The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Mon May 15, 2006 7:40 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Sopranos... i don't know if this makes me a homophobe, but I really don't want to watch that gay stuff. I hope they play it down. Sounds bad of me, but fuck that PC shit... really, I'm all for equal rights and all that shit, but I don't like watching it :lol: If they were lesbians fine with me. But the village people look-a-like and some fat italian is a bit much for me.

a little bit, yeah. :razz:

no. seriously, I know what you mean. I am actually good with the idea that he's gay/bi. but the scenes seemed...iunno...gratuitous and out of place for sopranos</i>. they don't do that with guy-girl or girl-girl on the show either. not as if to draw out some slowed-down, romantic interlude kind of stuff. I'd say they wasted 10-15 minutes on a 5 minute element of the 55 minute show. then on top</i> of that, I don't want</i> to see two guys (ugly as sin to boot) spooning in bed. uncomfortable? yes. more importantly: bad execution. the scenes didn't mean squat anyway. you could have had skipped EVERYTHING from this ep. just stick with the ending of the last ep. maybe get them to say "i love you" once (like the cooking scene?). and jump to vito working on the nail, checking his watch, all of a sudden he's on the road back to jersey. wtf? they did it anyway. they just threw in all these superflous scenes to boot. meanwhile, christopher doesn't appear except as a gag in the last 30 seconds, uncle junior is still in limbo, tony's tete-a-tete with dr. melfie and his dealings with his sister/bobby are all begging for more screen time. and then there's phil's moves behind johnny saks and johnny's behind phil's.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon May 15, 2006 8:07 pm

allt his just seems to fuel my theory that i'm glad i dont watch soprano's as it sounds shit
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon May 15, 2006 9:24 pm

uh huh. that theory of yours is right up there with intelligent design and the world is really flat again theory.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon May 15, 2006 10:08 pm

wtf has intelligent design got to do with anything? just because you like enjoying men bumming each other :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon May 15, 2006 10:42 pm

beeeeeecause sopranos is easily</i> one of the best shows on television, and your theory makes as much sense as intelligent design? did you really not get that? cuz you're really beginning to make me feel better about this 'random space in peoples' signatures' debacle.
:wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon May 15, 2006 10:48 pm

dinky dinky dinky, i know what intelligent design is thank you very much, just the whole principal behind the sopranos appeals to me about as much as having my testicles bitten off by a rabid wolf, that kinda show doesnt even start to even slightly attract my attention let alone peak it, i would rather watch the american version of coupling (which is the unfunniest, most boring waste of space on this planet) that is how little interest i have in sopranos, the entire cast just look like they failed the audish for dead like me, or e.r or perhaps that csi bollocks infact it wouldnt suprise me if you liked csi, it strikes me as being right up your alley
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue May 16, 2006 12:28 am

I take it you've never seen it? with the shit you watch, you really ought to at least take a look at the first ep of sopranos s1. what whole principle? a show about mafiosos? you ought to love it: lots of violence, lots of male chauvanism. it's right down your alley. (the gay stuff in s...what is it now? s5? s6? precisely doesn't</i> fit the atmosphere of the series). it isn't anything remotely like csi, which I happen to despise, btw. ;)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue May 16, 2006 12:43 am

csi, which I happen to despise, btw.

maybe your not *all* bad then

all the adverts i saw for sopranos years back on channel 4 made it look like some analyze this/dawsons creek themed hybrid, i'm not a big mobster fan as it is anyway, apart from the godfather, and any gangster flick starring james cagney of course

Just watched Retroactive (1997), james belushi's best performance really as frank the psychopath who kills his wife over and over again as an ex hostage negotiator goes back in time 10, 20 minutes to stop him and ends up making it worse, very good film
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue May 16, 2006 7:14 am

Sopranos is awesome. :)

I watched Saturn 3. Great scifi film :) Even if the robot was cool, but unbelievably shit at the same time. :lol:

Also watched Penn and Teller get killed, and I was dissapointed. Was expecting a funnier movie to be honest.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue May 16, 2006 12:44 pm

i have saturn 3 on dvd but unfortunately its one of those many dvds i have that have to this date remained unwatched :?

Also watched Penn and Teller get killed, and I was dissapointed. Was expecting a funnier movie to be honest

i told you before... its not a snuff film :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Tue May 16, 2006 2:03 pm

Pen and Teller sux imo. They were good ages ago when they had that magic show were they showed all the secrets that got them booted out of that wierd "magicians guild". It was after that that theystarted all that other stuff as they couldn't get a gig anywhere doing magic.

I just watched "Somewhere in Time" A pretty cool time travel flick staring superman and that chick that was the tarrot reader in Live and Let Die. Basicaly a guy falls in love with a photot on a wall and wills himself back int time to meet her.. very cool.

Also been watching a lot of old school action films.. Delta Force, Out for Justise, Blood Sport, Commando etc etc. "When sis we stop cheering for the man with the machiene gun or an acid spraying gun of some kind" In some ways I miss the 80's actions flicks.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue May 16, 2006 4:33 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:i have saturn 3 on dvd but unfortunately its one of those many dvds i have that have to this date remained unwatched :?

