The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:22 am

jynks said "but that guy that played spike in buffy is ment to be Brainiac!!", and james marsters played a follower of captain zod, we are talking about the same characters? i know the latest ep is called cyborg but i havent seen it yet only just completed, so i dont know if your calling that cyborg brainiac
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Jynks on Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:22 am

i know the latest ep is called cyborg but i havent seen it yet only just completed, so i dont know if your calling that cyborg brainiac

No, that is about something else.

It is very clear that the spike guy is ment to be a robot but as far as I could tell Brainiac, as as far as I know, has nothing to do with krypton and the followers of Zod. He started out as some wierd alien with a space monkey shrinking citys and then that was all forgotten and he became either Virl Dox or a creation of his or his son or some shit like that. A bit fussy.... so that is wat threw me about him being brainiac on the smallville show.

I'm not 100% on his origin but I do know that Brainiac 13 was in some wicked comics batteling superman....
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:10 am

ah at least its all cleared up then hehe
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:50 pm

just watched latest smallville something tells me that
Spoiler:
wont be the last we see of victor
(the $6million man jokes were so bad though), we all knew lionel was up to something
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:55 pm

the show has been pretty clear that clark's mom is the one that got away for lionel (ala lana for lex). I would be good with that being his only motive and then lex turning into what his father was (we're pretty much there now but...), going the whole 9 and killing daddy-o.

incidentally, this was one of the little intrigues that I thought the late 90s superman cartoon pulled off very well. lex, who still harbors a sweet spot for lana (now a bigtime fashion designer) and is constantly battling superman, brings lana to metropolis for some convention or something. superman saves her and she's like "thanks clark." the typical "wha? how'd you know? blah blah blah" follows, and lana says something like "oh come on. you were always there. blah blah blah." (she's not quite so retarded as her incarnation on smallville? more empowered anyway) meanwhile, clark/supes is now all about lois, of course. iirc, it was only one 30min ep. so no epic arc or anything. just handled well.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:20 pm

just watched the season 1 finale of Total Recall 2070, while as a whole the series was great and the finale was pretty exciting, it answered some questions only to make a lot more that will forever remain unanswered due to the fact it only lasted 1 season :( , all the good shows get cancelled early, which i throughly blame on network execs being fucking idiots who bum shit like friends too much
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:40 pm

I don't remember TR 2070 even being on network tv. sure it wasn't cable?

<I>bsg</i>. enjoyed it. solid ep. a little annoyed about apollo's situation (even if I kinda like the move). anyway...no spoilers.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:50 pm

dont know dinky, it was only ever shown on sky one over here
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:12 pm

finale was utterly shite for TR, its one of the cheesiest most pathetic ending I've ever seen to any tv series in the history of tv. It makes Dr Who look like a masterpiece of storytelling.

I really enjoyed BSG last episode, i think it was a tad of an understatment saying its merely a solid episode personally.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:02 am

yeah...well...I can only take so much social commentary, albeit tasteful and well woven. s'funny that I mention that about THIS ep, since it had more action than previous eps. I guess I'm just not enthused about apollo's new post. it makes perfect sense, and I like it - but I hate it. it's not apollo</i>, if ya know what I mean?

and on that note...picked-up new discs of XXX, The Big Chill, and Wolf for $5 a piece. that's right, vin diesel. $5.
:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:09 am

man you were ripped off, they shouldve given u vin diesel for free, so you could reply with FUCK OFF VIN DICKHEAD
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:09 pm

there's also asia argento. ;)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:24 pm

dinky wrote:there's also asia argento. ;)

while this is true, thankfully due to the internet you can just get pictures or videos (land of the dead being a good place to start) of her enabling you to cut out the middle man (or in the case of vin diesel as close to man as you can actually get without evolving to the next level)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Max have you been watching the It Crowd at all? I quite like it... its not hysterical and the computing refrences are a real missed opportunity (not really as accurate for my tastes), but its been quite funny.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:41 pm

oh has it started? no i havent, i saw on an upcoming for the new season thing in the tv book a while ago but didnt realise it had started, i will have to grab teh eps from somewhere, and give them a watch

altho i did get the rainbow 30th anniversary dvd the other day :lol: , complete with teh pilot episode, where it looks even cheaper then before
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:48 am

just watched the pilot to "The Flash" i am now dead inside, what a complete load of utter shitty bollocks it was, looked like it couldnt decide if it wanted to be set in the 20s or the early 90s, the characters are the worst actors ive ever seen, the flash is just the worlds worst superhero (excluding aquaman whose just a real lamer) it looks like its been filmed on the worst quality film ever, probably filmed on cardboard, and everything about it is just shit, i now hate the flash and never want to see or hear anything to do with him ever again
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:27 am

that show was famous for costing a million bucks an ep... at the time the most expensive tv show of all time.... lol pity it suxed so bad
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:36 am

HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAH really? oh christ, what a waste, they may aswell have just given the money to a bum so he could go get wasted for a year
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:08 am

you're talking about the series with dawson's dad, right?

just finished happy endings (2005). wow. Maggie Gyllenhaal is great. and apparently, she can sing to. full nude in secretary, btw (as if ya'll didn't know). something about her eyes...reminds me of the stuff they do with vampires (kate beckinsale) in underworld. movie was alright. it doesn't really stick with anything long enough to really</i> care.

sister is going to "treat" me to a movie for b-day tomorrow. so I said Pink Panther. she's like 'no. I don't like that at all. let's see something else.' I just stare across the table. it's late fucking february. there are no good movies out. 'I want to see something good,' she says. I can see where this is going...'this is a lean time for hollywood,' I say. then...wait...here it comes...'how about brokeback mountain?' 'that's supposed to be good,' brother-in-law chimes in.
:o
htf is this my</i> present? :?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:32 am

wtf??? Nice birthday movie Dink.... trust a sister to try and sneak a chick flick in on ya...
Jynks
Modding the Machine

PreviousNext

Return to General