The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:11 pm

slither</i>. I think the EW review said nathan fillion is a perfect b-movie/bumbling hero type of actor. now I don't mean to blasphemy here, but he does compare favorably to bruce campbell in this movie. I can see what the reviewer was saying. so far, he's a one-trick pony (also like my boy, brucie), but he does do it pretty well. I laughed out loud quite a few times (in a good way). so the movie was decent. prolly this year's shaun of the dead</i> - not that it's that good, but it does a lot of the same things. the only remotely original thing from the movie is the parody/satire - if that can ever really be original. anyway, it worked for me.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:25 pm

:lol: yes of course i mean the actress, the ex playboy playmate or something she was, got in with the wrong crowd and died for it opr something along those lines
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:40 pm

just been playing The Godfather game on pc, quit enjoyable even fi teh controls do kinda suck hugely (the mouse controls camera but turns left when you want to look right etc, and u cant change it), anyway if anyone wants ti heres the one i dled

ed2k: PC-The.Godfather.The.Game.[www.gamepcrip.com].rar  [3.17 Gb] [Stats]
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:03 pm

ah apparently the controls being inverted (and not being able to get out of vehicles) is a security thing to try and stop people downloading or using pirate copies and cracks, no doubt there will be a way round it soon
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:11 am

didnt take long, if u dl it DONT crack it, instead dl the mini image Here
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:36 am

I just went to a double feature of Aon Flux and V for Vendetta.... V was quite good.. a little "silly" in the style of the batman flicks and not like the comic with is pretty down to earth and rather gritty... The movie was more mechanical widget weapons and stuff like that. Still pretty good..

The big surprise was Flux... .. now I am not going to go and say it was a good flick but I rather enjoyed it. For fans of the cartoon... well lets just say it is kinda like the doom movie... as in it has NOTHING to do with the cartoon apart from the title. Still it had a bit of charm because I loved the technology in it.. the tech is so advanced that it is unrelatable.. pretty cool in my view.. it was just a wicked fantasy scifi world in with to set a story

ImageImage
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:39 pm

I'd say the cloning bit and the relationship between aeon and fairchild were (not the same but) pretty close.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:08 am

Watched Johnny Fagtronic and boy does keanu Reaves suck.... wtf do they keep hiring him, he's awful... truely awful in this. He can't emote AT ALL, its just painful. It was the japanese uncut version and its just as shit as the English cut version, I was hoping they'd replaced him with an emotionless robot in the japanese version so he could emote better, but no, it was still the wooden avenger. F*ckin waste of money. There was one guy, this doctor that kills by a mad.... sigh... yeah its that good that I've given up midsentance. Anyway this doctor guy was just as terrible an actor as Keanu, it was kind of funny.

Next up, Williow arrived through the post so I watched that mofo... yup Georgey boy lifted quite a bit from LOTR there methinks. Bit of 80s cheese was what was needed after Keanu Reaves. Wooden prick, i'd rather watch actors selected from a subset of dwarven people, which of course means we aren't going to see ultra-Jack Nicholson actors, but they were all so much better than Keanu its hilarious.

Then I watched a movie i downloaded from here called Nothing, and i enjoyed it. Did the trick, it was weird enough and kept me entertained all the way through... so props to the people involved there.

Last up was the cool Strange Days (the one about the emotion/video recorder things), seen it once or twice on tv, but it was nice to sit down and watch an unraped, unscheduled version of it. "Top titty" on display in that one.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:28 pm

never saw the whole thing so not sure... that the james cameron movie with ralph fiennes?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:39 pm

yeah, that's the bitch... well written by James Cameron.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114558
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:32 pm

watched latest teenage mutant ninja turtles episode, good stuff
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:57 am

smallville</i> in hd! yay! (of course, WB isn't going to exist next year :lol:)

dvr didn't record this week's 24 for some reason. will have to dl.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:12 pm

dvr didn't record this week's 24 for some reason. will have to dl.

perhaps its latent taste chip activated? :wacky:

