The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:47 pm

? carnivale had something like 22 eps between both seasons combined. :?

can't comment on B5 since I watched it so sporadic and disinterestedly.

but I can tell you for a fact that the standard procedure is for the exec. producer (whedon, carter, strazynski, etc.) to plot out the entire season, which amounts to between 4-10 episodes worth of material. of those 4-10 eps, you'll get something like 2-5 actually written by the guy (rather than story by - if any - credits). and of those, they'll typically direct around half of however many eps they actually wrote. so in a 22 ep season, that leaves you with what? at least half the eps written and (largely) conceived of by "other writers." now these "other writers" are usually (almost always) hand picked by the exec producer, so it's not like they don't see eye-to-eye about where the show is going. and sometimes you get writers so in synch with the creator/producer that you can't tell the difference and on other shows (simpsons comes to mind) the writers outshine the creator(s). but still...it's asking an awful lot that at least half the eps of a 22 ep season be handled by a handful of different people, each only loosely aligned with the creator/producer who's actually in charge of the series. same thing happens in 14 episode seasons, it's just that there's so many fewer opportunities so the series is more tightly wound within each season.

edit: of course, all three names I dropped are fairly notorious control freaks. :lol:

now if you really</i> wanna see a train wreck, try watching smallville</i>. it's like they decide on a new artistic direction every other week. you can almost see the studio execs & producers altering the next week's episode based on the demographics of the previous week's performance. :lol:

whoops! we're down 12% on the females ages 10-17. need more romance in the next ep. whoa! we just went up 30% in males 18-24. let's have another allison mack cleavage shot. what? down 20% across the board? guess it's time to take away clark's "powers" again. wtf :o
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:51 pm

let's have another allison mack cleavage shot

you say it like its a bad thing? im just waiting til the "damn weve lost all male viewers everywhere, lets have a lana/chloe/lois menage a trois scene for the entire 45mins of the episode, with full dildo penetration and oral action :lol: , i think im gonna be waiting a long long time
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:42 pm

heh - I did just mention a few days ago that there's actually a channel for that now too. :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:52 pm

lol if only there actually was
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:45 pm

now if you really wanna see a train wreck, try watching smallville

You only need to watch half an episode to see how shit that is dinky ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:55 pm

I did say "try" :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:10 pm

god friggin damnit i downloaded evil dead regeneration for pc and it wont bloody unrar, stupid mofo's, i blame thatcher :matrix:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:14 pm

smallville</i>
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:29 pm

still watching eps of twilight zone 2002, tbh i really liked it from the beginning some really good stories and i wondered why it got cancelled after 1 season but jsut watched eps 29-36 and out of all those eps only 30 was any good, the rest were kinda lame, im hoping it will pick up again before the final episode (43) but im not holding out hope
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:13 pm

43 eps in one season? :o
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:15 pm

yes i thought it was odd too but theyre only 20 minutes each so i presume they were actually shown 2 eps in an hour slot, spiced up with adverts would probably stretch to an hour
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:22 pm

anyway gonna go try out the land of the dead - road to fiddlers green demo now
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:51 pm

omg what a massive dissappointment the land of the dead demo is, if the full games anywhere close to the demo i certainly wont give a damn about it, such a shame, a waste of a great license :(
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:36 am

new south park was funny i thought, but seems nobody liked it @ fileheaven.org, I guess they all forgot how shit the timmy episode was.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:47 pm

lol fh users have no sense of humour thats why, i thought it was hilarious "everyone knows jews carry bags of jew gold in little bags around their necks" "everyone knows jews carry a bag of fake jew gold around their necks to protect the real bags fo jew gold around their necks, now hand over the real jew gold kyle"

Feeling warmth is the last stages of hypothermia, maybe we should strip off these jackets and put our bodies next to each other to keep warm, DONT BE A FAG
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:41 pm

batman begins</i>...again.

"I - live - again!" ~ Evil Ash
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:27 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:lol fh users have no sense of humour thats why, i thought it was hilarious "everyone knows jews carry bags of jew gold in little bags around their necks" "everyone knows jews carry a bag of fake jew gold around their necks to protect the real bags fo jew gold around their necks, now hand over the real jew gold kyle"

Feeling warmth is the last stages of hypothermia, maybe we should strip off these jackets and put our bodies next to each other to keep warm, DONT BE A FAG

lol, yeah I loved the bit in front of the conservative panel of politicians was great... watch the politician at the front that jumps on the table and starts kicking stuff when everyone panics :lol:

Or the scenes taking the piss out of the rapid freezing in day out of tomorrow where theya re running away from global warming :mrgreen:

I got Batman Begins on DVD yesterday, or at least it arrived through the post.

I can't figure it out though, there's no rating on the cover, but there is on the disc... I thought that was illegal? Very odd...

been watching more xfiles, just watched the one about the tobacco bugs @ morley's cigs :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:22 pm

the disc in stores had a special backing slapped on the outside of the actual dvd case. might have something to do with it. I'm fairly certain as well that they have to at least say that they're NR if, in fact, there is no rating. there was a $10 rebate, so the disc only cost $10. that seemed fair. $25 for the 2-disc edition but I didn't see a rebate offer and was in a hurry.

anyway...mallrats extended</i> was the day before (same shopping spree).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:27 pm

just watched Surface ep 5, and i like that series but, am i the only one who noticed when tehy were chasing the creature in the big offroader thing that the son got in too, when they got where they were going in what looked like midday-2pm time and were there till gone darkness that they just kinda left her 7 year old son in the car for all that time alone, without food or water :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:40 pm

smallville - 505, aquaman appeared in this ep, but the most cheesiest part came when at the end he and clark were talking about working as a team and aquaman said "the junior lifesaver association" and clark replied "i dont think im quite ready for the JLA yet" an obvious reference to the Justice League of America that both aquaman and superman are a part of when they're older
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General