The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:14 pm

using solaris atm. this particular screen is 1280x768. but it fuxxors the 12x10 at home too. (makes sense enough I guess. same number) *shrug*

heh. never occured to me to block the image. only problem is the whole domain seems to be blocked. vanilla ff 1.5.0.2
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:14 pm

get adblock from the official firefox page :)
you aint blocking javascript are you?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:56 pm

started watching Season 1 of Home Improvement, watched latest scrubs aswell
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:27 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:get adblock from the official firefox page :)
you aint blocking javascript are you?

I manually ok them on this machine...except all of dd is allowed and has been for a while. will give adblock a look. sounds like it targets more specifically?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:55 am

yeah adblock is cool :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:25 pm

heh. I already had adblock on this machine. never used it cuz of noscript pretty much taking care of everything. anyway, took the opportunity to upgrade to adblock plus.

/me crosses fingers

watched the last 3 discs of Beast Machines</i>. it's purposefully a more "spiritual" series than the previous stuff. and that scared me a bit (I also noticed this when it aired on tv), but fortunately, that didn't ruin it. it wasn't all treehugging hippy jesus-preaching shit. it was more buddhist/zen stuff. and on the plus side, it did add a degree of seriousness to the series, which is also a lot tighter between eps - the producer/story editor/writer said he sold the series as a "novel" in 26 chapters...anyway, it does show more continuity between eps. sometimes the hippy-zen shit makes for awesome eps. other times it gets a bit too hokey (imagine the equivalent of optimus prime spewing obi-wan kenobi, force/balance shit all the time).

my only real complaint - and this really bothered me during the original run too - is that the transformations (1) look gay and (2) make no sense between beast mode and robot mode. when they transform, there's just this flash of light and the robot mode *appears* while the beast mode disappears. you can't actually watch them transform part by part or anything cuz they just fecking don't. and on top of that, the robot modes (vehicons and maximals) looked silly. flimsy or no legs (fliers w/o legs, wheels instead of legs) and optimus' robot mode had these ridiculously out of whack proportions that reminded me of the worst kind of japanimation/streetfighter 2 drawings. and finally, megatron, for all intents and purposes, never had a robot mode and never did anything in one until the absolute last ep when he stole optimal optimus' from the previous beast wars series.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:09 pm

lmao, check out the new south park... classic :lol:

Its one of those wtf episodes, starts off about Towlie :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:45 pm

yeah grabbing latest sp now, one of my friends says im in it... which really really REALLY worries me :lol: (im guessing theres someone in it with my name or something)

and on top of that, the robot modes (vehicons and maximals) looked silly

and have really silly names too, at least autobots and decepticons are kinda cool and explanatory
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:56 pm

vehicons transform between vehicles and robots. maximals between animals and robots. it seems pretty explanatory to me. besides, the "autobots" was kinda gay considering that (1) they only became "autos" after crashing on earth (wtf were they before that?); and (2) there were actually autobots that transformed into airplanes. :lol:

decepticons makes sense either way, but the autobot thing is kinda funny. gee, guess which toys/characters they came-up with AFTER the show's bible was created. :lol:

edit: it took me a long time to get used to the beast wars. I didn't watch any of it on its initial syndication run. felt like it was a total fuck-up with the insecticons from the original transformers series (note that the transformers armada crap actually is a travesty of the name). but no. beast wars is set in the distant future from the original series. the robots are approximately human size (with lots of variation). the maximals are the descendents of the autobots. there are also descendents of the decepticons (including a never-taken-offline ravage - the panther/cassette tape) and the spawn of Unicron, the badass planet from the movie. both beast wars and beast machines do a fairly good job integrating with the extant mythology.

compare that to the japanimation, pokémon crap they're pushing as "transformers" today. sickening. someone sold his soul on that one.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:17 am

haha ive now got an image of a kid putting the panther/cassette tape into their walkman in tape form only for it to transform into a panther and u hear a big squelch sound and blood oozes out of the walkman causing kid traumatisation
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:51 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:yeah grabbing latest sp now, one of my friends says im in it... which really really REALLY worries me :lol: (im guessing theres someone in it with my name or something)

are you a stoner towel, a pussy or an arsehole? :lol:

That episode was an absolute classic. I'm guessing that's one they wrote over the season 9 to 10 break :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:02 am

lol it was indeed a classic, my names Gary so that is obviously what they meant Mingey :lol:, i love the way mingey has a rough british londoner accent, and Gary has some sort of scrooge mcduck sounding scottish accent :lol:, mingey i think im gonna be sick..... BLEEEEURGH oh god mate it stinks
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:12 pm

erm, i pretty sure gary is welsh ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:45 pm

welsh scottish all the same really :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:10 am

what does sean connery have to do with jam on toast? :?

:wacky:

latest smallville. liked it.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:26 am

unlike other animated shows, like the simpsons and family guy, i get the impression that they might have actually been to the uk too. :wacky:

Simpsons english jokes are increasingly lame, they have this deluded view that people are quite like that. I found the first attempt on family guy (with the little girl/my fair lady skit) was quite funny (except for that song :roll: ) but that last american football episode... a) like anyone plays that shit game in the uk b) have they never heard of rugby? :lol:

Contrast that with the pip episode in south park which is hilarious and its just another thing that makes South Park vastly superior :lol: Their humour is normally bang on target.

I don't understand how people get pissed off when they are getting the piss ripped out of them, i think it makes the episodes better because how close to home it hits.

but back to the welsh arsehole, i think that's the best commentary of the welsh to date :lol:
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:33 am

yeah simpsons view of english really sucks, for instance in the episode where they go to london and meet tony blair, lisa and bart go into a candy store, which as we all know would be a sweet shop not some faggy candy store
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:36 am

well to be fair simpsons is like that with everything these days. I'm beginning to think its actually that that is written by manatee's.

They get the location ball, then they choose tourist attractions from the tourist guide :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:37 am

im thinking simpsons is jsut shit these days lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:54 am

do you call the telephone "the telé"? or is that the television?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General