Actually i've never actually bothered watching 24, just seemed like some lame ass american thriller... with a Sutherland. Maybe i should watch one?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:31 pm

no spud, remain pure... well as pure as you can by not giving in to the crapness of 24
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:58 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Actually i've never actually bothered watching 24, just seemed like some lame ass american thriller... with a Sutherland. Maybe i should watch one?

at the time it premiered (5 years ago, now?) I'd say it was the most innovative show on television. kinda like the invention of sliced bread. I watched it on dvd cuz I thought the conceit was gay - 24 hours, real-time action. it was so gimmicky. but when I watched it, I have to say, I've NEVER been so gripped by a television "drama." its intensity is a lot to do with some of the absurd plot moves (no doubt), but the "gimmick" of the real-time thing actually hit the mark. and I hate</i> reality tv shows. like all shows, there are hit or miss eps. but for 22 eps (I think the first season was only 22?), the hit versus miss ratio was prolly the best I've ever experienced. as I said, it's the ability to maintain the tension in the audience that really makes/made it special. not sure how well it will translate to brit sensibilities. I would imagine we're close enough in cultural tensions/anxieties for it to work the same magic.

lemme put it another way, it's a breath of fresh air from all this law & order, csi, reality tv, cookie-cutter 90210-cloned bullshit that infests prime time drama. it is worthy of being an hbo series. 8)

edit: also saw some a few more eps of tripping the rift. really like that show. never did see why you lot keep praising futurama and (especially) family guy above simpsons, but TtR is amazingly similar to a sci-fi version of family guy - which automatically makes it better than FG for me. :mrgreen:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:17 pm

erm dinky it could be because futurama and family are vastly superior in everyway to the simpsons which should just be laid to rest now really, its overly run its course

incidently did anyone see the latest south park where they were ripping family guy saying it was gonna show a picture of the prophet mohammed, and mocking the denmark papers for it, then goin on about freedom of speech, funny ep
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:13 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:erm dinky it could be because futurama and family are vastly superior in everyway to the simpsons which should just be laid to rest now really, its overly run its course

notice I'm not arguing for the current season(s) of simpsons (which I don't even watch) as some vastly superior show. but I did (try to) watch futurama (stopped after FOX dicked around with the schedule but watched when it was on sundays) and family guy. both of which I DO like. but I really really really cannot see the attraction to family guy. it's fun, sure. but it's a total knock-off of simpsons and southpark. I just can't get on that bandwagon. yes, it's entertaining. and stupid. so is tripping the rift. I half prefer the latter because it doesn't have a buncha mindless drones worshipping it because there's a cute evil baby who talks with a lisp. american dad I only saw twice. can't get with the whole alien living with them thing, and it isn't even as good as the worst family guy. I would rather they made more family guy eps. it was never simpsons vs. family guy or simpsons vs. futurama. those comparisons are just silly. simpsons was already an established show with an established audience, and it DOES attract more viewers than the others. I really wish poeple would stop bitching about simpsons versus those two shows when FOX has a whole week's worth of other prime time shit that is far worse than the absolute worst simpsons ep. and I can sit and enjoy ANY simpsons ep just as easily as any of the aforementioned shows from any season. so no, I really don't see what all the ruckus is about.

there. I said it. flame on.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:22 pm

flame on??? your not johnny storm :lol:

as it happens most of the people i know who like family guy dont actually like stewie the most (some even like brian who just does my head in coz he's annoying), quagmires easily the best character :mrgreen: , i've never seen tripping the rift so i cant really debate about that, and as for american dad.. i will watch it but tis still not as good as family guy, steve and the alien just annoy the hell out of me, as do all steves friends in it, and hayleys bf, klaus is funny though, family guy is more my taste though, lots of 80s references and general stupidity which homer used to have but now he seems to just whine all the time kind of like a yellow martin lawrence just not as high pitched and faggy
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:53 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:now he seems to just whine all the time kind of like a yellow martin lawrence just not as high pitched and faggy

:lol: you really</i> don't like martin lawrence. :lol:

I think his shtick is entertaining in moderate doses.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:43 am

i absolutely hate martin lawrence in everything hes ever been in... and ive seen black knight :cry: :cry:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General