The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 18, 2006 2:36 am

ah yes it is mrs brittas isnt it, its been so long since i saw any brittas empire

alan partridge, spaced, black books, nathan barley, look around you, big train, the office, coupling, absolute power, peep show, brasseye

hell yes, bits of, bits of, no, no, hell yes, bits of, hell yes, no, no, no

the only decent thing about black books is bill baileys in it, the woman and other guy just annoyed the fuck out of me, but bill bailey is great

ah the guy at the back is from big train isnt he, and the guy behind black books dyke is from the office?

the big train bits with ming the merciless doing housework and watching teletubbies are priceless, so funny, and of course the guy who played simon quinlank aka the hobby king from lee & herring (hilarious) is in it too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 18, 2006 2:43 am

@dinky, well that's where green wing shows it up... it doesn't even have patients in it, so no morality tales or bit parts, well you can normally see a torso whilst they are "operating". The whole point is they do anything but their jobs in a place where its deadly serious. Nothing about medicine or actually being a doctor :lol:

Scrubs was/is just more american shite, no brains, no laughs, and nothing new. Just a lot of "funny" skits with a very predictable american morality tale episode-plot to boot. Yawn. If it struck you as a decent series than i figure your still feeling the effects of a tedium concussion. :lol: I'd recommend you see a doctor, but if tv shows and movies are anything to go by, your probably better off booking a flight to the uk :)

Anyway, i'll move on, Max obviously hasn't heard of it like i thought he would have which is why i stressed the point. Although there was a big splash so i thought he might have heard something either when the series aired last year, when it won its awards or when series 2 started a month or so back.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 18, 2006 11:24 am

i have heard of the title but i got it confused for the reese one, i dont really watch tv anymore, just what i download, i will give green wing a go though when i get some space see what its like
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu May 18, 2006 3:12 pm

24 was ok. two more eps to go.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 18, 2006 4:48 pm

Lost, another tacked on twist... bah!

Been watching green wing up to the latest episode. All watching Blake's 7, a bit too scifi of the week at the moment, but the little budget things with paper on the face were awesome :lol:

Downloaded the dvdr of underworld 2 so i guess i'll give that a higher quality go.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri May 19, 2006 12:34 am

just saw a preview of the season finale for simpsons and the "90 minute season finale" of family guy. and dude: every clip was from the stewie movie. wtf. :o
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 19, 2006 12:42 am

well the stewie movie is actually just a 3part story stuck together for a movie

i believe the 3 ep titles were something like, Stewie B Goode, "Bango Was His Name Oh!", & Stu & Stewie's excellent adventure
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri May 19, 2006 1:06 am

yeah. I noticed that as well (hence the multiple writers & directors), but 1) have those eps never been aired? and 2) what kinda person who watches the show won't recognize the (ahem) 3 half hours season finale as the goddamn dvd that came out a year ago?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 19, 2006 2:00 am

1, no they were never aired, and 2, it was always said that they would be aired at the finale of the current season, even before the dvd came out, althought the dvd is uncut and absolutely full of swearing unlike the ones that will be aired on television, so i guess the difference is dvd is uncut with more swearing and probably more of the racial stereotypical slurs left in
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri May 19, 2006 2:20 pm

:? sigh. well I guess that's that. incredibly lame imo. but whatever. I don't watch regularly, so repeats are usually fine for me.

had this unlabled disc in my changer. so started it to get to the menu and find out it's name so I could label it but it jumped right into the movie. then I was intrigued cuz it looked old and semi futuristic, and I had no fecking clue what the movie was. well...until they woke up this guy in a jail cell and I saw his entire body profile walking down the hallway (you don't get to see his face until the opening titles). once I recognized belushi, ok Blues Brothers. but man! I had no clue for 1-2 minutes. very odd (especially if I own the frackin' disc! :lol:)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 19, 2006 2:32 pm

just watched All Souls Day - Dia De Los Muertos (2005), it was ok, ive seen worse zombie films but i have also seen better ones, although it was hilarious watching the kid who played "guidebook" in eurotrip attempting to act like a tough guy against zombies :lol: when in eurotrip he is (and looks) really weak
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 19, 2006 6:53 pm

just watched The Carpenter (1989), it was meant to be a horror but played out more like a thriller with a slight supernatural element, Wings Hauser was good as the killer carpenter though, what i amusing is in the credits the man and his wife's names in the film are for some reason credited as alice jennet and martin jennette :lol: slight nitpick there

it was still an average film though
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri May 19, 2006 7:06 pm

