness. I think its just preference and style, same universe, very different approach (and increasingly so as both shows progressed).
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:14 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:However,
but my fave ep is big gay al's big gay boat ride (also a musical ep; you'd hate it). but anyone who's ever owned a dog should see that ep. it's hysterical. "stan, your dog is a gay homosexual!"

ouch, when was the last time you watched Series 1 of south park? That episode is not particularly, most of series one really isn't very good. I watched them all during the summer.

But you say favourite, instead of best so you can be let off.

it's the dog thing. you could be one of those drones who watches CSI/ER/American Idol/Law & Order, absolutely hate south park</i> and roll on the floor laughing during that ep.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:14 pm

i would have thought the "red rocket" episode would have been more up your ally dink ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:29 pm

it's the dog thing. you could be one of those drones who watches CSI/ER/American Idol/Law & Order, absolutely hate south park and roll on the floor laughing during that ep

quite frankly.... no... no you couldn't if you hated south park that episode would make you hate it even more.
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:16 pm

not so. my sister and brother in law and mother all dislike south park</i>(finding it vulgar, crass, offensive and wholy unentertaining), but being dog lovers, they found that ep hysterical.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:00 pm

well dog lovers are pretty much dumb in my eyes anyway so....
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:33 pm

first part of wedding crashers</i> then I went to bed cuz everything that happens once they get to the house/island is helter skelter. but I enjoyed the crashing bits "I'm tellin' ya, you're gonna hear crickets." "I'll be the one in the back waiting to say I told you so."

and vince's riff about the awkwardness of dating culminating in the "just the tip, just for a second" game. :lol:

the maple syrup conglomerate/count chocula. ah. that brings back some serious nostalgia.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:40 pm

Watched Slither which was a lot better than i was expecting, but i was also expecting it to be more of a horror. Unlike 90% of films without a trillion pound budget, the cgi didn't suck ass. There was plenty of animatronics and makeup effects too so all was good. Entertaining movie.

Watched more buffy. Up to about midway into S4, definitely not as good as Angel.

Watched the new Simpsons, its totally lost its way. Sad really.
Family Guy was slightly funnier with its new return but i'm still not really down with it anymore.
American Dad is amazingly on form. Its the only one that stays on target with the storylines, so the jokes are usually relevant. Funny really since a couple of seasons back it wasn't that good.
Robot Chicken was on form though, its the woman from Rugrats (i think that's where i recall her voice from), it just cracks me up to here the little girl capturing Pegasus and torturing it into being a my little pony :lol:

I was going to watch Wes Craven's Curse, but it looks shite so haven't as of yet. I flicked through it. Maybe i'll watch it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:46 pm

i didnt think the first new family guy ep (5x01 retardo cappers) was very good at all, with stewie loving lois it was pretty shit, haven't watched this sundays yet, forgot to dl it too lol, same goes for american dad (i quite liked the camp refoogee ep) and the simpsons latest ep, last weeks simpsons ep wasn't that bad with fat tony.... but it wasn't great eithershould probably grab them off ng but the only site i know is newzbin.org for finding out files, and i can't be bothered getting all the new posts on a.b.mm coz i twill take ages, u know of any that let u dl .nzb files for free?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General