The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:56 pm

I watched office space. I'd watched it before but couldn't remember it exactly, but it came back to me when i watched the rip :)

Ahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too... :googley:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:41 am

up to ep 11 or 12 in farscape s1. the last ep was farscape's dune episode. really...every episode is some other sci-fi show. I don't so much mind the blue lady yet. she's been annoying in a couple eps, but she works in small doses. looks like a man from behind. it's the broad shoulders, I think. kirsten dunst has those too.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:16 am

looks like a man from behind. it's the broad shoulders, I think. kirsten dunst has those too.

/me avoids saying something like "Sounds like your kind of woman dink"

I watched the boondock saints. Never seen it before. William DaFoe is a legend... "Your such a fag..." :lol: Its a silly over the top film, but it has your stereotypical Hollywood Irish in it. Thing is that they cast a scotsman as an irish man too, i guess they were hoping most people won't notice. Then again that's not really different to casting Sean Connery as James Bond. I enjoyed it though, well worth a download, and well worth a download in advancedfilesize :)
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:42 am

well you know spud we irish would stop fighting the nazis but we love the crack too much :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:31 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I watched the boondock saints. Never seen it before. William DaFoe is a legend... "Your such a fag..." :lol: Its a silly over the top film, but it has your stereotypical Hollywood Irish in it. Thing is that they cast a scotsman as an irish man too, i guess they were hoping most people won't notice. Then again that's not really different to casting Sean Connery as James Bond. I enjoyed it though, well worth a download, and well worth a download in advancedfilesize :)

most americans don't notice the difference between irish and scotish accents unless they're right next to each other. then again, I've lost count how many girls have said they like that english accent of the geiko geko. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:08 pm

I have no idea what a "geiko gekko" is btw
edit: okay by the power of the internet i do:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geico_gekko
An insurance spokesicon?

Who'd win in a fight between the gekko and Churchill though? actually i reckon i know who would....
"Ooohh yes!"

ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:19 pm

did you watch one of his videos? http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ekko&hl=en

aussie :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:41 pm

churchill, like the man before him would pwn any american... now i know churchill of winston fame never actually did pwn any americans but only coz he didnt try, if he had tried he wouldve and we all know it :P
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:41 pm

just completed Prey, i thought it felt a little duek nukem ish throughout but i didn't realise that was because it was made by 3d realms until it said in the credits, so they have time to make new games... BUT NO NEW NUKEM, still prey was fun to play, i didn't know it was originally planned so many years ago, but i knew there would be a sequel in the works, if its like duke nukem ill be 80 before the sequels out
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:34 pm

another ep of farscape s1. I think I'm up to 15 or 16. oddly enough, the one true muppet (ok, there's 2 counting pilot), is more entertaining than everyone else.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:45 pm

Rigel kicks ass... but i got to ask, when is a muppet ever not better than anyone else? They are great because they have the ability to express themselves in a particular way because they aren't a guy in a suit, and usually have some great over the top voice work.

I mean yoda? Star Wars is Yoda, Darth Vader and Boba Fett... and the last two are guys with full body gear on. Han this, and Luke that... but its all about Yoda :lol:

Seriously, imo animatronics is a very good thing. Elaborate over the top sets, weird and wonderful creature design, etc. are all things that I love about cinema. A plain dull and unimaginative thing is just wank. Take a look at star trek, sorry, but there aliens are pathetic. I really don't understand how creativity and freedom keeps getting spinned as a bad thing by a lot of people. I dunno, no imagination :lol:

Anyway... dink, you know you were asking about Ask Jeaves and you didn't know the reference a while back @ fh, in the aol information leak thread. I think we were talking about why do people ask a search engine questions, and i said you can blame that retard Jeeves. Well i was watching the simpsons and this line popped up:

Bart: I know what we can Ask Jeeves, why does he suck?

:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:47 pm

my god bart what kind of O/S is that? it looks like a coloured version of a mac classic :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:58 pm

its an old apple mac, a few frames on, and there's the apple logo on a file explorer in the background
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:12 pm

aha that explains that then
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:13 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:Anyway... dink, you know you were asking about Ask Jeaves and you didn't know the reference a while back @ fh, in the aol information leak thread. I think we were talking about why do people ask a search engine questions, and i said you can blame that retard Jeeves. Well i was watching the simpsons and this line popped up:

er...that wasn't me. I tried to explain it using an encyclopedia analogy. ;)

about the muppet thing (muppet being a generic term bandied about for creature - costume/animatronic/puppet), that aesthetic of yours is fairly unique. I mean, it's a total niche thing. I, on the other hand, remembered one thing strongly about farscape- it's a buncha muppets. and your analogy to the sw cantina was pretty accurate (although I think you may have left out the more appropriate comparison with the jaba's palace scene :lol:). on the other hand, it's kinda gay. there was this ep with this ridiculous looking wolf creature that was super-smart and regenerative and all and he was supposed to be frankensteinish and all (great literary visualization), but at the end of the day? what a gay-ass alien. and then there was that crew of bumbling idiots in the salvage episode. I thought I was watching the labyrinth - all that was missing was the david bowie and the voodoo song (awesome in its own right but also a total joke and...gay). I'm not trying to totally bash the muppets. but so far this season, there have been 15 eps, and maybe 4 of them weren't one muppet adventure after another. and most of them are so far removed from scary or dangerous looking, that the jaba's palace analogy kicks in. I'm not done. and it's interesting enough to continue. but imma have to say farscape errs as much in the other direction as star trek in this regard, but star trek has the advantage of presenting (more or less) serious looking aliens (when they're not like that purple magician in the star trek ep of farscape :lol:).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby elguaxo on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:35 pm

I didn't like many of the 'muppet stories' either. For me the series takes off with Scorpius. He is one of my top 10 villains.

I think the word anti-hero describes him better than villain.
elguaxo
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:05 pm

elguaxo, i keep pointing that out but dinky isn't getting it so far. I must have said your second sentance like 20 times. Every scaper knows its all Scorpius and the persuit of Crighton that's the main part of Farscape. :)

I'd still rather watch a friggin muppet adventure than star trek any day of the week. I totally disagree with you dinky, the aliens in star trek are pathetic. The suggestion of serious is a tad too much for me. :lol: Jabba's palace? Maybe, unless you mean post-special edition, then your full of shit :lol:

vs.

:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:05 pm

elguaxo wrote:I didn't like many of the 'muppet stories' either. For me the series takes off with Scorpius. He is one of my top 10 villains.

huh? wtf r u talking about
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:13 pm

Hey, btw, did you know the guy who played Rom in DS9 played Rumpelstiltskin in the post-leprachaun masterpiece, Rumpelstiltskin? :lol:

Link is on the frontpage.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby elguaxo on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:18 pm

Jynks wrote:
elguaxo wrote:I didn't like many of the 'muppet stories' either. For me the series takes off with Scorpius. He is one of my top 10 villains.

huh? wtf r u talking about

dinky wrote:I'm not trying to totally bash the muppets. but so far this season, there have been 15 eps, and maybe 4 of them weren't one muppet adventure after another.

elguaxo
Owns a Genesis Device

PreviousNext

Return to General