:lol: thought it was gonna be another jesus flick when I saw the name.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 19, 2006 7:38 pm

:lol: you imagine i would watch a jesus flick? the only jesus flick i would watch is "Last Action Jesus - Jew Better Watch Out, Jew Better Not Cry" Coming Winter 2007 Starring Mel Gibson as Jesus, also starring Tom Cruise as L. Ron Hubbard The 2nd, Zach Braff as Jew, & Alan Rickman as yet another crazy european wizard thief man
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri May 19, 2006 11:47 pm

heh :lol:

<s>tr</s>jew enough.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat May 20, 2006 2:00 am

watched Cybertracker 1 tonight, out of all the terminator style rip offs (cyborg chasing man, man puts up a fight) it is probably one of the better ones, although it had a bit of a robocop feel too (the cybertrackers are law enforcers fo a sense, they judge and execute as they see fit), the martial arts (and acting) from Don "The Dragon" Wilson (seriously that's how he's credited) were pretty much laughable, the plot also makes huge leaps in logic whenever its needed just to get around awkward plot points that they cant fill in properly

but thats why we watch b-movies :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat May 20, 2006 1:06 pm

I got "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" from my dvd place... boy do they not make movies like that anymore. 2 1/3 hrs, intermission; really top notch film classic :) No point reviewing it because everyone will have seen it at least once.

Also downloaded and watch underworld 2 dvdr. Seen it before but this one was better quality.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat May 20, 2006 1:12 pm

just been watching more star trek, it was the tos ep where teh couple are gonna get married and he dies right at the end, it always makes me laugh... does that mean im twisted?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun May 21, 2006 2:05 am

just watched CyberTracker 2... oh boy where to start :lol:

it was a pretty enjoyable film, lots of fighting and explosions, mindless violence, always relaxing

now onto the hilarious bits

1. the character of Jared is back in it,,,, it's just a shame he was actually killed in the first film :lol:

2.It Rips off nearly every film you can think off, terminator, terminator 2, robocop, robocop 3, mad max

3. it steals entire scenes from other films
robocop - tracker 9 has robocop armour and even the flamethrower attachment
terminator - cyborg chasing man turns up and virtually kills everyone in a police station looking for someone
terminator 2 - a chase scene around drainage tunnels in vehicles from beginning of t2
mad max - the car Don "The Dragon" Wilson drives looks almost exactly like night rider's car that max does up in mad max 1
Cybertracker 1 - It Reuses shots from the first film, and recreates scenes from there

4. concidering the trackers are advanced cyborg termination machines they seem to have to shoot the shit out of a room just to kill someone stood 3 feet infront of them unarmed and not even hiding behind anything

5. near the beginning a police van is supposed to hit another van causing it to explode and be blown over it, except its painfully obvious the van is already airborne before it even hits the other van and explodes

6. the character (Jared) who came back from the dead to be in the second film gets shot running down a very long narrow corridor, the tracker is right behind him firing 2 guns (yet obviously barely hitting anything), and there are no small cubby holes etc in the walls, yet Jared manages to stop, take his white vest off, tie it around his leg where he has been shot, and continue running without being killed :lol:

7. a tracker shoots Don "The Dragon" Wilson's mad amx ripoff car to shit, filling it full of holes and shooting every window to peices, yet 2 seconds later Don "The Dragon" Wilson jumps in it and all bullet holes are gone and the windows are miraculously fixed (if only autoglass worked that fast)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon May 22, 2006 4:00 pm

sopranos</i>. it was decent. I KNEW they were wasting too much time to develop vito's gay trist, and this ep more or less proved it. it finished that story line, and gave almost no account from the vito perspective. it was all about how his shit affected tony and his "family." they wasted half of last week's fecking episode on a vito thing that should have been 5 mins.

umm...haven't seen much of anything other than sports. was going to see DaVinci Code</i>, but it is getting bad reviews pretty consistently. I think over the hedge</i> might be out now too. will have to give that a go. only must see is x-men</i> later in the week.
:mrgreen:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General