The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Thu May 11, 2006 1:31 am

Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 1:55 am

Spacehunter - Adventures In The Forbidden Zone DivX (1983)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 11, 2006 8:37 am

More console stuff mainly.

Watched Family Guy and that episode was the best they'd shown for a long time. The poltergeist parody worked really well i thought. It wasn't hilarious an episode, but it was enjoyable to watch. Like old school simpsons halloween specials are fun to watch.

Been watching the E3, there's some neat stuff being revealed... the weirdest is Solid Snake popping up in super smash bothers. That's messed up, and one of those god damned nintendo dogs... please let me be able to bray those dogs... seriously, i'd buy a wii just so i could beat up those damn things. it was like being able to bray Picahute on the first super smash brothers... "why.... won't... you.... die!"

:lol: Maybe that's why Solid Snake tries to shoot himself in MGS4? He got beat up by pika-whatever-it-is-chuke :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Thu May 11, 2006 2:12 pm

I couldn't understand for the life of me what "those god damned nintendo dogs" were. then you mentioned pikachuke, and I was (a) offended for that thing being popular enough for me to know wtf it was and (b) welled up with hate for this mental picture of a buncha fecking pikachu dog things.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu May 11, 2006 4:48 pm

nintendodogs aren't pokémon, its a ds game like a tamigotchi:
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=nin ... a=N&tab=wi

My sister has two, and i still can't find an option to put the dog in a sack and drown it in a river. Hopefully i'll be able to bray the shit out of it since it appeared in the trailer for the new SSB :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu May 11, 2006 5:16 pm

oh. right. the dog picture printing thing. yeah...umm...nintendo definitely makes some quality stuff, but it's hard to look at those gimmicks and not agree that it's a kiddie platform (or focuses on the 12 and under age group a lot more than any other).

:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu May 11, 2006 6:43 pm

My sister has two, and i still can't find an option to put the dog in a sack and drown it in a river

that sounds like you've had a little play with it :lol:

focuses on the 12 and under age group a lot more than any other

sounds like an average night out on the pull for dinky then :lol: (or was that one just too easy)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri May 12, 2006 12:49 am

dinky wrote:oh. right. the dog picture printing thing. yeah...umm...nintendo definitely makes some quality stuff, but it's hard to look at those gimmicks and not agree that it's a kiddie platform (or focuses on the 12 and under age group a lot more than any other).

:lol:

ds? A surprising large amount of older people have one, especially in japan. The brain puzzle game which is like an old biddie game has been in the japanese charts for 52 weeks now.... that's a reaallyy long time for a game.

Essentially in japan they've nailed all the demogrpahics. These nintendodogs are looking after dogs basically, that's got kids and the female market, there's a shit load of "brains" games which are for the older market and that's doing exceptionally well.

The 20s demographic i imagine is the hardest, and that's competing against the psp. From what i understand its owning it, and its got games like Resident Evil now. Then there's the usuals mario, mario kart,etc. I know a couple of horror freaks have them at hhah, so somethings definitely fucked up :lol: Maybe you can get necro pr0n on em or something?

Nintendo are like Hilter's Nazi party, they get them when they are young :o
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri May 12, 2006 12:56 am

let's be fair, there's nothing competing against psp - it's on it's way to the recycle bin (right next to my sega gamegear). :lol:

I think nintendo has that</i> market locked.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 12, 2006 1:37 am

just watched RiverWorld, i've never read the books so i don't know how faithful it was but i enjoyed it, it was really set up for a series, afterwards i checked and turns out it was a pilot for a series and the series was commisioned but the pilot is the only one that got made, which is a shame coz i think it couldve been good, oh well probably never get made now as the film was made in 2004
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri May 12, 2006 4:13 pm

smallville season finale. lame. as you might expect, it's a "cliffhanger" :?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri May 12, 2006 5:47 pm

the best cliffhanger so far on that was the one where he put teh red kryptonite ring back on and sped off on a motorcycle, end of season 3 i think, but then again that is the only season finale i can remember from that show.... i seem to think noe involved 3 tornadoes heading to smallville and clark thought he could fly and then just conveniently never bothered trying to again for 3 seasons?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri May 12, 2006 11:23 pm

yeah. there was the tornado thing with lana in the truck. I'm not sure if that was s1 or s2. red kryptonite for s3? I can't remember if the tornados was the same as with clark and chloe at the prom. then there's last year's with the fortress of solitude.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat May 13, 2006 12:04 am

ah yes forgot fortress of solitude one, yeah the one for season 2 or 3 was when he put on red kryptonite (season 2 i think actually) and gets on the bike and rides into metropolis and starts commiting robberies and shit, coz he found the ship and did some thing and his aprents turned up and the truck crashed and it killed the baby martha was carrying so he thought they hated him and beggared off
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat May 13, 2006 6:09 pm

watched the smallville season 5 finale last night, made a review of it on my,..erm myspace (i was bored)

finally got round to starting to watch star trek tos dvdrips i dlded a while ago, Cheese rulez
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat May 13, 2006 8:04 pm

I watched the first two episodes of Blake's 7 for the first time in... well it might as well have been ever since it seemed new (well it didn't look new :lol: ) and refreshing. Great series. But everyone knows that. It makes you wish you didn't know what happened in the end :(

made a review of it on my,..erm myspace (i was bored)

Thinking about making an "anything goes" blog for the hhah frontpage, which means you can post ed2k links/torrents/nzbs and cross-reference entries in the database. Not sure if many people would use it though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat May 13, 2006 8:09 pm

ah right, i guess that would work, people could post movie/game reviews, ideas for movies/games, amateur movies they might have made, and interesting bits of info they might feel like sharing with other hhah/sfhah users.

Among of course the other things you mention like torrents/ed2klinks/nzbs etc
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon May 15, 2006 2:14 pm

latest ep of sopranos</i>.
kinda boring/lame.

latest simpsons</i>.
evolution vs. creationism in schools. I liked it...except for this random nelson thing that just wasn't funny cuz it had nothing to do with the rest of the ep (except everyone else seemed to think that was hilarious - so go figure)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon May 15, 2006 3:54 pm

More Blake's 7. Good stuff.

Film wise, over the past few days I watched Holy Grail and Life of Brian. Saw the Fisher King for the first time and really liked it. A subtler 90s Gilliam but his standard paper-mashier demon-knight on horse was kind of a "hey look at me, I'm crazy, crazy Terry Gilliam".

Sopranos... i don't know if this makes me a homophobe, but I really don't want to watch that gay stuff. I hope they play it down. Sounds bad of me, but fuck that PC shit... really, I'm all for equal rights and all that shit, but I don't like watching it :lol: If they were lesbians fine with me. But the village people look-a-like and some fat italian is a bit much for me.

Robot Chicken was good. Family Guy was another film parody with a bit of sub-stories... didn't work as well as the last episode with poltegeist. And I dunno what did the poltegeist episode but i'm thinking it was the sound track now. So that's props to John Williams, and whoever did the music in family guy for recreating it :)

I accidentally deleted all my simpsons and my response wasn't "shock/horror" but "meh". I got the latest though, i guess i could watch.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon May 15, 2006 5:50 pm

ah new robot chicken and family guy are out now then i looked this morning for torrent and didnt find them, i will look again now

gays are fine aslong as they are gay women, and by that i mean lesbians not dungaree trousers, flanel lumberjack shirt wearing moustace growing buzzcut hairdo bulldykes
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General