The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:37 am

oh yeah. heh. :oops:

watched man of the house</i>. nice looking women but boring movie.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:45 am

watched the cutter, starring chuck norris, it was nothing special, infact it was pretty boring
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:16 am

watched timecop 2 - the berlin decision... it was reasonable (despite the usual errors that always come up in time travel things) until they got near the end, when the typical politics was brought into it where one character says "are you saying if you had the chance you wouldnt try and stop the guys flying the planes into the buildings" sorry but that kind of political bullshit has no place in movies, especially time travel ones that are obviously just a bit of fun and not based in reality at all, theres just no need for it, and as usual there was the traditional "oooh should we kill hitler or not" i mean christ its like there were no other meglomaniacal dictators before him or after him, im not saying im a nazi before you start but geez, if they have to go and stick something like that into a movie they could at least use more originality and use some other dictator who hasnt been done to death in movies
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:28 am

Domino (2005). keira goes topless for a quick flash. I've decided that tony scott should not be allowed to direct anymore movies...ever. I realize there are more pressing matters of this sort for people on this board like uwe boll and p. t. & barnam...er...anderson. and hey, I actually like a lot of scott's movies. but he seems to want to do nothing more than direct 2-hour mtv videos. I tolerated</i> it in Man on Fire</i>. I barely</i> tolerated it in Domino</i>, and that was exclusively to look at keira in her skivies half the time.

if you're interested in the movie, it's silly and lacks novelty for you brits cuz keira's accent isn't...well...novel to you. could have been good. the setup was there. but the story was just too stupid. 2-parts man on fire, 1-part ocean's 11 (remake), 0-parts well constructed or executed. as annoying as the editing is, the script was pretty pathetic too (although the setup, as stated, has potential - more's the pity).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:23 pm

BSG finale (either of s2 or s3...depending on your region, I guess) :roll:
I was bummed by it. I doubt the next season is going to take us back blow-by-blow to what happened in the last 15-30 minutes of the ep. and that's displeasing. the state of the military in that same scenario is just out-and-out implausible...especially given the short amount of time for it to happen in AND the events with which the series began (hello! surprise cylon invasion!). so my suspension of disbelief was pretty much shattered there. I liked baltar's spin at the darth vader routine (hayden christiansen, take note!), but that's exactly the final scene before the wackiness ensues that I really have a difficult time swallowing. dancing around giving any spoilers here...so that's as far as I'll go. disappointing and worried about the quality of next season. salvagable. I just hope they have a damn good plan cuz this doesn't look very promising on the emplotment front.

also watched the last hour or so of a lot like love</i>, where ashton kutcher actually cleans up pretty nice. how old is amanda peet, anyway? good enough for me to flip to and decide to watch.

Crash</i>, the 2005 best picture oscar winner. it was pretty good. I was really really glad that I didn't feel the way a lot of people expressed themselves after seeing the movie: "you'll look at racial issues in a whole new way." cuz I really really really hate being preached to...and knowing it. if I don't know it, then it's good. that's called art. when I do know it, it's called Troy</i>, and it's really fracking lame.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:35 pm

Wow did the BSG finalé suck badly, that was a dreadful last episode of the season, i thought the idea was to grip the audience to get them to watch... not show the worst possible mistakes bundled up in a horrible episode and put people off rewatching.

I hated it, the whole 1 year later thing was a terrible idea.

Maybe its because i was just watching farscape immediately before and that's how a series finale should be, but i loathed that episode.

and what's with that f*cking mustache? He looks like a reject from Guess Who?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:00 pm

I thought starbuck looked worse (clan of the cave bear, anyone?). glad I'm not the only one bummed by the last 20 mins. if they just ended it at the explosion, I would have been happy. not my fav...but content.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:11 am

lets put it this way, if it was Dallas, this would be the perfect time for them to open the shower door and find it was all just a dream :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:42 pm

:lol:

I was actually waiting for baltar to wake-up and discover that it WAS a dream and the election went to roslin.

watched s6 premiere of sopranos.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:53 pm

"Does he have a mustache?"
"Yes"
"Its ADAMA"

"Does she have long hair and look like a tramp?"
"Yes"
"It's STARBUCK"

"Did it look like an epic invasion but there's actually four people stood in strategic positions to make a crowd?"
"Yes"
"Is it Rome?"
"No"
"It's a cheap as budget CYLON INVASION"

damn, the new sopranos has started? cool :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Blade Runner on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:55 pm

BSG, its not a dream
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:12 pm

what'd you think of it blade runner? must be all kinds of chatter on your site?

watched Minotaur (2005). let's just say my lack of faith in sci-fi channel movies is verified yet again. interestingly enough, there was a Lion's Gate Films title in the beginning. according to imdb, coutries of origin: UK / Germany / Luxembourg / France / Spain. couldn't find any info on dir. or his production company.

quote on the movie from showbizdata.com:
Project was one of more than 30 upcoming films that collapsed in a single day when the U.K. government slammed shut a tax loophole in the Spring of 2005.

of course, the same site also says it's about theseus but the guy's name is theo in the thing I watched. so maybe it was once going to be a "real" movie and because of the above event, turned into the sci-fi channel fodder I watched last night?
:lol:

whatever. avoid.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:49 pm

it cant be worse then the absymal "painkiller jane" surely?

i hope minotaur isnt as bad as u say as rutger hauers an underrated actor, but then again every actor appears in one or 2 bad movies

well finally finished watching the flash series, the pilto was really utterly complete homo bollocks, but the episode after that werent that bad really, and the english chick kinda grows on ya with those big doughy eyes :lol:

well now to choose what to watch next, macgyver season 2-4 or the outer limits 90s season 1, prolly go for outer limits because macgyver season 5 is out today and season 6 in june/july so by the time ive watched season 2-4 season 5 will be downloaded and maybe even season 6 then i wil have a macgyver summer
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:46 pm

1) hauer has made quite a few shit movies. careful with relying on him.
2) he's hardly in it.
3) I didn't like Dungeous & Dragons 2: Wrath of the Dragon God at all. it was well better than Minotaur.

I suppose 1 & 3 are pretty subjective, but 2 is uncontestable. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:07 pm

3??? i didnt even know there was a 2, only d&d movie i knew of was that failure with jeremy irons in
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:43 pm

the sequel went straight to sci-fi channel. aka: dumping ground for shit that no movie house will screen.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:44 pm

ah i see, that still doesnt explain painkiller jane, i watched and and wanted a bullet putting through my head for it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:51 am

so is it more or less painful than listening to your girlfriend? :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:34 am

failure to launch</i> ok, I guess. I knew what I was getting into so it's hard to complain. pretty much the same thing as how to lose a guy in 10 days</i>. slightly funnier and slightly less serious. sarah jessica parker is not very attractive, imo either.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:39 am

sarah jessica parker has all the attraction as herpes
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General