The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby anarchoid on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:59 am

Deadwood s1ep1-5 (and i slept only 2hour again;)
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:03 pm

watched the andromeda strain</i> the other night. honestly, I don't get what all the praise is about. it wasn't bad</i>. but there's nothing great about it either. the book was better.
:?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:32 pm

dinky wrote:watched the andromeda strain</i> the other night. honestly, I don't get what all the praise is about. it wasn't bad</i>. but there's nothing great about it either. the book was better.
:?

/me slows a slipper at dinky

What would you know, you've never even played RE! How are people supposed to trust you? :lol:

I like it, its not revolutionary cinema but its very well made, enjoyable and a very down to earth scifi. Its no soylent green style future, buts its a great film nether the less.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:43 pm

i have to agree with spud there, the andromeda strain is a well written enjoyable film

hmm downloaded boy eats girl so might watch that at some point
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:01 pm

read the book. it's better. much more intense. the movie starts off great, but once they get into the "foxfire" complex (forget the code name), it loses much of its lustre. it's not fundamentally different from the book, but the book's definitely more gripping. the big climax (if there is one) in the movie is kinda blah. most of the movie is cleaning everyone off and learning the "rules" of the complex.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:12 pm

watched Zathura - A Space Adventure, it was jumanji in space, most of the plot points were obvious like
Spoiler:
how the astronaut is a grown up walter
and such like, and the only noticeable actor was tim robbins who was only in it for all of 10 minutes. Also is it just me or does the younger kid in it really look like the kid who played Fudge, from the series in the early 90s based on the fudge books "Fudge, Super Fudge, etc"? i remember we had to read those at junior school, they weren't that bad either concidering neither was the series
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby anarchoid on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:44 am

The sheild s1ep1-s4ep8 i`m almost dead i saw continous ;) I have to go work but feel like a zombie ;)
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:25 pm

latest sopranos</i> (finally getting interesting).

couple eps from entourage</i> s1. could watch that series 24/7. it's just too cool 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:11 pm

finally got round to watching the brothers grimm. I enjoyed it, i mean it looked good and its better than the past umpteen hollywood movies i've seen... but i dunno, i understand the criticisms of that movie, its just not gilliam.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:17 am

the upside of anger</i>. it was interesting. particularly interesting in relation to my studies at uni. maybe a bit too preachy at points, but it's on the right track, I think. anyway, an interesting idea on the philosophy of emotions gets "performed"
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:14 pm

latest ep of 24</i> and a random ep of entourage</i> s1.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:16 pm

latest ep of family guy and american dad (actually its a couple days now but dont think i mentioned it)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:34 pm

There#s new american dad? beyond the new simpsons (was the ricky gervais one btw), family guy, lost, south park, etc. I managed to squeesh in a couple of films.

First was Mad Max 2 just for kicks... i guess mad mel picked up christian morals after he had the money to do so, In terms of first time viewing I also started to watch a series i'm grabbing for a mate called charlie jade. So far so good, pretty original, nice bit of visuals and story. Definitely sticking with it.

Watched Jumanji 2 too, the zathras (:wacky:) thing. Actually it was way better than i was expecting. I was execting a real piece of crap but its watchable, sure the first jumanji is pretty much identical, its just this time its better because... well there's robots and stuff :wacky:

I finally got round to watching a cool scifi low budget movie call Hellevator. I bought it on dvd in a mad blind-"sounds good from the video cover" session i have with low budget\rare\non-hollywood movies. Paid off methinks, i rather enjoyed it. Nice scifi vision, kept me entertained no problems.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:52 pm

LOLhellevator sounds like something i would buy, no theres no new american dad, my mistake its because the joe voice has a cahracter in latest family guy
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:06 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:LOLhellevator sounds like something i would buy
:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:39 pm

he will of course rip it :D
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:39 pm

just saw inside man</i>. didn't realize it was a spike lee joint. liked it. I'm bias. think denzel makes every movie better. but no, it was good. traditional and "righteous rogue" sorta stuff. so very stock. but solid. some funny stuff too (purposely - I think).

edit: it wasn't the clooney ocean's 11 (all style), but it is similar in many (emplotment) ways also.
Last edited by dinky on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 pm

denzel as in washington? i dont like that guy as an actor, or maybe just most films hes ever been in just dont appeal to me i dont know
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Black on Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:01 am

The last film I bothered to see at the cinema was Walk The Line, which is fantastic, though of course not to everyone taste. Having read some some pretty scathing reviews about how the film only portrays the worst excesses of JC's life, I think those people missed the point; since extreme events tend too inform our lives more strongly than the day to day grind. So if you're into this sort of stuff, it is well worth a watch.
[]
Black
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:30 am

you know black you sound just like a mate of mine, he too loves johnny cash (dont worry im not gonna burst into a rendition of american bad ass by kid rock :lol:) and he also loved walk the line

watched cheaper by the dozen 2 tonight.... really dont know why, the first one was rubbish and all steve martin films in recent years have been dreadfully unfunny, even all the other (can i use the word big to describe them?) stars ok wellknown stars were barely in it at all, presumably though tom welling was busy with smallville and hilary duff was busy erm... what does she do? i know its not singing as shes tone deaf, i know its not acting as she cant act her way out of a wet paper bag, ok so we can get back to her later, even carmen electra was obviously only there as eye candy, and eugene levy just annoys me with his one facial expression

im off to bed its given me a headache
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General