The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:57 pm

says the geek with a (chinese?) ghostbusters av who haunts a sci-fi board. :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:03 pm

ah but when have i ever gone out to bust ghosts
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:04 pm

the real question you ought to be asking is when have you ever spoken to a girl and not given her your credit card number? :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:14 pm

all the time, as i dont have a credit card so :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:33 pm

heh.

new smallville tonight, I think. will have to check that out and polish off the tripping the rift shorts I have filed away somewhere.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:06 am

watched 30x01-03 of have i got news for you (latest series) its as funny as ever
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:56 am

mmm...forgot to set my dvr for smallville (and forgot what time it was on), so watched Disturbed Music as a Weapon tour finale (2003) in Chicago on HDnet. love the music. they look totally metal in concert (as opposed to the nu metal stuff) bass and rhythm(?) guitarists in particular. 10,000 fists rocks too.

in comparison, I'd watched Papa Roach a few nights before and it's amazing the difference between them. PR look & sound like nancy boys in comparison.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:24 am

Just saw WOLF CREEK it is a great flick. It is about the backpacker murders by Ivan Malat in the aussie outback... a "true story" flcik though I bet there is a lot of made up stuff in it.

Spoiler:
At the end of the flick when the txt is saying what happens in the court case and stuff, it says he was let free and lives in South AU, that is bullshit he is in a maximum security jail, and yes they DID find all the bodies... so I have no idea what that shit at the end of the flick was ment to be for

This is more a flick for HHAH but I do not think they have a recent movie list.. it is really really good. A true horror. You can keep your demons and crazy monsters. Nothing is more scary than a single crazy serial killer. This movie is a great flick as in a horror, as in a horrific, movie... no jokes, no light stuff... just charicter introduction and then onto what happened out there..... really worth a look if you like a bit of young chick dicing in your move diet.

Now I want them to make a movie of Snowtown!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:57 am

Why does snowtown immediately conjure up drugs
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:06 pm

no idea.. snowtown was more your texas chainsaw style family of freaks killing heaps of people and storing them in barrels of acid, under store floorboards, making furniture and sculptures out of bones. that kinda thing (true story as well)
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:23 pm

i think jynks was missing the whole "she snogged a woman" thing that i believe you were edging towards there spuddley

Are you insinuating that Jynks is gay? :lol:

TOS was never good.

Hooray! Weekend, now i can watch some snizzle. Last movie i watched was Carry on Screaming! but now i feel like watching something really gash so will probably get round to watching constantine. My little sister got me Company of Wolves for my birthday so i'll probably edge towards that.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:14 pm

no not in the least insinuating that jynks smokes the meat cigar

dont watch constantine, trust me you'll hate it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:33 am

that would make me NOT gay
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:21 am

Watched constantine... pretty much what i expected, crappy movie with a crappy actor.

Also watched some rome... quite funny actually, worth a shot anyway. The cheap intro that's a rip off of carnivale (but a kabillion times inferior) is a tad crappy though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby karstmobile on Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:30 am

Poor Keanu. Any role you think he would be suited for spud? Possibly an android? Hmmm, maybe staring in an Al Gore made for tv movie? Surely there is a place for Mr. Reeves...
karstmobile
the Angry Klingon

Location: Outside of the Discovery One waiting for HAL to open the damn pod bay doors...

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:03 am

yes there was, ted theodore logan :lol: , infact there was only one thing missing from bill & ted that was always in that lifestyle.... toking the weed
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:28 am

Watched constantine...

Yea I saw Nightwatch withc is a very simular kind of movie... sort of... armys of light fighting armys of darkness in some kind of "truse" type thing... that movie blows as well btw.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:24 pm

I thought you were talking about that genetically engineered dog movie with marc singer, so I looked him up (I was thinking of The Watchers II</i>, btw). dood! he's reprising his role on the new V</i>! he must be a zillion years old now. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:05 pm

Watched the first episode of Masters of Horror and rather enjoyed it. It was a pretty dumb storyline and general writing, but i enjoyed it none the less. Would recommend the series to people, you get like a new horror movie every week by famous directors. Will try and make room for episode 2.

Gonna watch some more rome, i started watching it and it wasn't bad, quite entertaining actually, like many of these HBO shows are. Lots of fighting and naked people. Even if the intro is a poorly done ripoff of the excellent intro to carnivale, i thought it was a decent enough watch.

Poor Keanu. Any role you think he would be suited for spud? Possibly an android? Hmmm, maybe staring in an Al Gore made for tv movie? Surely there is a place for Mr. Reeves...

Here in lies the problem, he's totally incapable of acting therefore he's totally incapable of playing a role. I've got nothing against him, he just quite clearly has no ability to act.

Luckily for him he's survived in movies that he could do without this basic ability.

As for a place, I dunno i'm sure he's got some talents, but one of them is not acting. I'm sure he could do well as a cheif executive in some insurance company or something.

Whether he's suited the role in bill and ted is besides the point because those movies were f*cking dreadful. Seriously, highlander dreadful.

I know "oh but they came from the 80s and were famous"... yeah who cares, so was highlander. They suck. They were never good, because they happened in the past does not make them good, grow up! :lol:
:mrgreen:

dink wrote: thought enterprise was far more (gulp) engaging than any of the next gen stuff and far superior to the worn out voyager. I was actually interested in it. I hadn't been interested in a ST series since next gen, and even then, I watched it cuz that's what came on after the disney afternoon and I was in the 8th frackin' grade.

That's fine i guess, its picking at scraps comparing voyager to enterprise, I hated both, they are both terrible. However, imo DS9 was marginly better than all the other ST series.... and i mean marginly.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:37 pm

i nver said bill & ted, highlander are good coz theyre from the past, i like them because they appeal to my comic side, and highlander simply because i like it, i dont care what others think, i like it thats all im bothered about :lol: , plus i used to love the cartoon when i was younger despite the fact it really didnt have much to do with it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General