The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:10 am

Got some badass dvds yesterday to watch

predator 2 2disc spec ed
michael jacksons moonwalker
the invisible man 2000 season 1
hot shots 1
3 men and a little lady
nightmare before christmas spec ed

dno which to watch tonight though

reckon it might be hot shots
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:17 pm

Got some bad<s>ass</s> dvds yesterday to watch

Michael JAckon's Moonwalker? 3 men and a little lady? Invisible man? :lol:

:mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:49 am

finished the 2nd disc of 24</i> s3. I think that's through ep8.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:25 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:
Got some bad<s>ass</s> dvds yesterday to watch

Michael JAckon's Moonwalker? 3 men and a little lady? Invisible man? :lol:

:mrgreen:

really laughing that much during MJ that you made 2 mistakes

i still say the problem with 3 men etc is... i cant imagine any woman anywhere would ever sleep with steve guttenberg or ted danson :lol: , but i know women who think tom sellecks hot so i guess they would all sleep with him so in theory the father of the kid must be him, but what does it say about the woman? she slept with all 3 flatmates but cant remember which one got her pregnant WHORE :lol: , anyway gotta keep a small stock of dvds in for when ladies come round for a romantic night in :twisted:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:52 pm

heh. that is a pretty short time to have three "serious" partners. :lol:

2 more eps of 24</i> s3.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:04 pm

it is rather, maybe she originated from essex or scunthorpe aka new essex, this next statement from my works christmas party on friday night pretty much sums up scunthorpe women

one of the lasses whose the gf of one of my mates who had been away for a week down near london came back for the party and his gf spent all night pretty much ignoring him and making out with other guys, another girl was sick in the toilet, and one was sick on the floor, so the girl who was sick in the toilet was accused of the floor one and had her head pushed into the toilet by an older woman and had her hair pulled who had to clean it up, another lass was going round groping any male groin she could lay her hands on and slamming her tits in guys faces (including mine tho theyre big so no complaints there), another got so drunk she fell over and couldnt get back up for 15 minutes, and to top it off the entire staff where i work have been banned from every pub club and bar for a party in town except where we were this year, although i highly suspect we will be banned from there now too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:11 pm

where do you work, and how difficult do you think it would be to get uk citizenship?

wait...are these fugly chicks? :roll:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:44 pm

lol no theyre mostly (with the ocassional exception) pretty attractive actually, id do a lot of them lol, infact have done a few of them
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:36 pm

i watched the dollars trilogy, those movies rule. Was gonna watch the warriors but i was too tired... especially for 70s dress sense.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:54 pm

ffs, spud! priorities! continue, max... :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:55 pm

hehe dinky knows where its at, lol they're all so younger then me (though still legal) and the way they dress is enough to make me feel like a dirty old man :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:44 pm

finished disc 3 of 24</i> s3.

trying to watch puddle cruiser</i> but don't wanna interrupt 24.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:14 pm

this ones aimed at the dinkster.... Lexmas, is it just me or was that serious ripping off The Family Man (2000) with nic cage in?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:08 am

iunno. I thought the nic cage thing looked way too christmas carol-ish to ever watch. which is what they were going for but with the "twist" that it's lex so the lesson he learns is...blah. also chincy christmas carol-ish shit. the only holiday ep that ever made sense to me was the first buffy halloween. and that's cuz the whole premise of the fecking show is halloween. I hate these asinine holiday specials. I mean...they could incorporate christmas into it without actually making it into a holiday special horseshit ep.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:40 am

watched die hard one and two, now the first one is one of the best action films ever made (and one of the best bad guy falling to his death scenes yet, as far as sfx goes that's a really good shot), but i still like the second one dispite its flaws. I mean people rag on it, but it still works in its own way. Its way dumber than the original, and the script is bad, but i wouldn't say the film is anything less than decent. The english accents piss me off though, yeah like that guy out of star trek speaks like that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:12 am

spudthedestroyer wrote: now the first one is one of the best action films ever made

it always has been :mrgreen:

i also like 2, 3 just doesnt have that sparkle for me, altho i still like watching it it isnt as good as the rest by a long shot, plus that jackson guy is annoying as zeus, theres rumours (as ever) of a 4th one but i dont see it happening unless bruce is really strapped for cash
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:44 am

Really? if you ask me, 3 is way, way better than number two. The script is tighter, the action is more fluid, cinematography and tone hits the spot. Really fast and very easily watchable. Much better film.

Definitely prefer number 3 than number 2, i think number 2 is okay but it really is a mess in most places, particularly direction and lousy dialog.

I read about number 4 too its been in all the production hell bits of all the magazines, i dunno, it stands as much chance as indiana jones 4 if you ask me.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:56 am

if u ask me indy 4 stands a better chance as its lucas/speilberg and they will do what they want

dh2 was directed by renny harlin, same guy who did cliffhanger :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:33 pm

and exorcist: the beginning (theatrical) and cuthroat island and (I think) long kiss goodnight? or was that just shane black's script?

die hard 2 was a lot more die hard-ish than 3. 3 was a lot more lethal weapon-ish (buddy comedy/action). I think that accounts a lot for the popularity of 2 over 3 - and it seemed far more popular iirc. anyway, I'm not wild about either sequel. I'd still buy the collection, but I never watch the sequels if they're on hbo whereas I'd watch the first.

anyway, finished s3 of 24</i> binged the last 2.5 discs last night/this morning. last 2 eps were anticlimactic. still enjoyed the season though.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:21 am

just got the new statesman eps off the mule, watching my way through them, love it, properly rips the piss out of thatchers conservatives
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General