"the imperfection... is yours"

Also watched Penn and Teller get killed, and I was dissapointed. Was expecting a funnier movie to be honest

i told you before... its not a snuff film :lol:

Have you seen it? How do you know that the penn and teller movie isn't... well apart from the fact its an 80s movie and they are still alive? :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue May 16, 2006 6:17 pm

Jynks wrote:Pen and Teller sux imo. They were good ages ago when they had that magic show were they showed all the secrets that got them booted out of that wierd "magicians guild". It was after that that theystarted all that other stuff as they couldn't get a gig anywhere doing magic.

I just watched "Somewhere in Time" A pretty cool time travel flick staring superman and that chick that was the tarrot reader in Live and Let Die. Basicaly a guy falls in love with a photot on a wall and wills himself back int time to meet her.. very cool.

Also been watching a lot of old school action films.. Delta Force, Out for Justise, Blood Sport, Commando etc etc. "When sis we stop cheering for the man with the machiene gun or an acid spraying gun of some kind" In some ways I miss the 80's actions flicks.

i agree 98%% with everything you just said, but i think its debateable about calling somewhere in time a time travel movie as the movie can be interpretted 2 ways, his body stays in this time (well the 70s) and only his mind and soul go back to the paintings time, or he physically wills himself body included back in time, but everything else is spot on

i read an interview with arnie once where they asked why (and the interviewer actually said this) do you make movies with a plotline now instead of just explosions and fighting like you did in the 80s?" and arnie's reply was "vell, people zees days are smar'ter, dey need moore intelligent movies to grab them instead oft jus' fighting and explwoisions" (that's typed in arnie phonetics :lol:) so basically hollywood thinks people want smarter films with less action, i also saw a feature on action films on newsnight just after 9/11 happened, they focused especially on The Siege, and said action films will now most likely have toned down events as terrorism is getting more and more closer to the events that are portrayed in such films, the action film as we know it is dead" and i thought "wtf fuck off i want nonsense no brainer, one man army explosive 80s style action films foever"

so there is your answer and yes i too miss the 80s style action films
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed May 17, 2006 10:21 pm

art school confidential</i>. it was...not good. the idea was ok, I guess. iunno. it wasn't very funny...especially considering the spoofing it was trying to do. the strangler/murder plot was pretty dumb. it could have been something closer to Jude Aptaw's short-lived FOX series undeclared</i>, but as it stands, it also wasn't very interesting in terms of the main character's romantic quest or search for identity...or anything, really.

I liked all the swearing though. that was a plus. 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 18, 2006 1:31 am

Watched return of the living dead. What a great movie, i hadn't watched it in a while but it really does the job. I mean zombie fans are up in arms, but zombies in that movie are both nimble and articulate, yet no one cares. So the truth of the matter is, it isn't that zombies run these days, its because zombie films barring a few are shit these days :lol: Would buy that on dvd but the R2 dvd is shite so i'll stick with my DVDr.

Also decided to watch some Green Wing. For some reason i stopped at episode 6 in series one, i think its because i was following it as it was being aired and got side tracked. So i downloaded the other episodes and its a great series. Quirky post-bbc dominated sitcom, which like most of that kind comes from Channel 4. For those that haven't seen it, think scrubs but not completely shite or unfunny and gay. So basically, its a comedy and set in a hospital, but don't mistake it for that piece of shit scrubs :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 18, 2006 1:44 am

is the green wing that one with reese shearsmith? i seem to think he was in some recent hospital sitcom

just watched robot jox, it was an ok 80s b-movie but im not a fan of mechs to begin with, infact the whole 80s thing was probably what got me to watch it in the first place, as usual the bad guy is russian :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 18, 2006 2:01 am

no, wasn't that on bbc? and didn't that get cancelled... i remember something about that too.

No, this is a lot more memorable, and on channel 4.
its pretty much an "all-star" comedy cast
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Thu May 18, 2006 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 18, 2006 2:03 am

for an all star cast the only ones i recognise are sarah alexander (coupling, the strangerers), rhat really annoy bitch from black books (fuckign shit program too) and possibly sheridan smith 2nd from back, who incidently lived near me and went to school with one of my mates sisters, same class and everything :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 18, 2006 2:16 am

That's why it said "all-star" and not all star ;)

You obviously don't watch as many comedy shows as I do... and i don't even have a tv :lol: You'll probably know the guy on the end is from Spaced (lives down stairs), second from back is obviously Pippa Haywood from Brittas Empire (Mrs Brittas).

They all come from lots of british comedy shows. If you've watched shows like, alan partridge, spaced, black books, nathan barley, look around you, big train, the office, coupling, absolute power, peep show, brasseye etc. you can spot pretty much everyone. That's if you keep up with the british comedy shows. it's like the people who appear in shows like Mighty Boosh, they appear everywhere too.

When i watch any modern comedy show on english tv, i can spot actors from all over the place. :lol:

rhat really annoy bitch from black books (fuckign shit program too)

Black books? shit? i knew you had no taste but damn... that's just put you off the chart :lol:

Its not awe inspiring but its no way in hell anywhere near shit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu May 18, 2006 2:18 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:So basically, its a comedy and set in a hospital, but don't mistake it for that piece of shit scrubs :lol:

I haven't actually seen scrubs except for large chunks of the first 2 seasons. but it struck me as a decent series. if the thought of anything even remotely related to ER (in this case actually spoofing it) didn't automatically cause bile to well up in the back of my throat, I would prolly have watched more.

though I never even tried watching the heather grahm and tara reid "cameo seasons."

anyway, about to check out this week's ep or 24. president fuckhead's special address fucked up my dvr.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General