The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:24 pm

click!</i> was actually ok...even good...until I remembered the totally f-ing obvious, how could you forget this fact? reality of the situation: it's an adam sandler comedy</i>. of course it's going to take the cop-out ending. it should come as no surprise that it's actually your typical christmas carol type of movie (without the christmasy dressing). anyway, I did laugh a bit. and kate beckinsale is SMOKING hot in every scene (usually appearing in her undies). hard to say it was a disappointment, cuz I thought it looked like crap (which was why I hadn't seen it yet). but once I made the mistake of getting into it and taking it seriously, it was a letdown.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:00 pm

watched The Ambulance last night, starring Eric Roberts & Darth Vader himself James Earl Jones. About a doctor who abducts people with diabeties to use as human experiemnts on his cure for the disease, until eric roberts falls in love with a woman who 5 minutes later gets abducted by the Ambulance in question (a 50s/60s style cadillac])

i really enjoyed it, Stan Lee even puts in an appearance a few times as eric roberts boss (eric works at marvel comics)

James Earl Jones'
Spoiler:
death scene is really comically stupid though, he gets stabbed through the chest, acts like nothing happened then gets knocked down by the ambulance and to show him dying they show his chewing get slower and slower

the dvd is only available in australia though :( luckily a friend of mine imported it so i ripped it, one day i might release it who knows.

Worth watching tho
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Clerks 2</i>

it wasn't a good movie or anything. better than dogma, about the same as jay and sb strike back. i laughed. I felt nostalgic. I'm in the same general boat as ks, dante, randal, but I'd be lying if I said it was a good movie. I enjoyed it. that is all.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:52 am

I saw pirates of the carribean 2. As everyone says, the first one was better...
arrr! :lol:

ps. they just say kraken every for minutes to see who has the best pirate voice methinks :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:37 pm

krakens rule :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:49 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:they just say kraken every for minutes to see who has the best pirate voice methinks :lol:

:lol:

watched serenity</i> on dvd the other day. I wasn't wild about it when it came out (thought it was good, but that's it). but I must've gone back and rewatched it 3 times since when? about january or so when I got the disc. so it has climbed a bit in my esteem since then.

now...wtf did I watch on hbohd last night?

shit, I forget. but I did just pick-up this little nugget:
[quote="tv.guide.com"] Superman II Gets Major DVD Redo
Christopher Reeve's run as the Man of Steel will be "immortal"-ized when all four entries receive special DVD treatment on Nov. 14 �?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:33 am

entourage & deadwood
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:24 am

watched ep 1-20 of spellbinder in a back2back marathon while i was burning stuff, it was around the time i got to the middle of ep 20 i realised "its not gonna finish in time" and i realised id forgotten to dl 21-26 :evil: so im dlding them now
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:15 am

I watched all the Alan Partridges. AHA! :lol:

Funny shit, such a cringe worthy person :) If only he'd stop talking and not try to digress on what he'd said.... poor Alan :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:44 pm

:lol alan partridge rules, SMELL MY CHEESE YOU MOTHER
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:04 am

suicide kings. bought it used for $3.33. liked it. nothing to write home about. lots of interesting bit actors, but dennis leary is the only one who really steps-up in his role.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:56 pm

I've been watching Twin Peaks and i'd forgott....
DAMN.... That's good cherry pie!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:59 pm

Hehe twin peaks, that lines used in the simpsons aswell isn't it in the early series where homers watching twin peaks and doesnt get it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:27 am

mm...warrant? :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:06 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:Hehe twin peaks, that lines used in the simpsons aswell isn't it in the early series where homers watching twin peaks and doesnt get it

I dunno, only time i remember twin peaks in simpsons he's watching a dancing unicorn on the edge of his seat and goes "I have no idea what's going on".

I love the bit where Big Ed is telling the story of how nadine lost her eye and Rosenfield is in hysterics :lol:

/me spits out coffee
DAMN good coffee.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:28 pm

yeah its from the same bit as that i think
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:41 pm

I'll take your word on it then, given how frequently they go on about coffee and pie :lol: The spitting out the coffee scene is where they are out in the woods and he's chucking stones at the bottle to try and find out who is linked with the murder. :lol:

The exclamation of damn fine cherry pie is a random guy in the diner in series 2 episode 1. :lol:

Its the way it takes the piss out of all those old soap operas from the 70s and 80s. I remember why i liked Lynch again in the early 90s again... that dune monstrosity put me right off him for ages :)

DVD is out at the end of the year so i'm hoping they do some kind of packaged set :) Maybe they should include a minature mr loggy?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:03 pm

i haven't seen twin peaks in years myself (although i do often gaze at my female co-workers twin peaks :lol:) i'll probably grab the dvdrips
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:38 am

can't decide between the matador, brick or thundercats. would be an easy choice, except I only have 1 ep of thundercats (the rest are out of order) :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:30 am

well obviously thundercats is the choice the others dont even deserve to be in there you silly Dink-Ra, that reminds me actually i need to dl season 2 dvdrips of thundercats, ive got fomplete season 1 (60+ eps :o ) but had to burn them off for formatting space :(
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General