The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:12 pm

watched latest smallville, is it just me or was it borderline ripping off flatliners? and the ending just seemed like they simply ran out of episode time and had to cut it off
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:14 pm

yes. they do that a lot (rip off other movies - ironically, the last time lex "spoke" with mommy was a christmas carol knockoff). buffy did that a lot too (the ep I remember was a tv version of puppetmasters, which I'm sure is also a knockoff but can't find of what). anyway, I thought it was a quality ep, so that didn't bother me - but yeah, I definitely noticed that too. the only thing that bothered me was how</i> clark woke-up. lana didn't stick him with the wake-up juice. he had green kryptonite running through his bloodstream. the only explanation I have for that is kinda hokey and therefore lame (daddy sent him back?). but smallville has done that before when jor el brought him back too.
:?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:29 pm

erm you obviously didnt hear the scene near the end in the daily planet
Chloe: When you die it neutralises the kryptonite in your blood.. good to know
Clark: well its not something i plan on making a habit of

i understand chloe wouldnt really know if it neutralised it as shes no scientist and presumably didnt run tests but that is the reason they gave for why he erm didnt die of it coz he was already dead etc etc so once he was dead long enough the kryptonite dissapeared and his invunerabilty came back

i remember the lexmas episode was actually more of a rip off of that nicholas cage film the family man then a christmas carol but i guess lexmas and family man both are loosely based around christmas carol

to be honest though i wish lana had actually died coz she annoys the hell out of me, maybe she should team up ina film with martin lawrence :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:41 pm

:lol:

yeah, I did only hear "when you die mumble mumble in your blood. good to know"

although after having the actual scoop from you, I'm going to call them on a gay-ass explanation foul anyway. cuz that's just retarded. kryptonite disappears because he's dead? uh...no.

and t'anks. ;)
Last edited by dinky on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:46 pm

yeah it was still a gay explanation but at least they made a (half arsed) attempt at it, i mean it might jsut be me... but isnt kryptonite the only thing that can kill superman, sooooo if it leaves his system when he dies (possibly through the fact that we all know people crap themselves when they die (thankyou cartman)) and then he comes back to life surely that would mean it doesnt kill him persay just takes him out of action for like what 5minutes most?

the paramedics turn up

chloe: nah its ok guys he'll come back to life anyminute put the shock paddles away.... whose up for a quickie in the back of the ambulance with me and lois?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:16 pm

no. mainly because (a) shit & piss are things that your body filters so that it doesn't</i> enter the bloodstream; (b) the stuff was injected directly into the bloodstream, therefore bypassing any filtering mechanism of the body anyway (c) if the kryptonite, which is mixed with the blood vanishes, then htf is it that his blood is still there yet not the kryptonite? the green stuff survived fine on its own w/o clark's blood to mix with. it doesn't need his blood (or him) to exist. wtf! and even if you buy that crap-ass explanation, it still</i> doesn't explain how he came back</i> to life w/o being revived with the serum like everyone else cuz he was, in fact, dead.

stupid fuckers. :lol:

of course, it's not out of character for this show to make such leaps in logic. kind of like accusing 90210 of being too much like...90210. but still, there are these little surreal moments where all you can do is laugh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:28 pm

dinky i know what happened, chloe walks out the shower and clark wakes up and it had all been a dream :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:56 pm

I'd hit dat. of course, I'd go in for any one of clark's three girls on that show. even lana (yes, she's a whiny annoying little character).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:58 pm

lol id go for martha kent before i could ever bring myself to go for martin lawrences female equivalent :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:54 am

Who is the best chick how on Smallville?? Who is the best chick to EVER be on smallville?

Just woundering wat you boys tatses are on smallville? Personaly Louis Lane is a freak dog... nothing turns me off mroe than huge fake boobs that are all wierdly "over" round like freaking fruits down a trannies vest and ribs sticking out all over the place. Lana Lang is mroe my type but her charicter is a fuckn looser bitch I wouldn't put up with for 2 seconds. Chloe is definatly my fav of the three.

As for my fav of all time I think I have to go with the evil sexy computer tech chick that brainwashed people in her emails. Nothing like small square glasses and red deep red clothing, and black hair for me :)
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:25 pm

I'd say chloe sullivan/allison mack as well.

watched latest sopranos</i> and 2 eps from s(3?) of tripping the rift</i>. not as good as the first season and first half of 2nd season that I watched a while ago. this is too much like family guy</i> (direct references to modern movies/people - one of the eps a couple days ago was going back in time to give the origins of the roswell stuff on earth; it was a running joke on arnnie as politician...the jokes were fine and all but outta place on the show).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:21 pm

Okay, watched a few:

Krull, I like fantasy's but i like them to be a bit more character and plot, and avoid the mistakes here with huge scene changes and poor editing... its like "you must do this task and retreive the sacred throwy sword daggery thing... if you survive this tas... oh you got it already? oh we need to go to the... we are? well we need to get the sear! What do you mean we have and he's dead?" :lol: I love the art work for the fortress though, really surreal and wacky.

