The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby hagbard on Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:13 pm

Saw Crash yesterday (for the 2nd time actually), and it is indeed the best film I have seen in a very long time. :)
hagbard
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:14 pm

Jynks wrote:
id take charlies angels over stars wars episode 1 the pants menace anyday of the week

Come one!!! Max you gotta be over compensating.. Eveyone loved the origs (well most) and the new ones were such a disapointment compared to the glory of the orig eps that the backlash is so fearce!! Sure the new eps suxed but they still RULLED!!! Not that I am starved for swar content after 30 odd years but hey... You just gotta "imagin" around all the crap and soak in the true essence of Starwars!!! lol

no im afraid however much i enjoyed the origs the phantom menace really completely utterly destroyed any interest in the prequels that i had, so much so that i havent seen 2 or 3, but ok maybe i was being a ted over dramatic in comparison to ca and sw, ok id rather take charlies angels over starshite poopers 2 any day of the week month and year, my god that was so terrible
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:03 pm

well...it was no robocop 3. and I'm sure you've heard this before, max, but ep1 was far and away the worst of the prequels (nevermind the franchise). the movies get consecutively better. you could actually edit the theatrical material and make pretty decent popcorn movies out of them. ep1's problems run a lot deeper than just cutting out a SW version of tigger. anyway, you ought to at least watch ep2 so you can see the clone wars cartoons.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:50 am

dinky wrote:well...it was no robocop 3. and I'm sure you've heard this before, max, but ep1 was far and away the worst of the prequels (nevermind the franchise). the movies get consecutively better. you could actually edit the theatrical material and make pretty decent popcorn movies out of them. ep1's problems run a lot deeper than just cutting out a SW version of tigger. anyway, you ought to at least watch ep2 so you can see the clone wars cartoons.

yep i have heard it before.... as iv'e been saying it all along :lol:

anyway

just watched the transporter 2, loved the first one and the second one is pretty good too, storylines throwaway same as the first but its a bit of ott escapism
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:43 pm

just watched surviving christmas and a christmas story (one of the best christmas films ever and an annual tradition), surviving christmas was ok, it was dragged massively downhill due to ben asslick involvement, but the late inclusion of christina applegate to the lineup paid off (as shes a fox)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:05 pm

holy grail</i>
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:46 pm

watched christmas with the kranks aswell today, eeewwww tim allen and jamie lee curtis in speedos and a bikini eeeeewwwww
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:05 pm

just watched Santa's Slay, was really cool, evil santa offs people, some comedy small things others might not notice like the police receptionist was called Dick Zucker :lol: , id recommend it (the film that is not zucking dick)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:19 pm

Watched Bourne Supremacy.

Am i the only one who noticed that when they scanned in the finger print they didn't actually use the finger print scanning part of the PDA (ipaq 5450)? Instead of swiping it across the finger print scanner bit, they just put the fingerprint on the screen.

Oh I was? :wacky:

Well was i the only one who noticed that when matt damon was supposed to "vanish" in the last scene of the first movie, he's actually ducked behind the crappy car/float thing? You can see his feet :lol:

You can figure out why i noticed these things by drawing a graph of how badly the movies suck against time. :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:49 pm

while i partially enjoyed the bourne identity (mostly for the comical fact of imagining every line damon says as being "MATT DAMON" team america style), superemacy on the other hand didnt even have that
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:03 am

i dunno it wasn't bad or anything, i watched it and all... just the fact i noticed stuff like the incorrect use of a pda means it didn't fully capture my attention.

That scene at the end of bourne still cracks me up; next time its on, watch out for it... its where he 'dissappears' (behind a car :lol: ). Rik Mayall did it better at the beginning of bottom, at least you don't see him duck.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:55 am

never noticed it. liked the first one. did not like the second one.

watched elf</i> for the first time a couple days ago. think I forgot to mention. was surprisingly tolerable...possibly even ok.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:00 pm

never noticed it.

You will now ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:33 pm

watched pilot ep/tele-movie of the 4400</i>. s'ok, I guess. it's one of the 'new era' original series from sci-fi, which is an actual attempt at good tv (ala BSG et al.), so it's way better than their actual telemovies. just the same, I'd much rather see j. m. strazinsky's rising stars</i> given the BSG treatment rather than this watering down of the same basic plot (Rising Stars is an excellent limited run comic series that was published soon after babylon 5 came to an end - I think there are three vols.).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:38 pm

amusingly over here in england bsg was never shown on scifi always on sky one :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:13 pm

its because scifi US and scifi uk are different companies, and the funding for the series was provided by Sky One and Scifi US.

Its like Sky and Fox, its the same guy who owns them both, but they are seperate companies and have to buy the shows off of each other.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:18 am

ah i see, so they're just linked by name only really?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:13 am

that and the fact that a studio (such as fox) will develop a series, make it and sell it to NBC or FOX or CBs, etc. the WB is a shit channel in the states, but Warner Brothers studios makes a shitload of popular shows that air on all the stations (Friends comes to mind). cable networks are usually less complicated (many, however, are owned by the same companies who control the major broadcast networks). anyway, a pretty simple example of what spud is talking about occurs with hbo & bbc for the Rome series. of course, didn't someone say bbc own a heafty share of hbo anyway? movie/tv is pretty incestuous like that.
:lol:

finished 4400 s1. pretty decent. a little too much is revealed in season finale. still think a Rising Stars series would have been better, especially given the "explanation" in the s1 finale.

caught the last half of shaun of the dead light night. great movie. even in FS. :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby anarchoid on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:34 am

I Saw last time,

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_F ... e_Wind.php

and the Lost Continent, and the first part of the "triangle" miniseries (nonstop, today;)
"- morning starbuck, whatdya hear?
- nothin' but the rain.
- Grab your gun and bring the cat in."
anarchoid
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:30 am

i watched Sinderella Comes Again (an adult play starring jim davidson, and for those who dont know him when i say adult i dont mean intelectual i mean rude with lots of swearing :lol: ) it was ok

then latest tmnt ep and another episode of the new statesman, up to 3x02 now
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General