The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:47 pm

bought a shitload of dvds. got the US versions of x-files</i> s1 & 2 for $30 each (used). man in the iron mask</i> cuz it was $5. although I distinctly remember thinking it was just an excuse for leo to act like a whiny bitch OFF of a boat - so not exactly sure wtf I was thinking there. but I do really like count of monte cristo</i> - the jesus one. lesse...BeastMachines</i>, the complete series. Point Pleasant</i>, where the devil's daughter comes to town. looked like a cool premise. never watched the show. was on FOX. guess I'm not the only one. thought about robot chicken</i> s1, but it was a good $10 too much. tripping the rift</i> s2. watched the first couple eps. glad to see it's uncensored. umm...election</i>, the reese witherspoon/mathew broderick movie. ultimate avengers</i> - watched it already. was actually pretty decent. I'll def. check out the second one (comes out in august). I like the idea of these dvd movies. would be cool if they did an Age of Apacalypse ultimate x-men</i> movie. s'not like that movie's ever gonna get made, so it's not threat to the live action franchise.

logitech 2.4ghz xbox controllers were half price at Best Buy. if I hadn't decided on all those dvds, a quality logitech wireless for $25 would have been sweet. but I already have like 5 or 6 xbox controllers. :lol: currently using a joytech 2.4ghz, which works surprisingly well. only logitech I have to compare with is ps2 though. I wonder where the blutooth headset is for 360? I figured if it's been out for xbox for a couple years, it oughta be common for 360 (not that you really need it with the wireless OEM controllers, but still...)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:56 pm

surely thats "crom, cromcromit!" :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby tweye on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:08 pm

:lol: yeah i think he's able to speak only with variations of the word "crom", sort of like the Smurfs language
"You are beyond insane!"
tweye
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:52 pm

got the US versions of x-files s1 & 2 for $30 each (used).

Every series is now £14.99 in the uk retail. Dunno what the exchange rate is but i think its $2 = £1 i think, so its about $35-40 for an official boxset.

You might want to look at an import dealer.

As for xbox pads, don't even know where mine is... the games for the xbox are shite and i haven't played one for ages.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:24 pm

i hate xboxs although (and it pains me to do so) xbox360 games dont look too bad for a console

up to 1x07 of survivors now
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:45 pm

you aint one of those sony fanboys are you, the crab people that live in their bubble with reassuring walls that sooth your conceince by saying "there are no games worth playing on other consoles", "you are a big boy, oh your so mature, not like nintedo", "but pcs don't have stupid japanese games", and "microsoft are evil"? :lol:

Hardware wise i don't see much fault in the xbox, its the superior of its generation without breaking a sweat. It looks ugly but big whoop, that makes no sense as an excuse. It can be hacked and is THE best standalone. Anyone who says other wise is a liar. And most of all, its sale equates to a loss for microsoft. I don't play games for my xbox, but Fable was very good. It sure as hell got more use than my ps2, and would have my gamecube if not for zelda (fanboy here) and RE4.

I just checked prices since i was buying one for my parents so tehy can watch stuff i download for them; £50 second hand with a 1 year warranty from cex.co.uk, and cheaper still on ebay.

I really can't see why people can fault it, unless they are one of those sony fanboys max... Tell me you ain't max? I can't understand how those people think (obviously its not based on logic, some kind of 3rd party influence :lol: )

Seriously, why the resistance? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:54 pm

im not any console fanboy, but i have played more sony then n64/gamecube and xbox, perhaps i just played a really bad crop of xbox games that tainted my xbox view, but to be honest id rather play on an amiga then a sony product, much better gameplay, what i will say about sony is i do prefer the controllers then that of the xbox, although it is only the orig xbox i aren't as friendly too (that my prior post was refering to), the 360 does appear pretty nice for a console, of course pc's will always be the gaming platform for me, although i do still have my old amiga 1200 kicking about and all the games too, along with a sinclair zx spectrum 48 and 128k with all the games i had, which are still fun to play on, although its amusing sometimes playing an old spectrum game typing at the speed with which i type and ive finished typing, for instance "look in the barrel and pickup the energiser bunny" and the screens only reading "look in the ba" due to it not being able to keep up :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:24 pm

yeah but why would you want to play on a console, xbox is the best standalone and that is the sole reason everyone should own one. Its one of the best devices I own, and what i was saying about the pad is true, i really have no idea where it is.