Phantasm 3. I know some people don't think so, but it really is better than 2. The reason is because they knew it was a sequel and treated it like one, they jump straight into the action and injected a bit of humour into it. The problem with number 2, is that its rather slow, whereas with number 3, its a matter of seconds before things start dying. Its gorier, has better pacing and has a bit of humour. Phantasm 3 > 2.

Phantasm IV, now its not very often that i don't get what happened in a movie, i'm usually the guy that everyone turns to and i tell them what they were meant to have understood, but with this one its a bit difficult even for me. What I assume its getting at is that the whole thing is ciclical, and that its infact Mike that is used to create the Tall Man (who himself was normal until he decided he wanted to control death). The Tall Man knew this all along, through all the films and was using Mike to create himself. I don't know, it still doesn't sit right. The films a bit indie for my tastes, but I guess they didn't want to repeat 2/3 all over again.

Ice Pirates, for a comedy its not very funny. I bet max loves it though :lol: okay maybe seeing Ron Pearlman in an early roll was amusing. However, there's one thing that I loved about this movie, and that's how shit the robots are.... that's friggin awesome. Reminded me of Galaxina with the battle that's basically clicking a button and hoping your sheilds don't run out first :lol:

Dead & Buried, I've owned it on DVD for ages and never even watched it. Love this movie, there's a kind of editing that I'm not fond of, bits missing and too much of other things. I think the narrative would have served the film best if it stuck more closely to the lead cop running round, it just didn't seem to do that enough. The film itself is great if you haven't seen it:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/shar ... vies&id=24

Sopranos, good ep i thought.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:45 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Dead & Buried...bits missing and too much of other things.

iunno. I thought they did a fairly nice job putting most of the pieces back together. I mean...reanimation being what it is and all. :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:50 pm

*sigh*

:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:36 pm

@ jynks, yes chloe sullivan/allison mack is my favourite aswell but there are still things i like about lois... i think that might be the whole "if shes there and your bored she'll probably just give it up so u can pass the time until allisons home from the daily planet :lol: , lana on the other hand i hate hate hate she looks like a troll and sounds like martin lawrence (sorry to keep retreading old ground there but she does), incidently what happened with that witch storyline involving her? i know jane seymours character and her son were both killed but wasnt that by loinel from what i remember rather then by the witch lana? it jsut seems to have been dropped

@bubba ray spudley, i've never seen ice pirates, downlaoded it but never watched it and burnt it away so probably never will get round to watching it as its rare i get round to watching things ive burnt away (except 7 days), also i agree with your phantasm comment, 2 is the worst of the series, and 4 also confused me but i do still think its the 2nd best in the series, although last time i watched them i only had dvdrips of 1 and 4 and poor vhs caps of 2 and 3
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:53 pm

two more eps of tripping the rift</i> and the latest 24</i>. both are getting better. the former cuz it's a bit more like its south park roots (making fun of satan and god and jesus: god and satan swap roles in an attempt not</i> to have to take chode for eternity when he has a near death experience) and the latter...well...just cuz.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:19 pm

finaly got around to catching up on "The Scene: that wierd internet TV show about the movie release group.... all done on irc and trillian chat... . . . The show isn't that bad but it is getting old.... like many shows it starts with all this promise but nvr really dilivers... . .. they need to start ramping it up a bit...

if you do not know wat I mean
http://www.welcometothescene.com/
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:07 pm

Watched Aeon Flux and boy was it bad.

Just really bad film with absolutely zero appeal for me. Characters/plot/etc. all absent. setting gone, editing = mindless gun fights without any context or appeal... oh wow she can do flips?!? she flipped over the plot near the beginning of the film. Okay so they are clones, well done.

Really retarded movie, seems to be there merely to appeal to a post matrix croud who don't want to think. And at least the matrix was watchable and had something a bit more stylish about its fight scenes, and plot.

Spud deems it bad scifi... i'd rather have watched Casshern or some other piece of crap where they at least tried to make a film.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:28 pm

some other piece of crap where they at least tried to make a film.

so that still keeps uwe boll out of the picture then :lol:

watched latest tmnt and some more married with children
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:34 pm

i wouldn't watch another uwe boll movie if i was tied up and gaged, clockwork orange style, in a room full of mirrors... i'd attempt to suck my eyes backwards into the sockets, and adjust the pressure my head to burst a blood vessel in my brain.

After sitting through ten minutes of Alone in the Dark i think i've perfected that technique, luckily then i could (and did) switch it off.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General