The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:43 pm

dinky wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:Although the "last half hour of the original" is stretching a 10 intro-credit into way too much.

eh?

Sorry its a bit much expecting people to remember what's been said :lol:
maxpayne wrote:spud that's because the first 45mins or so of superman 2 is infact a recap of superman 1, so technically it is half of superman 2 aswell

Its about 10mins most if not all of which is a montage whilst the intro credits roll, which hardly counts as a recap.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:18 pm

shows how long its been since i last watched it then, seemed like an overlong recap to me :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:52 pm

lol, well its only the intro credits. I love the way superman nearly lets louis drown... :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:53 pm

to be honest... would it have been a bad thing??
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:08 am

it depends, if she got replaced by Teri Hatcher probably let her drown... if it was keanu reaves, save her as quickly as possible :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:20 am

:lol: poor chris reeve if he had to kiss keanu reeves or reaves or whichever one he is
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:28 am

oh. yeah. no.... what max said was basically right, but the other way around. the first 45 minutes of superman was rightfully superman 2 (and the rest shouldn't exist at all :wacky:)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:02 am

to be honest, i think appending the first 45mins to superman 2 would make superman 2 suck :lol:
He just need to fill in the plot holes and add more zod and that will do :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:40 pm

maybe. maybe not. but it's clearly more to do with the sequel than the rest of its own movie.

just got back from john tucker must die</i>. s'all right. typical teen dramedy. knew what I was getting into and it wasn't raise your voice</i>-bad. cute girls.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:43 pm

i know its not christmas but im addicted to the darkness - christmas time (don't let the bells end) tonight :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:29 pm

dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:53 pm

lol no its not a film, its a song, the darkness are a uk glam rock band whose hook is.. well 70s glam rock but they are modern, and recently ive been addicted to that song
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:02 am

darkness are a shitty band that think they are queen. But they ain't, not by a long way. Queen were good, darkness are just about passable if your too drunk to put up an argument about them being shit.

Essentially they are just a shit queen that don't even deserve a comparison to queen.... OGRE BATTLE LIVES FOREVER MORE!

Seriously max, if your addicted to that shit, download the queen discology. At least they are good :) :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:52 am

sounds like the cure.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:27 am

i have the queen discography, but i don't mind the darkness either and dont even class them as being alike at all, i class the darkness more as comedy glam rock, rather then quality rock. to be fair i dont like a lot of the darkness' stuff the ones they've released as singles are pretty much released coz they are the best of the bunch, but for some random reason in the middle of summer i really felt like listening to the christmas song, so i did and people gave me funny looks :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:53 am

i just found it hilarious that no one signed the darkness until the lead singer started singing like a prick :lol:

For some reason i watched "Chronicles of Riddick". I really don't know why, laziness i guess. I've already seen that movie :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:18 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I really don't know why, laziness i guess. I've already seen that movie :lol:

you just described every decision I've ever made. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:35 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:I've watched heros and jericho and have to say i'm deeply dissapointed with both. They both really missed something since their premises aren't bad. Heros is essentially an xmen ripoff (although they don't form a group, people appear with powers). The wolverine but lame girl was okay, but I really don't think they hit the good stuff at all. It was a bit more mature than a shite teen program though, but that may degenerate into one. Liked the japanese people :lol:

Jericho was by far the better of the two, and yes its the better concept of the two. I enjoyed the episode but once again I think they have started off in the wrong direction. The lack of any sort of military presence, or policital struggle which was shyed away from, it just missed real depth and the feeling is this is going to degenerate into some shite drama show. Myabe these concepts will turn up. They are american shows which probably means 8 shows worth of scripts have been padded out into 22 episodes :roll:

I'll watch both for a while, but I really think both were missed opportunities by a long, long way. That said, they aren't bad and have potential.

Then again, these are only pilots and pilots usually suck balls.

I also watched New Rose Hotel, which was good, but i dunno, i was expecting something a lot better. With that cast... should have been more :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:39 am

i wanted to see heroes aswell, altho it did sound like an xmen ripoff, can't say i've ever heard of jericho though.

Watched Lost 1x01-1x06 last night after fellow workers who all heartedly recomended it, hmm my verdict is still open on it, so far its mostly been back storys of the main cast members characters so far with little twists about the island here and there, so we shall see
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:59 am

erm, the series is almost entirely back stories. There's two or three flashbacks of the character the weeks episodes is about, but they link to the island because people in the flashback turn up in other flashbacks for other characters ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General