The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:28 pm

I thought it was absolutely painful. very long movie with no flow to it. I was bored to tears 20 minutes into it. it's a LONG movie AND it plays long. gah! had fun mstk3000-ing it with friends though.

finished x-men: evolution</i> s3. I hope there's a s4. actually get apacalypse into</i> the thing with all this build-up.

man in the iron mask</i>. iirc, this was dicaprio's follow-up to titanic</i>. I thought it was gay at the time, but in second viewing, it's actually a decent movie. my problems with it were mostly titanic</i> backlash. I'm not saying world class cinema, but a solid movie.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:02 pm

waist deep</i>. it wasn't quite as preachy as those DMX double-team movies were, but it's not much better either. female lead has a great body, but looks like she had some terrible surgery on her lips. anyway...was in the mood for some action. maybe should have gone into click!</i> anyway. at worst, I would have some kate beckinsale to eyefuck.

watched fantastic four</i> last night. I liked it. oh no, I'm not saying it was a great movie...or really even a good one. but it was competent. Although I never cared for the F4 anyway, I thought it was a perfectly passable comic book movie (ala the first blade</i>): nothing to write home about, but far and away from catwoman and far less lame than hulk versus the angry storm cloud and it's pet poodles.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:18 pm

finished watching Survivors series 2, still excellent, Ian McCulloch (zombie flesh eaters, contamination) still reminds me of the monkey dust "Classically Trained Actor" but the actors definately do the roles well, can't wait to see series 3, although that does mean buying it but i'm willing to do that for such a good series
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:13 pm

watched fantastic four last night. I liked it. oh no, I'm not saying it was a great movie...or really even a good one. but it was competent. Although I never cared for the F4 anyway, I thought it was a perfectly passable comic book movie (ala the first blade): nothing to write home about, but far and away from catwoman and far less lame than hulk versus the angry storm cloud and it's pet poodles.

Your a very, very strange clown Mr Dinky. A very strange clown indeed.
If you mean that new f*ck up of a movie, I really don't know how to follow this up :o
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:14 pm

i think he does, i bet he just has a thing for jessica alba which clouded his judgement
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:18 pm

well that would be to its credit, but she's invisible for the most part :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:20 pm

true, maybe he jsut got excited at the scene where she strips off and starts regaining visibility :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:09 am

just finished watching Ultraviolet.... what absolute shite, total waste of time, the only decent thing was ocassionally a bit of ok music, thats about it, that movie is a complete waste of time, i'm guessing spud doesnt actually verify things he puts in the news links at the top, otherwise i'm sure he wouldnt've bothered putting this in it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:24 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:
watched fantastic four last night. I liked it. oh no, I'm not saying it was a great movie...or really even a good one. but it was competent. Although I never cared for the F4 anyway, I thought it was a perfectly passable comic book movie (ala the first blade): nothing to write home about, but far and away from catwoman and far less lame than hulk versus the angry storm cloud and it's pet poodles.

Your a very, very strange clown Mr Dinky. A very strange clown indeed.
If you mean that new f*ck up of a movie, I really don't know how to follow this up :o

yep. jessica alba thing. it was perfectly predictable and cheesy. but iunno...I was entertained. felt like a quick movie. and I found it MUCH more enjoyable than the really bad stuff like Catwoman and Electra and Ultraviolet and Blade 3. and the plot was much more..."real" is the wrong word... (maybe) logical and engaging than the crap they did with Hulk and the super poodle and then the great big evil angry cloud. those two plot elements were unforgivably bad to me. I'll take F4 with second rate actors doing second rate acting over that any day of the week.

anyway...

maxpayne2409 wrote:just finished watching Ultraviolet.... i'm guessing spud doesnt actually verify things he puts in the news links at the top, otherwise i'm sure he wouldnt've bothered putting this in it

I warned you about that one.

edit: I am curious about how it compares to bloodrayne though (haven't seen the latter - or any bolle movie iirc)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:44 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:
just finished watching Ultraviolet.... i'm guessing spud doesnt actually verify things he puts in the news links at the top, otherwise i'm sure he wouldnt've bothered putting this in it

I warned you about that one.

edit: I am curious about how it compares to bloodrayne though (haven't seen the latter - or any bolle movie iirc)

i don't remember you warning, maybe i just missed that warning

as Bloodrayne is a boll movie i can probably guess it's worse, maybe one day i will watch it if just to compare the 2
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:05 am

dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:27 am

ah yes i remember now

i swear its written into Milla Jovovich's contracts for any film she's in "must appear naked at some point during the film"
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:08 am

max, you should follow to the threads from the frontpage...

I did warn people...

View original forum thread: Ultraviolet (2006) (15 Replies) >
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=11536
spudthedestroyer wrote:awful movie. Truely, truely shite.

Here's some posts from fh:
obormot wrote:The worst movie of the year... Made me sick

Deadman wrote:"I was born into a movie you may find hard to swallow"

spudthedestroyer wrote:bad, bad, bad movie... only thing worth mentioning is that the attire of the soldiers are a rip off of Half Life 2. But its crap.

Anarconda wrote:OK, I'm scared now.

snoopymail wrote:So does that make it official then...

The only film Milla's been in that was any good was 5th Element?

And even in that she wasn't exactly playing King Lear... :roll:

PiLO wrote:Nice...for this one, i don't w8 for a 1.46 GB file :D

don't bother if its any effort.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:10 am

i think from now on i will
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:51 am

I watched Lucky Number Slevin, which was suprisingly entertaining for a hollywood movie. usually modern action movies suck balls but this one was kind of refreshing. Bruce Willis is on good form in it, but all he has to do is walk round pretending to be serious anyway.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:57 pm

bruce willis is always in good form in movies where he carries a gun. ;)

I spent the weekend trying (ultimately in vain) to explain to my uncle that he didn't need to cut out labels individually for his candle company. he could buy precut sheets. that didn't stick. but we did manage to conquer cut'n'paste.
:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:12 pm

watched V For Vendetta earlier, really liked it. It was enjoyable but also gave a message about contempary issues

i never knew V For Vendetta was based on a comic though, which surely makes this one of the more decent comic->movie conversions
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:34 pm

forgot to say, watched Solar Strike (starring mark dacascas) and Mammoth (starring Vincent Ventresca) yesterday, solar strike was ok but mammoth was a scifi original and was one of the funniest things ive ever seen, even if it didnt mean to be, it was obvious that nobody in it was being serious and were jsut playing it for laughs

they had it all, Men In Black quoting "we are the last line of defence", 2 kids obsessed with b-movies, and old man obsessed with aliens, the geeky science guy, the busty woman, the woowoowooWOOOO noise that always used to represent danger in 50s b-movies if u get what i mean, ripped off star trek tos noises the lot :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:40 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:i never knew V For Vendetta was based on a comic though, which surely makes this one of the more decent comic->movie conversions

the movie thread for this one turned into a bitch-fest about how badly the matrix boys butchered alan moore's beautiful comic. I never read it either and really liked the movie.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:47 am

i guess that's why some people liked the resident evil movies, they had never experienced the original subject matter

what a good and bad thing ignorance is eh
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General