The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:41 pm

u could jsut say "you know what, keep your friggin present, i dont want it" as for dawsons dad i can only presume your referring to dawsons creek which i have never and will never watch
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:36 pm

you watched the flash though, right? that was equally gay. :P
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:57 pm

but at least the flash isnt openly gay, whereas brokeback (or as i called it at work once by mistake bareback) mountain is

still saying that most tv show pilots are lame while the show works out where its going so i will give it a couple more episodes to redeem itself i suppose
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:24 pm

eh? it's flash verses dawson's, you fool. keep your rants straight.

anywho...not to totally spoil it for you or anything, but my MOM watched The Flash series.

:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:16 pm

lol thats what i get for chatting on msn while typing on here
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:13 pm

having gay content is not brokeback's problem in any way... being a boring soppy love story with lots of crying, wineing, huggn and deep and meaningful conversations in it is what makes that movie sux.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:15 pm

jynks love gay films ner na ner ner ner ner :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:18 am

:rofl:

you had to see THAT coming. :lol:

naw. I think I agree with jynks. love stories aren't exactly my cup of tea anyway. and on top of that, it's about "modern cowboys." now I don't really like any</i> cowboy material as a general rule, but at least when they're on horseback in the "wild west," it can be cool - albeit highly stylized. but "cowboys" who drive trucks sounds more like "country hicks" to me. I also dislike country music.
:P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:20 am

modern cowboys? i thought they went by the collective name of rednecks these days and inbred theyre familys with the pigs out in momma's birthin' truck....erm Y'all
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:23 pm

just watched the last 3 latest tmnt2k3 eps, i love that its ace
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:00 am

pink panther</i>. I did laugh a bit. but it's really very not good. I mean, given that every 30 seconds is a new joke, the successful ones were maybe like 1/20-30.

now imma be very brave: gonna give dukes of hazard a shot. I know I'm inviting mental anguish since it seems right up max's alley and even he hated it, but then...I did like supertroopers.
:wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:03 am

supertroopers who also did club dread? it was average, ive seen a lot better and a lot worse, but dukes of hazzard... wheres the vomit guts, blood, stomach bile & actual organs up icon?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:20 pm

omg, i just realised what you were talking about the pink panther... they've remade it! that's sooooooooooo lame. What a bring idea, remake a sellars movie... who owns the rights to dr strangelove? :wacky:

If i was a billionaire i'd just buy movie rights so people couldn't make films of them :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:22 pm

if i was a millionaire id just have Dr Boll kidnapped and taken to a secret lab to run very crucial tests on to discover jsut what actually is in his head where his brain should be, oh then id hire girls aloud for my birthday orgy :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:22 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:If i was a billionaire i'd just buy movie rights so people couldn't make films of them :lol:

:lol:

watched the 40-year-old virgin</i> instead. it was decent. could have been better.

/begin rant

honestly, I really miss underclassmen</i>, which it reminded me of (with a dvd ad and some of the same actors). it was the tv series jude aptaw (writer/producer of virgin</i>) did right after freaks and geeks</i> got cancelled & brought over one of the principle actors). another casualty of FOX. on the one hand, FOX brings all these great shows to broadcast tv. then they end-up axing them cuz they don't rate high enough. if they had a shot at really high ratings, 1) they would've been picked-up by a bigger network, and 2) they wouldn't be nearly as good cuz every aspect would be watered down that much more to be accessible to a wider fecking audience. argh!

/end rant
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:49 pm

i work with the 40 year old virgin (although hes really only 37) and we always crack jokes about it :lol:

didnt watch anything last night, finally got round to installing blade runner - the game, gotta say im rather enjoying it, it has multiple paths but it still feels like its a bit linear as everything you can pick up has a green arrow, but if you do things different (like killing a witness instead of just subdueing, and things at different times etc) you allegedly get different paths towards multiple endings

its one of those games that would maybe benefit from having improved graphics to draw u in even more, aslong as they didnt feck up the story
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:07 pm

improved graphics

heh... I remeber when that was state of the art gfx :)
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 pm

yes i remember when it was all over review shows, and they all praised it, except for that faggy little know it all nerd they had reviewing games on live & kicking or whatever it was who said it was utter crap, what a twat lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:24 pm

brokeback mountain</i>. it was good. seriously flawed. it wasn't all huggy kissy mush stuff...closer to an independent film in that respect, but only superficially. my sister couldn't stop talking about how great/sad it was. it got really grating. anyway, most of the interesting threads to the movie were glossed or left completely unexplored. all that mattered was the "secret relationship," and it was only heath ledger's character that really mattered. all other characters in the movie are cardboard stereotypes. and even his relationship to jake's character is sort of glossed. I was more interested in the conflict within him over his wife, daughters, girlfriend in relation to the gay stuff</i>...but it's all treated like a flimsy backdrop for the "star-crossed lovers" thing. iunno. way too hyped.

I don't understand michelle williams' award nominations at all. she acted as well in Dawson's Creek. (er...first 2 years. kinda gave up the ghost after that)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:29 am

dukes of hazzard</i>
honestly, if you went into the movie, I really can't generate any sympathy for your reaction to it (impersonal you). nah. I didn't think it was so far off from the original show to begin with. obviously not the same thing. but...how shall I put this...wtf do you expect from Dukes of Hazard? :lol:

and I do think it was the perfect role for jessica simpson.

constantine</i>
eh. I liked it. nothing special. liked it in the sense of underworld</i>. disposable. lacking the beautiful kate beckinsale, of course. but nontheless entertaining.

dungeons & dragons 2: wrath of the dragon god</i>
I...uh...still don't exactly know how this is related to the first movie, but I also mostly enjoyed the original as a guilty pleasure. this, however, was really really bad. not that I know anything about D&D mythology, but this was pretty fecking gay. I think the modern run of sci-fi channel movies (earth sea</i> comes to mind) are all better. that's not a compliment.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General