The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:30 am

no i didnt use supernova in guess the movie, i used storm, which is better then supernova, never seen that version of suipernova your on about
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:29 pm

lol - luke perry starred in storm (my gawd, martin sheen was in that) and supernova? nice! I guess buffy was a high point after all. :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:28 pm

ice harvest</i>. fun movie. as far as the plot goes, it's pretty much by the book. but the interchanges with billy bob, cusack and platt are hysterical.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:38 pm

dinky wrote: I guess buffy was a high point after all. :lol:

buffy and high point never go in the same sentence :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:41 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:
dinky wrote: I guess buffy was a high point after all. :lol:

buffy and high point never go in the same sentence :lol:

*sexually explicit retort removed*

:lol:

I watched Back to the Future... just because i could. I watched some sopranos earlier this week, really like that show. Its 'cheap' but its well made and appealing... should be writing some of my final year project but i just canni be arsed capt'in :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:45 am

cheap intellectually or cheap financially?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:46 am

dinky wrote:cheap intellectually or cheap financially?

or cheap crap? :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:31 am

heh. no. that's called "the max aesthetic" :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:38 pm

I saw that domino film.. a terrible more.. I recommend NEVER seeing it!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:12 pm

dinky wrote:cheap intellectually or cheap financially?

cheap as in the same way rome is visually cheap. They throw money at it like the rest of their shows, but its still two guys dressed as romans holding up bits of cardboard re-enacting some epic battle.

Sopranos is neither dumb nor crap, actually its rather good. Series five has Steve Buscemi in it for those that are interested :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:58 pm

hmm...I've never noticed that. the sets and action don't seem at all as cardboardish as the war scenes in Rome (if you haven't seen them, there's thankfully only a few, but they're dreadful to watch - like one of those BBC/Time Life/Discovery Channel shows that purports to "take you back" to see how a ballista was used or something).

watched first three eps of 24</i>, season 3. (the dvds were finally a decent price)

watched clone wars</i> vol. 2 (animated stuff that kicks the shit outta the actual prequels).

edit:

/begin rant

just to show what an inept fecking turd george lucas is, I watched the featurette on the disc and they talked about making scenes to explain things on ep3. and lucas came to them with the "fact" that general greivous coughed and wisped. so they came up with these events during the kidnapping of palpatine that gave that god-awful, annoying sound a reasonable (dare I say, good) explanation. well, my point here is that herr george decided on that retarded fucking aspect of the movie LONG before THEY (the people who wrote/dir/drew the animation) gave it any fecking meaning whatsoever. which is good to know, I guess. but it really only served to make me think that much less of lucas.

/end rant
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:35 pm

watched first three eps of 24, season 3

i can never take that show seriously as to me the military old guy will always be jim "i died on the floor infront of my granddaughter hannah" robinson from neighbours :lol: :lol: (anyone else find it funny how her granddad and grandma both died while alone in the room with her at seperate times?... SHES A DEMON CHILD :lol: ), actually not seen neighbours in years, only so much of it you can take before your internal organs melt

clone wars vol. 2 (animated stuff that kicks the shit outta the actual prequels).

yeah coz thats difficult :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:44 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:
clone wars vol. 2 (animated stuff that kicks the shit outta the actual prequels).

if you're trying to get a rise out of me, you had me at "hello"
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:16 am

dinky wrote:
maxpayne2409 wrote:

if you're trying to get a rise out of me, you had me at "hello"

nope, just stating how i despise the crap star wars prequels
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:41 am

hmm...I've never noticed that. the sets and action don't seem at all as cardboardish as the war scenes in Rome

When i find my dvds, and get home, i'll take some screenshots that will change your mind ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:09 pm

24</i> s3e4
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:29 pm

urghhh well some naff bastards inched my sopranos "backup" ( :D ) DVDs, so it will take me a while to get you the screenshots of what i'm talking about. Sopranos does have a fair few "shit we've spent our budget moments" and lets not mention the 'dream' sequences or the, erm lets film it on the beach moments :lol:

Not really that distracting but it hits you that its not made on movie budgets.

Never got into 24 myself... i can only take so much sutherland in one sitting :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:18 pm

just saw Harry Potter Goblet of fire.... I was pretty happy with this one.. best so far imo. A lot darker then the other movies, scared the willies out of me kids. Not in a bad way mind they loved it but wree a bit scared. Looking forward to the next one.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:21 am

Jynks wrote:scared the willies out of me kids.

i thought gary glitter was in jail in vietnam :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:12 am

CoN: Lion, Witch, Wardrobe</i> (I'm protesting articles tonight). it was entertaining. follows the book as closely as the LotR stuff did, which is to say mostly with a few alterations. I sure picked-up on the "christian" imagery a lot more in the movie than the book. I remember (not really caring for and) not noticing the much-talked-about heavy-handed christian imagery in C. S. Lewis' endearing fables. blah blah blah.

the high points of the movie usually involved the visualizations of things in the book. the lions and leopards and centaurs an minatours and so forth. I thought all of that was quite nice & interesting. but the movie itself suffers from the same problem that the book does: it's fundamentally a kiddie story. it's not as watered down as the book itself (thankfully), but it's still very much "first we did this, then we did this, then we did this" - harry potter 1 & 2-ish. whereas shrek</i>, a "cartoon," is 10x more mature. I really hope they don't do the hobbit</i>. anyway...I loved the look of Aslan (the lion), very majestic and all that stuff. but every time he spoke, all I could see was Qui-Gon Jin or Rob Roy. that was irritating. I mean, I knew who the voices of scar and mufasa were in lion king</i>, but I didn't automatically envision darth vader or that dude who sexed-up lolita. iunno why I'm complaining about it. it was better than the book upon which it was based. what was I expecting? anyway, there wasn't any emotional investment in the final battle (on my part) really at all. so that's not good.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General