The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:39 pm

you no like tha broooodie-man? heathen!
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:42 pm

dinky wrote:you no like tha broooodie-man? heathen!

my god what a great observation, give that man a medal.... made of KRYPTONITE HA.... erm why aren't you dying... goddamnit
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:26 pm

whats wrong with the guy who plays earl? He's good as earl actually. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:29 pm

did you not watch dreamcatcher? or those annoying gay and silent hom films with him in?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:45 am

As far as i can remember dreamcatcher sucked, he didn't though really (its the morgan freeman movie aint it?). and what's wrong with Kevin Smith movies, or him in them for that matter? He's not exactly keanu reaves and actually does his job. Or are you saying that if a film sucks everyone in them sucks?

just interested, because i really don't get the reaction (unless he raped you as a child or something associative :lol: ).

I mean watching "my name is earl", the show revolves around him and it works.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:56 am

plus, he's tha Brodie-man! (and Banky) :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:34 am

well yes dreamcatcher sucked beyond comprehension (and yes its that "yet another pile of stephen king arsecrap" which also stars morgan freeman) but i also hated him in mallrats, and chasing amy and that other one whats it called, the crapper one......

theres just something about his entire face and voice and general just being there that i find offensive to the human race, its one of those things you cant name but despise all the same, kind of like dr jackson in sg1, he hasnt done anything wrong to me persay but just looking at him or hearing him makes me want to cheerfully press the button that closes the stargate protector thing jsut as hes about to come through so he goes *SPLAT* into it.

im sure you have all felt like that about actors before
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:25 pm

im sure you have all felt like that about actors before

erm... no actually, you dink?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:41 am

nope. nobody.

maybe on tv fran drescher or janice from friends?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:42 am

yes see janice from friends is also one of them, no idea who fran drescher is tho altho the name rings a bell
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:49 am

yeah but there's a reason for it and that's her voice which cuts through you like a chainsaw, but she was obviously asked to do that in friends. She's not that annoying out of friends. I mean i hate the married with children woman in married with children, but the she's is okay as Leela in Futurama. Its mostly down to the shitty programme they are in :lol:

What you seem to be saying is you hate him for no reason, which makes no sense? There has to be a reason... I still reckon its the whole "he raped you as a child" reason. :lol:

Anyway, enough teasing of max's childhood traumas for no reason :lol:, I watched Ghostbusters 2. I like that movie but its really flawed in a lot of ways, not as good under repeat viewings, the story is a tad too corny and light on the comedy. I still love the subway "wiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnsssssssstttttooonnnn" scene :lol: . That said i'd love to see a third because its enjoyable despite being flawed.

/me puts on hollywood an-idea-a-minute-awesome-o hat
They could easily do one... they are all has-beens with no money, self-respect, anything... again, and then there's the opportunity for them to be followed by a documentary crew. Co-inciding with this event, escavation of the/a cathedral reveals some catacombs.. yadda... yadda... yadda... godzilla style scene (franchise must have). ghostbusters win the day.

:wacky: :googley:
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:56 am

no i just get irritated with some characters which translates into me hating anything the actor or actress ever does ever because they acted the annoying character so well it completely puts me off them, i believe it was his character in dreamcatcher that did it

incidently harold ramis is actually in talks with ben stiller over ghostbusters 3 where they all end up going to hell through a portal
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:58 am

I hope your joking, there's lots of reasons to hate Ben Stiller :lol:

It would be nice to see ghostbusers 3 though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:05 am

no im not joking, there have been rumours of ghostbusters 3 since the 2nd one, rmais and aykroyd have had a script ready for almost 2 decades but studios dont wanna make it, im guessing iwth the recent anniversary tho it may get made, as far as i know from various sites and fanchans im in the basic story has always been around this idea

the ghostbusters are now a franchise, there are only 3 original ghostbusters now (zedmore, stanz, spengler) after venkman was killed on a job, in the year (presumably changes depending what year it gets made) a well respected professor and friend of egon's tells him he has finally completed a device that can transport living people litterally to hell and back, then he mysteriously disappears so the 3 surviving (possibly with backup) ghostbusters use the machine to go to hell and rescue him (presumably a good excuse to get venkman back in a cameo aswell), whereby for the finale the ghostbusters face off against the devil himself

and what is really bizarre is while i was typing that "ray parker jr - dana's theme" from the gb1 soundtrack came on in winamp :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:34 pm

fran drescher was "the nanny," and basically the prototype upon which janice was based (voice wise, anyway).

watched 4 or 5 eps of ducktales. woo-ooo!
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:34 pm

duck tales rules

watched Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle (or Harold & Kumar Get The Munchies as its known here in the uk) it was ok i suppose, as i knew it was a modern teen stoner movie i pretty much didnt expect all that much thought provokation (is that even a word?) from it and needless to say it didnt offer any up either, might go watch Saw 2 or The Wedding Crashers now, possibly even Return of The Living Dead IV: Necropolis
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:25 pm

I enjoyed harold & kumar a lot. or, I should say, it was a pleasant surprise. I really expected a direct-to-video national lampoon show (i.e., dorm daze). it does, however, have all the ammunition of a fully loaded morality play. I mean, c'mmon: asian guy, indian guy...dealing with stereotypes throughout the movie even though they're smarter and speak more fluent english than any of their harassers. in fact, that's prolly why it was enjoyable for me. it was road trip (which I admit to not hating) with a purpose yet not taking that purpose beyond the capability of the dick & fart jokes that forward it. that is, it IS still about getting that craving-on. it doesn't mask the other stuff. but I didn't feel preached to either.

enjoyed the first two hours of 24</i>. next two are tonight. I think monday nights are its timeslot for the rest of the season?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:13 pm

lol amusingly i thought roadtrip was a bit of a one time only viewing yet ive seen eurotrip (which i know spud hates) about 12 times :lol:

incidently i decided to go for return of the living dead IV: Necropolis...... where to start where to start, ok they kung fu fought with zombies, the "zeke" zombie managed to hold a complete conversation despite being a zombie and infact had a fist fight with mr garrison... the 2 uber zombies were obvious ripoffs of nemesis from resident evil crossed with cenobites from hellraiser, the token "slut" was an exact lookalike for paris hilton, the token "mexican/hispanic" pulled his gun at the slightest thing, the bad mtv camerawork, mtv soundtrack, mtv actors, mtv toss wank bollocks, although in the films defence i was suprised by the unhappy ending it gave the main character, usually it wouldve given the happy ending for him
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:02 pm

to be fair eurotrip is wank :lol:

:mrgreen:

after venkman was killed on a job

Damn, Murray is the 'buster king... he's got to be in it!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:07 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:
after venkman was killed on a job

Damn, Murray is the 'buster king... he's got to be in it!

yes he is the best one but anyone knows he hates doing sequels, and he said in an interview once he "doesnt want to be involved in any ghostbusters where the torch gets passed to a younger team so that hundreds of dire sequels keep getting released every year" which is only fair i suppose because lets face it that is what would happen especially if new line ever got hold of it :o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General