The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:57 am

wicker park</i>. it wasn't bad. it wasn't good. in fact, I was pretty indifferent. it didn't help that it played like a mystery that did its best to reveal the mystery in a steady stream of matter-of-fact sequences. meh.

anyway...iunno what's next. maybe happy endings or constant gardener
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:49 am

still watching my way through total recall 2070, almost at the end, theres a really good 3-4 episode story, and started watching married with children season 1, i love that show, its a show we in the uK are getting jipped over, america is on season 4 dvd set already, UK hasnt even got season 1, hell you can even get season 1-4 boxsets in the rest of europe, fucking money hungry twat american bastards
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:00 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:...its a show we in the uK are getting jipped over, america is on season 4 ...

:rofl:

I thought you were gonna bitch and moan because we were on season 4 and you were on season 1 as an ongoing tv show, and now I can't get that happy-cum-ridicule feeling outta my head even though it's not what you said.

:P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:01 am

hey...where's ma rofl emoticon at? :evil:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:02 am

i ate it in a bitchfest hate crime against you :twisted:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:21 am

bitch!

watched the last half or so of The Return of the Musketeers (1989). wow. terrible. kim catrell was a total hottie though.
:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:33 pm

cable modem finally gave up the ghost, so I was without net access last day or so. had the chance last night to watch some dvds.

constant gardener</i> was good. not what I thought it was about (nor as interesting). in fact, it wasn't very original at all. still, the only thing that I genuinely dislked about it was the phrenetic mtv-style editing. I liked it in the denzel man on fire</i>, but it was also slower in that form. this one was more like guy richie hopped-up on speed. did nothing for me. and that kind of editing does seem to be turning into an epidemic or sorts. I know someone's bitched about it somewhere before. anyway...movie itself was good if derivative.

ah yes, wedding crashers</i>. I enjoyed it. really not a lot to say about it.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:45 am

just watched Millennium (1989) it wasnt as good as i was expecting, really slow moving and pretty boring, it peaked for a little bit with about 20mins left but copped out at the end, so really not worth bothering with unless your toked and looking for something to pass out to

on another note did anyone else hear that the author of "jaws" (peter benchley) died recently?, id say its worth a mention in the "news" section of the frontpage top banner
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:23 am

it was. but I ate it. mistook it for a surfer on the web. ya'll look pretty similar from 30-odd feet below the surface.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:30 am

Well I have been watching smallville recently. I only started at season 1 about a week ago and had nvr watched it before. After Superman 3+ as well as Lois and Clark I was a bit scared off from watching a new superman thing. Anyway I tried it and have really been enjoying it. The first Season was pretty bad. More like home and away or some other crap teen soap opera. I skipped season 3 and 4 and went to 5 after season to to see if it got any better. I must say I am hooked now....

I think the show is very very cool. Once it started to kick off with "Superman comic" style stories the show hasn't looked back. It is still held back a bit by the original premise, I would like to see even more comic booky stuff.... here is hoping..

I spesh liked the eps with other hero's in it... The Flash and Aquaman have appeared so far.... with any luck Wonder Woman might show up :) Also be good to see a evil super villian.... After all Lex is just crap... he fully needs to kick in to phyco overdrive.. I mean they had him in the race for the senate.. he should have won.

Do you think that show is to far gone to get posted on this forum?

I walked out of constant gardener in the cinima.. I just can't stand that washer machien style camera work... Just not my sort of flick at all. Same with Bourn Supremicy 2... wat a ruination of a decent spy flick.. if only it was shot properly :(

I just saw that steve spielberg filck... about the Munic games... I really really liked it.... top flick!!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:23 pm

actually if u hadnt skipped past smallville season (4 i think) then you wouldve seen lex
Spoiler:
did go super psycho and ended up locked in belle reeve hospital for the criminally insane (and anyone who clarks ever fought with or without superpowers) but he got a labotomy which fried his brain so he didnt remember anything that turned him superwhacko
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:00 pm

ooh! thanks for the reminder. watched latest smallville.

