The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:09 pm

i was never a fan of that movie, loads of people rave about how good it is but i seriously wondered if they watched the same movie. For the most part its devoid of humour, or rather just provides mild amusement. Okay i guess.

Yes its the one with the highway patrols.

@max, they did, they dumped it because it wasn't very popular and its ratings sucked. They signed up for two series because it was cheap... and imo it showed.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:13 pm

ah, i didnt find super troopers that amusing either, the only thing that made club dreadful slightly better was the fact it had lots of bikini babes :lol:

i will admit yeah at times the cheapness does show and its always given me a b-movie feel, especially the way the film quality differs between shots from standard new millenium tv quality to some sort of poor 60s tv quality, but i still enjoy it, but then again i enjoy b-movies so go figure
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:44 pm

club dread wasn't nearly as good as super troopers. "naw rabbit. you're doin' it all wrong... don't forget to cup the balls." great movie. I thought it was hysterical. dread was a major disappointment. the girls in bikinis was the only thing it had going for it. same guy (the "brown brutha" in super troopers) directed both and also the dukes of hazard movie.

"liter cola? what's a liter cola? do we have any liter cola?" heh
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:47 pm

same guy (the "brown brutha" in super troopers) directed both and also the dukes of hazard movie

i rest my case
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:16 pm

I haven't seen dukes of hazard cuz I heard such horrible things about it. but that just leads me to believe he got lucky with troopers. it's worlds better than club dread. really no comparison.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:54 am

yeah, no comparison... apart from the fact they both suck quite heavily.

:P
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:58 am

as the abba song goes "super troopers theyre so poopers" or something along those lines :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby ScarletJester on Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:01 pm

On advice I watched the whole of Rome. I enjoyed the first episode a bit more this time round, was hooked by about episode 4, and totally in love for the last 2 episodes (which I thought were some of the best TV ever). They're doing a second series maybe??
ScarletJester
Skutter

Postby demolished on Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:26 am

Watched Harold and Maude (again -- but for the first time in a couple years) -- some great great stuff in that movie.
demolished
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:23 pm

Aeon Flux</i>. liked it. nothing special. I was a fan of the liquid television shorts, and it was a pretty faithful (not to be confused with identical) story. I think they should have gone the whole nine and made it more of charlize jumping around doing the silent assassin thing, but...well...I kinda liked how they spun the "big revelation" from the series.

anyway, got my first preview of Underworld: Evolution</i>, and all I can say is wtf??? since when does every vampire "sequel" have to include yet-another new kind of mutant vampire? judging by the preview, it looks like van helsing</i> (which was basically a sequel in that it took five different movies and slapped them together like so many pieces of the Frankenstein monster) and blade 2</i>. and it's all about kate beckinsale. look, she's a hottie. but DUDE! the werewolf/vampire hybrid, not the little shit vampire he fucks, should be the "key" to saving the world, defeating the enemy, blah blah blah. it's like having Achilles on your sideline and sending his wife to the fight instead. and what the fuck is with marcus flying around exactly</i> like the shits in van helsing</i>? man! half of what I loved about the first movie was its style and simplicity. they fuct blade</i> up too...with all this uber uber shite mythology.
Last edited by dinky on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:14 pm

Didn't Aeon Flux die in every short in that cartoon as she was some kind of clone?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:19 pm

finally got round to watching The Fantastic Journey (a bassline rip from a long time ago i believe), pretty good, as it was made in the 70s its naturally rather slow in places and the action set peices are a bit higgledy piggledy but its still pretty enjoyable, only watched the pilot episode so far, gonna watch another later, the kid is uber annoying though with his gayness
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:45 am

Jynks wrote:Didn't Aeon Flux die in every short in that cartoon as she was some kind of clone?

yeah. she was a clone/love slave to the scientist guy who ran the city. but she went rogue and fought him. then when she finally succeeded in getting to him, she couldn't do it or something...I remember the scene but not enough to really say what happened. just that she couldn't do it. they also did eps from the opposite perspective and aeon was the "bad guy" along with her crew of black leather s & m boys'n'girls.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:33 am

just friends</i>. it was good for what it was. look at the preview and you'll know what you're getting. I like ryan reynalds. dunno why. he played van wilder if you don't know who he is. strictly comedian though. couldn't stand (anything in) blade 3</i>.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:45 pm

van wilder guy is in buying the cow aswell which is a good film

anyway, last night i watched the worlds most dreadful film which leads me to believe i have finally gone completely insanee......

the adventures of sharkboy and lava girl :o :o :o :-o :-o :-o :cry: :cry: :cry:

i now feel dead inside
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:47 pm

:lol: robert rodriguez, isn't it? sigh. poor guy. wonder if he has kids?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:50 pm

yep it is, and yes he has kids as according to imdb tossboy and lesbogirl was based ona story his 7year old son made up or something incredibly stupid like that

anyway just watched Supernova (Luke Perry, Tia Carrera, Lance Henrikson sp?), it wasnt bad i suppose, just really slow and rather boring..... but still better then anything rodriguez has ever made :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:13 am

wow. luke perry was in that? hmm...I gotta be thinking of something else. came out around the same time as event horizon.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:57 am

you are thinking of something else coz this was a 2005 hallmark channel scifi spesh :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:10 am

heh. now I remember! you used that tripe in the guess the movie game.

here's what I had in mind: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134983/

I'm not sure which one is worse.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General