The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:40 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:mindless gun fights without any context or appeal... oh wow she can do flips?!? she flipped over the plot near the beginning of the film. Okay so they are clones, well done.

in fairness, that's also all there is to the source material. it's not like they turned the iliad</i> into troy</i> (2004). skimpier outfits in the animated shorts though.

edit: I'd like to see your comparison to ultraviolet</i>...if you could stomach another bad matrix knockoff.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:01 pm

ultraviolet the old 90s series with jack davenport?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:27 pm

edit: I'd like to see your comparison to ultraviolet...if you could stomach another bad matrix knockoff.

Well i'll look i guess, i can always turn that shit off if its worse :lol:

<edit>@maxi thought there was a new film called ultraviolet
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0370032/
</edit>

I mean I can tolerate Matrix ripoffs, i mean Equilibrium was a matrix-come-1984 ripoff but I had no trouble watching that. But aeon flux was just empty as a film. I don't understand the fuss.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:32 pm

wow just check imdb, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000170/
Milla Jovovich has done some f*ckin terrible movies. I guess that's what to be expected if your engaged to Paul "Mortal Kombat" Anderson
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:58 pm

i liked mortal kombat but then im a mortal kombat game fanboy, although the sequel mk annihilation was so bad it (the premiere in scunthorpe) was infact the last time i went to the cinema until resident evil apocalypse came out here which really tells u something doesnt it, i mean mka was in like 1995 or 6 or something like that and re apoc was 2005... a decade of not going to the cinema due to being utterly dissapppointed in most of it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:25 pm

Damn max, you suck! :lol:

Go directly to MPAA's gimp funhouse with the rest of the people who paid to see that crap. Do not pass go, do not collect £200.

No wonder you think badly of cinema if you only go watch the shittest movies of the decade the few times you do go.

MK was so lame... can't believe that made so much money. Makes no sense to me.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:43 pm

at least i amde up for it by not going to the cinema for a decade :lol: i had a feeling re apoc was gonna suck but it wasnt my money that time, i sat there the whole time going "wrong wrong wrong no no no oh deary me i sense a kill frenzy coming on", needless to say i havent been to the cinema again since, so in that respect the mpaa might argue they've lost money to p2p but i say it's their fault i stopped going for letting retarded goat/american hybrids who have "special classes" make what can only be loosely described as flinging faeces at a camera and sending off the result to universal/dimensionfilms/lions bay etc etc
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:52 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:Damn max, you suck! :lol:

Go directly to MPAA's gimp funhouse with the rest of the people who paid to see that crap. Do not pass go, do not collect £200.

No wonder you think badly of cinema if you only go watch the shittest movies of the decade the few times you do go.

MK was so lame... can't believe that made so much money. Makes no sense to me.

:lol:

I had a similar reaction. THOSE are the last two movies you've seen at the cinema???

yeah. I meant the milla jovich movie. and let's please not associate equillibrium with aeon flux or ultraviolet. just for my own little peace of mind, eh? ;)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:22 am

yes those are the last 2 movies i saw at the cinema, they were so bad it took me that long to go back and then i was sorely disappointed, the joys of divx/xvid once more come to light
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:56 am

haha, damn your about the only person not to have seen the LOTR movies at the cinema that I've ever heard of! :wacky:

Whatever you think of LOTR, that first scene with the orcs over the cliff on the big screen is one of those spine tingling moments you get in films where you just sit back and enjoy (in this case the sheer amount of money they dumped on it :lol: ). 8)

I've been unable to replicate that on the little screen, will have to look into bigger projectors :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:25 pm

i vastly despise lotr due to being forced to watch the god knows how many hours long directors cut dvd of the first one
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:07 pm

you went to see Mortal kombat at cinema but dispise having to watch LOTR? hehe... Your one of a kind max :lol:

I got the extended ones, and really don't mind them. No point watching theatrical versions, particularly for the latter two. Watching Christopher Lee fall to his death is always worth watching 8)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:55 pm

this whole convo. is cracking me up. I'll see anything at the cinema (whenever I feel like the atmosphere and eating out). but just the idea that two movies worth getting someone off their bum and into the theaters were MK and RE is hysterical. that's like going to an italian restaurant and ordering a cheeseburger and fries. :lol:

did you actually expect them to be good?

heh. watched last 30 mins of constantine. I liked it. coulda/shoulda been a lot better. but it was decent. 3 keanu movies I have no complaints about him in: matrix, constantine, speed. maybe feeling minnesota too. but that's not really a keanu movie.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:32 pm

lol i like that sketch in robot chicken for Keanu Reaves sausages where he does his matrix/ constantine/speed dialogues in quick succession :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:55 pm

is there a new season of robot chicken on? coz people seem to be mentioning it a lot recently, ive seen all of season 1, was great, especially when optimus prime appeared in an ad for prostate cancer :lol:

and yes i am one of a kind, when i was born they broke the mould 8), someone has to bring levity to every situation :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:41 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:is there a new season of robot chicken on? coz people seem to be mentioning it a lot recently, ive seen all of season 1, was great, especially when optimus prime appeared in an ad for prostate cancer :lol:

That was only the first episode, the office skit at cobra command and the super villian carpooling are my two favourites from series one... but even where they get guest voices in, like mark hamill... awesome.

anyway yup, onto episode 2 of series 2 now. The keanu suasage is series 1 :)

DVD should be out for series 1 sooner or later, don't think the series has even been signed over here... its retarded, I'd sign all these kind of shows no problem if i owned an english tv station.

and yes i am one of a kind, when i was born they broke the mould 8),

*no comment*
:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:33 pm

yeah ive seen all season 1 of robot chicken. love it hilarious stuff, and yeah english tv does have a habit of picking up the crap and leaving the good shows
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:33 am

finally got round to watching Survivors 1x01 (bassline rip i think) and it was pretty good, kinda relevant aswell to the bird flu thing at the moment in a way

also watched latest family guy and scrubs
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:56 pm

watched <s>Angelina Jolie</s> Mr and Mrs Smith. typical hollywood disposable time filler movie, does what its supposed to i guess. I kept watching for <s>Angelina Jolie</s> some reason. :wacky:

Watched Conan the Barbarian. Funny thing about Arnie films is you don't know if he shouts "run" or "crom", either he says "crom" every film or he's saying "run" most of the time. :lol:

I got The Beastmaster through the post so i guess that's next. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby tweye on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:53 am

:lol: or "run, cromdammit!" when he has to run for his life
"You are beyond insane!"
tweye
Owns a Genesis Record

PreviousNext

Return to General