For that reason alone I just can't comprehend why you wouldn't want an xbox, how are you playing back stuff now cos i assure you, it will suck next to the xbox ;)

Networked up its just untouchable, and the games are okay sometimes as a secondary feature.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:01 pm

ive got a dvd recorder (which i barely use) infact most of what i watch is on my computer
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:10 pm

i thought that was l33t when i used to do that too, but i was wrong, its tedious in comparison :)

You can watch shit whilst using your computer now :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:04 pm

is your movies server in another part of the house or something, spud? cuz my comps are all in my room, so streaming stuff over the network to the xbox just means there's 2 annoying case fans running (plus the projector fan) instead of one. and the sff comps (much quieter than the tower) are still noticably louder than the xbox (although xbox has managed to identify itself with a uniquely high pitched squeal).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:33 pm

I have lots of machines across the house, my main pc that is on all the time has lots of space in it (2TB), but i don't use this locally, it is in another part of my house. I work off a newer pc or a laptop most of the time both of which are pretty much silent.

I replaced my xbox fan so that's pretty quiet too (fans are dead cheap, if its squeaking, rip the bottom off and replace the fan :) )

Best thing about the xbox over the network is it means i don't have to back shit up and use network shares instead on my server (same one that uses ed2k 24/7). :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:26 am

heh. you just reminded me of this NAS device I picked up cuz...it was a great deal. netgear sc101: http://www.compusa.com/products/product ... pfp=BROWSE it's such a flaming, horrid piece of crap, I cannot even begin to do it justice. it moves at the pace of a 56k modem with proprietary software (no ftp access) over a 108mbs srx wireless network. AND it has to be attached to one computer at a time.

I can't believe I pulled the trigger on that one. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:16 pm

finished disc 1 of tripping the rift</i> s2.

saw lucky number slevin</i>. it was ok. could have been a lot better with a little more thought put into it. it's definitely tarantino-like, but it's nowhere near as quality as any</i> tarantino movie I've ever seen (and I'm not exactly his biggest fan). you can see them attempting to copy his dialogue style though. and of course the plot is somewhat pulp fictiony. but it plays itself out like the whole movie is going to get at the "truth" of some apparently random thing, but even the blind lady's seeing eye dog knows exactly what's what by the first 10 minutes. all said and done, it was ok...decent. could have been a lot better with just a few (major) tweaks in the plot or even just the sequence of actions.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:44 pm

dinky wrote:heh. you just reminded me of this NAS device I picked up cuz...it was a great deal. netgear sc101: http://www.compusa.com/products/product ... pfp=BROWSE it's such a flaming, horrid piece of crap, I cannot even begin to do it justice. it moves at the pace of a 56k modem with proprietary software (no ftp access) over a 108mbs srx wireless network. AND it has to be attached to one computer at a time.

lol, i weas going to buy one of them until i realised how terrible they were, how all the reviews were diabolical scores and basically how terrible it was.

I got some switchable carriers/caddies and they are awesome.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:47 pm

watched latest south park
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:13 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:
dinky wrote:heh. you just reminded me of this NAS device I picked up cuz...it was a great deal. netgear sc101: http://www.compusa.com/products/product ... pfp=BROWSE it's such a flaming, horrid piece of crap, I cannot even begin to do it justice. it moves at the pace of a 56k modem with proprietary software (no ftp access) over a 108mbs srx wireless network. AND it has to be attached to one computer at a time.

lol, i weas going to buy one of them until i realised how terrible they were, how all the reviews were diabolical scores and basically how terrible it was.

I got some switchable carriers/caddies and they are awesome.

pah! read the reviews. would you like some of my princess bride perfume to go along with your skirt? do you read the instruction manual before fiddling with the new component? do you stop and ask for directions when you're lost? does triaxos' sugar mommy run your network for you? read the reviews. fie! fie! on your reviews!
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:21 pm

ok but what the fuck kind of girly retort is "fie fie" sounds like something a gay frenchman who owns a poodle would say.... are you coming out of the closet dinky? :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:20 pm

rofl :lol:

@dinky,
reading a manual = woman stuff (that's actually based on some reality in psychology that joke, I use it a lot and it comes from a study that shows that men tend to sit down and press buttons until it works [whcih is why there's a large bias in the tech industry], but women spend a lot of time reading the manuals and because of the length and complexity its harder to understand than actually jabbing buttons)

This is not to be confused with reading a review, which sole aim is to avoid you spending shit loads of money on a piece of shite, or analgomous of a hard ass f*ckin. Very different stuff, people that are easily duped won't read reviews and be summounted with a piece of crap, or those that enjoy a good ass f*cking by some company like netgear peddling their cheap wares.

Well, a lot of men don't want that, I don't... one way system you know.

The purpose of a review isn't to tell you how it works, just to assure you it works enough so you won't get ridiculed in a scifi forum for being a sucker :lol:

@max, you'll have missed the whole "dinky buying perfume escapade" @ fh :lol:
http://www.fileheaven.org/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=20

ps. boy did that one backfire on you dink :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:40 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:
ps. boy did that one backfire on you dink :lol:

you'd like to think so, wouldn't you!

that one only resonates if you know your PB ;)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General