I thought s1 was more comic booky tbh. seasons 1 & 2, really. I think the term was "meteor freak of the weak" episodes? something like that. same as buffy. but honestly, a lot more exciting than the full-on soap stuff. the flash was kinda lame and aquaman seemed a bit "pasted-in" too. they're not going to do any major crossovers, however, cuz of licensing issues and trying to maintain the integrity/possibility of other franchises.
:2cents:

although I enjoyed the constant tensions of not being able to tell anyone who he was. but after a couple seasons of that, there's really no place to go with it.

speaking of s5, wonder how long it'll take to kill of lionel now? I much prefered the kind of character that they "created" in this most recent ep than the phony aquaman/flash eps (felt like the acuvue contact lense ad placements), and the ridiculously overdone chick from a few eps ago.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:14 pm

and the ridiculously overdone chick from a few eps ago.

you mean that stupid vigilante girl who goes around killing gangs? i thought she sucked hugely, and the aquaman episode was just pure brie

i especially thought the little jla/jlu whatever it is joke was especially lame, the flash obviously made such an impact i dont even remember it other then a vague sense of something (anyway seriously what comic book franchise have any integrity to actually uphold???)

is it just me or does anyone else think its just really creepy the way lionels trying to get into marthas knickers :wacky:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:53 pm

nah. they're suddenly playing it up bigtime, but the seed for that was planted early and sporadically revisited.

yeah, I was talking about the vigilante girl. she was worse than the aquaman & flash cameos. but the idea itself was a lot better (as executed with the bionic boy - whose metal parts look a lot like the big black guy in the teen titans tv show; never actually watched it, so dunno his name). the flash ep really wasn't bad except for some of those retarded jla jokes, the fact that flash was actually</i> faster than clark and that he was this impossibly whiny little shit. ok. I meant his function in the story and the fact that clark runs into him wasn't in itself lame.

I kinda thought everything about aquaman was silly. isn't he from atlantis? or am I confusing him with the marvel guy? anyway...his backstory was too silly - I'm a marine biology student and ecology activist. I go all over the globe using my super powers to blah blah blah.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:09 pm

dinky wrote:nah. they're suddenly playing it up bigtime, but the seed for that was planted early and sporadically revisited.

yeah, I was talking about the vigilante girl. she was worse than the aquaman & flash cameos. but the idea itself was a lot better (as executed with the bionic boy - whose metal parts look a lot like the big black guy in the teen titans tv show; never actually watched it, so dunno his name). the flash ep really wasn't bad except for some of those retarded jla jokes, the fact that flash was actually</i> faster than clark and that he was this impossibly whiny little shit. ok. I meant his function in the story and the fact that clark runs into him wasn't in itself lame.

I kinda thought everything about aquaman was silly. isn't he from atlantis? or am I confusing him with the marvel guy? anyway...his backstory was too silly - I'm a marine biology student and ecology activist. I go all over the globe using my super powers to blah blah blah.

using my super powers to destroy chippies all over the world while ocassionally fighting his arch nemesis Captain Birdseye

the line in that episode that aquaman said "hey clark you know with you on the turf and me in the surf we could make a great team" erm yeah ok so lets go fight some baddies in the middle of the country away from any form of water other then tapwater, ha look whose fucked now aquagay

and with lionel/martha thing seriously is lionel just trying the upset deppresson sex angle? after all her husbands jsut died and he basically walks through the door and says "alrite martha hows about some? not yet? ok ill come back tomorrow" lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:38 pm

retarded jla jokes

Heh.. They did JLA jokes in the Aquaman eps as well. And the "molicule vibrating, running though walls, turning into a bolt of time traveling lightning" version of flash was way faster than superman.

isn't he from atlantis?

Yea. He is from atlantis. I remeber talk of a film about him. Personaly I have nvr really read any of his comics... they just sound silly to me. Though as a 50's comic of whatever it was it had a pretty mondern take.. a super hero that protect the planet... not people.. the enviromental edge might make it accessable to modern audiences... .. .

Remeber a few posts ago I was asking for a super villian.. Well I was reading a press release and I know I should have thought of it earlier but that guy that played spike in buffy is ment to be Brainiac!! Wicked...

I am going to go back and get season 3 and 4... so I'll catch up.
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:42 pm

Well I was reading a press release and I know I should have thought of it earlier but that guy that played spike in buffy is ment to be Brainiac!! Wicked...

god damn how i want to say things but they would ruin ti so i wont god its like being at work where no1s seens as far as me coz i dl them and i wanna tell them stuff about it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:45 pm

Do not worry.... aparently nothing is given away.. he is never called that and ther is no illusions to his past.... just a titbit for fans of the comic... I do not think it would spoil anything...... unless you didn't already figure out he was less that a good guy
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:50 pm

lol no i mean the fact that hes never even referred to as brainiac in the show, but as i have no idea who brainac is (i dont really follow comics much unless they contain zombies) but it is obvious hes bad even tho he pretends to befriend clark
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:17 am

are you sure he isn't referred to as braniac at all? cuz the fact that he's a robot is definitely made clear on the show.

honestly, I think the best adaptations of these things (particularly batman and superman) are the fox/wb cartoons from the mid-late 90s by bruce tim and paul dini. batman superman adventures.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General