The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:43 pm

I did watch thundercats. but it was a whole 20 minutes. :(

body shots</i> unrated - not really worth mentioning, but not painful to watch either. some funny sidebar shit with ron livingston and I saw tara reid nekkid before the boobjob. they're definitely small, but at least she had a human figure before the plastic. so some funny scenes and tara reid nude are the only pluses in a movie that was supposed to be serious. iunno. watch the first hour or so to get through the ron lingingston story. then turn it off.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:07 pm

tara reids the pic on FHM 2006 calendar next month, post boobjob
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:48 pm

wedding crashers</i>. felt like something light and enjoyable. was late and didn't wanna have to concentrate. fit the bill. far more entertaining shtick than vice vaughn's new movie (the break-up</i>)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:43 pm

sorry but wedding crashers was unbelieveably shit, shitter then u would expect infact
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:03 pm

you're not sorry. don't pretend to be. it's unbecoming to lie. we are men of action.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:49 am

I don't know if i can pluck up the courage to watch Face/Off... i know its terrible but I... can't... stop... noticing... someone... left... dvd....

Like a fly into one of those bug zappers. Gonna have to get more drunk first :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:58 am

is it just me or do we have a new skin on here
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:34 pm

yeah. new theme noted in updates. kinda strange that I defaulted to it though. anyway, looks an improvement to me.

deadwood & entourage.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:47 pm

yeah i do prefer it over the old one with one slight bit, the way the text is all black backgrounded in the "headlines" section if you will at the top.

We still need some scifi related icons though
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:26 pm

Please post about the theme here so it can be changed:
viewtopic.php?t=2521
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:41 pm

interstate 60 on recommendation of dk. it was pretty good. nothing special.

and a couple eps of thundercats. I'm up to s1 e5.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:53 pm

lol u've got a fair bit to go then dink

i finally finished watching my way through all 3 seasons of star trek TOS (skipped the shitnagerie) season 3 is noticeably shitter then the first 2 seasons, with only about 3 or 4 decent episodes

started rewatching the old xmen cartoon, watched eps 1x01-03 so far, but fell asleep at the keyboard due to wrok, now i've got a crick in my neck :?

have been recommended Lost by about 6 different people at work so have downloaded season 1 and 2, whether it is as good as they make out remains to be seen, might give it a go in a bit
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:54 pm

yep. I have plenty more lined-up, but there's a hitch in my system streaming the files to xbmc. trying to work that kink out has slowed-down the watching.

the 90s x-men? it's dated now. at the time, it was cream of the crop. but I think the bruce tim/paul dini batman/superman stuff has aged much better. still, it's a pretty good take on the x-men mythology.

I also should note that, while thundercats is not nearly as disappointing as returning to the original transformers was, it's kinda...dumb. I mean...in ways that beast wars and beast machines are not.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:03 pm

i've never watched beast wars or beast machines, i think i read somewhere that they (the ever omnipotent they) are planning a remake of thundercats presumably using shit anime style that infects most modern cartoons like a virus.

i haven't got round to going back and watching transformers yet but either way i expect it will be better then the new movie probably will be

the only xmen mythology i know is mainly from the 90s version of the cartoon and from the movies, although i always wondered why Jubilee and Gambit were never in the movies (havent seen X3 yet) and then it dawned on me it could be because they werent that great characters, but then i always mostly base my xmen knowledge on the good cartoon instead of the movies as i have heard the movies dont really stick to the story very well, a friend of mine gave me the entire collection of ultimate xmen comics on dvdr once but i havent got round to reading any as theres about 500 or something on there, mental
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:46 pm

jubilee was fecking retarded (on the show or otherwise). her and boom boom or boomer or whatever. but gambit was really popular in comics and the show. second only to wolverine. understandably so. got that whole han solo archetype going on. the columbine kiddies prolly jerked-off to panels of him when they couldn't find their matrix dvds. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:43 pm

