The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Jynks on Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:58 pm

I guess you haven't been following the discussion of it in the past couple pages? it's a new and noticably better (according to spud) transfer

As long as i can see the image I am happy. I can never tell the diffrence between all these other version anyway.... a flick is a flick.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:22 pm

in the same way a gun is a gun, but a shotgun will do a helluva lot more damage at close range thena potato gun
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:08 am

A History or Violence</i> - it was decent. dunno whatever happened to dk, but it's croenberg's latest. kinda croenbergish/david lynchlike feel to it...but not quite enough to ruin it...just to make it kinda jilted. and folks, maria belo is now my goddess!
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:19 pm

Watched fahrenheit 451... hadn't seen it in a long time but its a great film (although i never liked the ending). Okay its dated, but at the same time that kind of works in its favour, all the designs and architecture is kind of retro futuristic. All barring the tv which sucks.

Shame the internet has negated the storyline somewhat.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:24 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:in the same way a gun is a gun, but a shotgun will do a helluva lot more damage at close range thena potato gun

Will be recycling that :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:16 pm

:lol: be my guest

been watching TZ 2002 eps, Clarissa Explains it all, the armando innuci shows, xmen (90s cartoon) season 1, smallville season 5 premiere (fucking hate james marsters why did that gay have to join) and married with children 401
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:36 pm

sometimes i wonder if your a 12 year old max :lol:

Clarissa Explains it all? Holy crap, if you want to relive the old days of nickelodeon you might as well see if you can find "are you afraid of the pike?" (:wacky:) or "Rocko's Modern Life". As for james masters making smallville "gay"... its was "gay" well before he joined ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:41 pm

nah not 12, just really think old tv is better then most of todays arsey bollocks :lol: (plus i seemed to think melissa joan hart was older in clarissa then it turned out she actually was :o)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:28 pm

12 year old girl, that was meant to say... :lol: i seem to have omitted the latter part, always the same, four sentances ahead of the cursor in my mind, and 2 decades behind with my grammer :wacky:

I also forgot to say i've been watching more xfiles xvids... upto the last two in series 5, that DVD boxset hasn't come yet, i think its got a while 'expected' before i'll bug the sender again :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:52 pm

it's either gotta cross the pacific on an illegal whaling expedition or the himalayas via goat path, so yeah...I'd give it some time. :wacky:

now...if yer gonna relive the GOOD old days of nickelodeon, you can't do that on television</i> then maybe some double dare</i> and ren and stimpy</i>
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:31 am

incidently theres no such thing as the good old days of nickelodean surely? especially as to me nickelodeon hasnt ever existed, as when i was young we only had these 4 channels on terrestrial tv as for some reason only council dossers had sky tv :lol: so the odd nick show that was seen by me was maybe on bbc or itv (mostly bbc)

anyway just watched MacGyver 1x03, and i cant believe they ripped off the entire end scenes of the italian job with the chase through rome, especially as they were meant to be in hungary i believe in the episode, i mean you can tell suddenly a little girl changes into the size of a full grown man, and the comical dummies (litterally) who drive the police car into the lake, hilarious
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:45 am

the italian job came out way before MacGyver... like 15 or 16 years before it.

-- This is a total rip of of the first time I ever remeber seeing it - Bart Simpson
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:08 am

Jynks wrote:the italian job came out way before MacGyver... like 15 or 16 years before it.

-- This is a total rip of of the first time I ever remeber seeing it - Bart Simpson

yes i know that, hence why i said macgyver completely ripped it off Duh :lol:

been watching The Day Today aswell THIS IS THE NEWS
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:05 am

Dogville</i>. never would have watched it if I knew what I was getting into. 2hr "movie" that amounts to a stage play with voice over (kinda like a staged version of how the grinch stole christmas</i> but the plot of last man standing</i> crossed with that jodie foster rape movie). speaking of which, I could watch nicole kidman get raped all day. wow. did I honestly just say that? crap, I need help. anyway, the movie was boring and gimmicky with seriously over-(or is it under-?) drawn characters and dialogue (a lot like the village, actually). still, I liked seeing nicole kidman get raped...repeatedly. ok, I need help.
:?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:12 am

sounds terrible... I just watched the Matrix Deionised (the fan edit) and really liked it.. I think it si a lot better to watch then the two original version... the only thing that suxed was the ping/ponging back and forth between the orical.... in the original version there is a lot more "time" between each visit.

@max... Yea I know that is wat you said I was agreeing with you... no need to be so defensive
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:48 pm

Dogville

I thought that was that crappy skateboarding movie?, i wouldnt put it passed all those lamo skaters to rape people though (hate skaters, bloody layabout dropouts)

@max... Yea I know that is wat you said I was agreeing with you... no need to be so defensive

hehe sorry it read to me like you thought i had said the italian job ripped off macgyver

watchd more of The Day Today, right i never thought id have to say this but im closing the bureau de change...for an hour
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:44 pm

Dogville (2003)
"The beautiful fugitive, Grace (Nicole Kidman), arrives in the isolated township of Dogville on the run from a team of gangsters. With some encouragement from Tom (Paul Bettany), the self-appointed town spokesman, the little community agrees to hide her and in return, Grace agrees to work for them. However, when a search sets in, the people of Dogville demand a better deal in exchange for the risk of harbouring poor Grace and she learns the hard way that in this town, goodness is relative. But Grace has a secret and it is a dangerous one. Dogville may regret it ever began to bare its teeth." <= this was the basic idea of the back cover of the dvd at blockbuster when I rented the thing. looks interesting, no?

"Set in an American Town in the Rocky Mountains in the 1930s. Lars von Trier re-explores the concept of goodness, but this in an idiom very different from that of his Gold Heart Trilogy (Breaking the Waves, The idiots and Dancer in the Dark). DOGVILLE is shot exclusively in studio with a minimum of props once again allowing the actors' maximum freedom and full exposure inspired by televised theatre of the 70s. In DOGVILLE Trier works extensively with light, sound, score and music to obtain and heighten dramatic atmosphere." <= this is the gimmick, without which this is just a really bad, awkward movie.

Lords of Dogtown (2005)
"A fictionalized take on the group of brilliant young skateboarders raised in the mean streets of Dogtown in Santa Monica, California. The Z-Boys, as they come to be known, perfect their craft in the empty swimming pools of unsuspecting suburban homeowners, pioneering a thrilling new sport and eventually moving into legend."
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:46 pm

i knew it had some dog crap in it :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:24 pm

Moved onto series 6 of the xfiles, budget stories and... well production value has grown exponentially in the first few episodes i watched compared to the rather padded out series 5.

They also refer to the movie in the series 6 premiere so i guess that explains it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:56 pm

poor ronnie barker :( death of a comedy legend
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General