The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:09 am

ah yeah, but still the white lines bit is still hilarious :D
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:51 pm

yep. great movie all around.

watched season 3 premieres of deadwood</i> and entourage</i>. the former was good. the latter was great. I can't believe the writer/creator's previous claim to fame was kissing a fool</i>. :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:44 pm

There's a very good quality TS of cars on news, so i'll grab it and give it a whirl. Maybe watch one of the shaw brothers movies i got too.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:18 pm

watched quite a lot of films that i cant remember if i mentioned or not recently

Sci-Fighter which i think i did mention

The Mechanik (dolph lundgrens latest also written by, directed by and starring him) was really really good actually, an action film that actually had a decent plot that worked with it, what i mean by that is the plot was your basic Dolph is an ex spetsnaz soldier who is hired to rescue a womans kidnapped daughter, but it works for the film, it doesnt try and over reach itself like a lot of modern action films do and its not really that cheesey either

watched Pterodactyl, now that WAS cheesey but still fun

also watched Komodo Vs Cobra which was utterly fgucking hilarious on so many levels, its so hilariously bad it puts b-movies to shame but as a comedy movie it was cracking.
Also its the first dvd ive ever seen with bleeped out swearing (well bitch and asshole are bleeped but not crap)

after all in this shitty summer heat you cant be arsed watching stuff that needs too much attention lol

Gonna watch Dark Angel tonight, the dolph lundgren movie not the crap tv show, although to be fair i have never seen teh tv show but it never appealed to me as good from what i read about it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:10 pm

the terrible dolph lundgren movie not the crap tv show

I assume is what you meant.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:27 pm

no that is not what i meant, i would now go into a rant about how you probably haven't even seen the film but as i called the tv series crap without having seen it that would be a bit hypocritical
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:45 am

I'd put money on spud's "correction" proved true.

(but not based on max's assessment ;))
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:35 am

dinky wrote:I'd put money on spud's "correction" proved true.

(but not based on max's assessment ;))

so would I, having seen what a poor movie it is.
Amazingly, like a lot of other Dolph "I have the Power" Lundgren movies are.

Of course, that fact alone means its sure as hell Max has 5 copies on vhs, aint that right max? :wacky:

I wonder how it got the 4.9/10, (which i checked to make sure i had seen it following max's comment), but i'm beginning to suspect why. You know how Joe, the hanndicapped nut job from Family Guy loves steaven "BRING ON THE PAIN" seagal? I suspect its a lot of them types, that really don't get why everyone hates that crap. This is confirmed by the user comment "One of the 80's best action" when the film was released in 1990. :lol:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099817/

So yes, I have seen it. Okay so its not truely awful, but its not very good either, its just as crap as the other dark angel.

I recall the crappy Cameron tv series had Jessica Alba starring, and ultimately, her knockers. Therefore it has a sizable advantage, since Lundgren movies generally only have one tit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:50 am

in fact, as an aside, that imdb comment needs to be saved for future generations:

IMDB user on Dark Angel (1990) wrote:One of the 80's best action

No matter what people say this was a good film. I just watched it again yesterday and I will never forget the end line. It will stick with me forever I'm sure.

Yes the action looks a little fake. Yes the acting is not the best. Are these not okay for films of this era. In action films you can not expect academy award winning performances but you can be entertained for hours.

My wife watched this film with me and she is much younger than I. It was her first time to see it and she enjoyed it as well. Watch this film if you get a chance it is good.

:D
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:56 am

Lol: how can you not like the lundgren? its jsut unfathomable... well ok its not unfathomable, meh at least hes not been in any Uwe Boll movies so thats a credit to him, anyway i bought headphones so i can watch my Lundgren movies in peace without waking the wife :lol:

yeah i remember jessica alba's lady funbags, but i still never watched the show
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:12 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I recall the crappy Cameron tv series had Jessica Alba starring, and ultimately, her knockers. Therefore it has a sizable advantage, since Lundgren movies generally only have one tit.

:lol:

super troopers & serenity.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:16 pm

i tell you something that amused me when i found it out the other day spud, the 2004 live action movie of Viz - Fat Slags has Dolph in :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:21 pm

I watched Cars, or whatever the pixar movie was called and i enjoyed it. I thought it was going to be awful at first, with the shite race camera angles, but that all dies down when the real story kicks in.

Still think that One Man Band animation at the beginning was better! :lol: Its the little kids they do, with the big eyes and head, reminds me of a little kitten and you can't help but go "awwwww" :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:46 pm

yeah. I groaned during the initial race scene (up until the podium stuff).

ocean's 12</i>. meh. it was on and I didn't turn it off.

climatic battle scenes from episode 3 on hd - looked actually pretty amazing (image crispness on a 6' widescreen from 5-6' away). except I think more wire work and less cgi was called for in the anakin/obi-wan duel. and that last scene with padme wasn't AS bad as every other scene between the two. but I laugh every time at this:

anakin: you're either with me or my enemy.

obi-wan: only a sith deals in absolutes.

:lol: ladies and gentlemen, I give you the REAL reason for the disappearance of the jedi - natural selection.
Last edited by dinky on Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:50 pm

just watched robocop 2, definately the best of the 3, watched fat slags (viz) the other day after a friend recommended it, now i must hunt that friend down and make them pay, it is quite simply the worst ever film ever created in the history of film making, its even worse then an Uwe Boll movie and that's really saying something
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:51 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:just watched robocop 2, definately the best of the 3

:o
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:17 pm

dinky i bet you ike robocop 3 best dont u
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:09 pm

3 was terrible. but the original is clearly better than its sequel. :2cents: of course. just a bit surprised that anyone would think otherwise.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:11 pm

well i still think 2 is better then 1 storywise, dont get me wrong 1 is still a classic, but its just a bit slow moving at times
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:50 pm

2 is clearly a worse film imo, its not even a contest. Misses a lot of the point of the first movie, so just comes off as stupid for the most part.

First one is more memorable and just a better movie. 2 had its moments, where they chop up robocop, and the stop motion animation but its just a worse film in the end, in every respect.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General