Finaly got aropund to watching Basic Instinct. Nvr got around to it when it came out in the cinima. I have to say it is very cool. It is one of those films that has had a bad rap for some reason, but I think it is a very decent tale. Kinda like Chinatown... an almost film noir type of pic. Good old "who done it" + "backstabing sexual drama" ... Plus that vahoven touch that I like of explicit sequences. The opening scene is so good, really fucks with you the contrast of the
Spoiler:
arousing sex then the suddent ice picking to death

8/10

ed2k: Basic_Instinct_Collectors_Edition_Unrated_(1992).CD1.avi  [633.95 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Basic_Instinct_Collectors_Edition_Unrated_(1992).CD2.avi  [639.39 Mb] [Stats]

ps:- how do you use the spoiler BBcode to black out inside the line, rather then the way it is done in this post?

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:04 am

omg somebody whose only just seen basic insticnt, i thought it was sex ed 101 for 12 year olds, i mean who doesnt have sex then kill their lover with an icepick...... :lol:

and yeah jubilee is a bit retarded, whats her power... she can shoot things that sound like fireworks, great party piece but still lame really, kinda like being a mutant with the power to get toast just perfectly toasted, never undertoasterd never burnt, perfect everytime, good at breakfast time but not really useful in a fight.

Btw dink what nationality is gambit meant to be? french canadian? or does he just like speaking french around jubilee to get some teen mutant action?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:23 am

basic instinct is shitty, your better off whacking one out to various clips (about 2 minutes of footage so be quick) from the movie and then watching Se7en :lol:

:lol: Honestly, i think its a tv movie, an okay movie once... but i wouldn't go and see it. Its just something that's on. Then again i don't mind Starship Troopers, but people hate that. Basic Instinct isn't show girls, but its not that good. imo, his best movies are his over the top violent ones like robocop and starship troopers. I found his sexually fused dramas a tad lacking on all fronts.

I'd rather watch twin peaks for "backstabbing sexual drama", speaking of which. Compeleted the series. It all comes flooding back. Man, how can they end it like that? Bastards. Then I watched "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" which is a really underrated movie, its pretty brutal and more explicit than the series could be. That's a real "backstabbing sexual drama", and you get to see more sex than the series since its a movie, not just teasing. Lots of boobie and side boobie on display. Sigh, but i dispair... no Audrey Horne. :( I always had a thing for her... *sigh*
I'd not seen the movie before but its a really great complement to the series, after you've watched the series. One central character is a different actress, and there's some faces missing that I'd like to have seen (the hornes!). But keiffer sutherland and david bowie are present as new characters. It fills in what you've already learnt or heard as the mystery of the series unfolds, and its quite nice to see what you'd imagined happen fold out just as you'd imagined it for a changed (George Lucas, are you listening? :lol: )

I got it on DVDr anyway and will probably rip it as an ARF. (I got to find out if its dvd5, i don't remember having to re-encode it, but I'll check).

ps. if you don't know who bob is, don't watch Fire Walk With Me. It will ruin Twin Peaks, you need to watch a series and a half. ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:40 am

oh also managed to cram in Superman II. Its better than the original. Although the "last half hour of the original" is stretching a 10 intro-credit into way too much.

I guess we'll have to wait until the completed part 2 at the end of the year to figure out how the f*ck that green stick gave superman back his powers! :lol: lol @ the yellow plastic dissappearing thing... wtf?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:38 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:Btw dink what nationality is gambit meant to be? french canadian? or does he just like speaking french around jubilee to get some teen mutant action?

french-american from louisianna. I'm not sure what the difference between creole and cajun is. but he's one of those. afaik, he's "true love" is rogue. stopped reading the comics almost a decade ago now though.

spudthedestroyer wrote:Although the "last half hour of the original" is stretching a 10 intro-credit into way too much.

eh?

lol @ the yellow plastic dissappearing thing... wtf?

:lol:

hey, it's less obtrusive than the time travel scene in pt 1. (if only because it's a completely disposable plot device)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General