The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:10 pm

ur just getting seed of chucky to complete your collection arent you? as its really pretty shit compared to the rest, but yeah im looking forward to getting the sphere phantasm set too

yeah patrick stewart is good in american dad "well done stan you see me sleeping with your daughter and all these people here and her boyfriend were in on it, it was a test you see, yes very well done"

latest ep of family guy was great, so many great bits like the back to the future part, the part where theyre playing what theyve not done and quagmire ends up completely wrecked lol
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:10 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:expecting the HD version of evil dead 2 with the book of the dead style foam cover from the states soon.

I knew they were doing a book of the dead edition for it, but is it possible to be any better than a superbit? I mean...they can't actually increase the resolution and still be compatible, can they? on a standard dvd? either way, I'll own it soon. but how the heck will I be able to tell the difference between the two movies? oh right, no one does anyway. :lol:

j/k

8)
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:08 am

ur just getting seed of chucky to complete your collection arent you? as its really pretty shit compared to the rest, but yeah im looking forward to getting the sphere phantasm set too

Its not that bad to be fair, but yes mainly to complete the set. And i don't even like phantasm that much, but i thought i'd get teh set :lol:

dinky, I dunno, i just know its a new transfer of the movie and its always referred to as a "HD transfer". I just think it means its a high quality transfer not HDTV, but i don't know. It could do with a better transfer whatever:

[code]The Book Is Back…And Madder Than Ever!

ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT UNLEASHES
“EVIL DEAD 2: BOOK OF THE DEAD 2�
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:16 am

HA thats so cool, with teh screaming eye n shit, u know i think phantasm 1 and 4 are really good but im not keen on 2 and especially not 3

anyway its my birthday today so i got lots of nice dvs to watch including sliders season 1 and 2 boxset and the 5 disc complete classic series 1-5 thomas the tank engine boxset, BOOYA
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:28 am

lol @ thomas the tank engine :rofl: I hope you enjoy your birthday, so that makes you three years old today? :hihi: :happy:

:)

and no i'm not just jealous damn it... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:34 am

LOL close, 23, but u can never go wrong with thomas the tank engine..... until you let alec baldwin get involved of course, thankfully this is just the uk episodes with ringo starr and michael angelis

lol whats that little white dude dancing about up there? too funny, reminds me of me when i opened the thomas boxset :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:38 am

incidently i should point out theyve actually converted thomas on these dvds to widescreen :D , nice transfer too, lol dvd9 aswell would u believe
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:44 am

LOL! Thomas the tank engine in widescreen... :lol:

Overcropped most likely :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:23 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Everyone knows the difference between evil dead 1 and 2, everyone that isn't a mainstream cretin. i can't beleive how many idiots actually think evil dead 2 is a remake, when there's a change in narration and everything :lol:

Anyway, this one screams when you push its eye, the book of the dead evil dead 1 doesn't scream :lol:

heh. cool. one more and I can play the nickel, necktie, nectar gag on them.

as for the sameness, you're prolly not gonna like this, but in the eyes of 7-8 out of 10 people, horror is all the same shlock. same plots. same screams. same psychos. and in the ED1/2 case, the plots really are</i> the same. the only striking difference is the approach each film takes in regard to painfully similar plots. and nobody pays attention to the introductory narrationanyway - no matter how much I emphasize that they must pay attention right away, I have to explain AoD to people all the time, and the first 2 minutes of flashbacks/summary couldn't be more clear & concise (imo).

but don't feel badmadsad, the same (or different) 7-8/10 think that anything animated is a cartoon for kids or perverse japanese men (you wouldn't believe the trouble I have getting adult literature gurus to watch shrek!). sci-fi is all the same: "did you see empire strikes back?" "no. I didn't like it in the 60s, and I won't like it now" or "what did you think about the take on totalitarian government in equilibrium?" "huh? oh, I only watch movies that are realistic." at which point I have to 'dumb it down': what did you think of the take on totalitarian government in fahrenheit 451? and they suddenly get it. :lol: :roll:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:14 pm

what so AOD isn't a remake of evil dead 1 and 2? :wacky:

I got the DVD through the post, its a much better transfer than the one i had before. Its not HDTV though, as suspected. There's a new documentry on the disc too.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:22 pm

oh and you just reminded me to buy Farenheit 451 :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:55 pm

lol - cooli. will def have to pick up a copy.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:26 pm

my mistake thomas isnt widescreen (although the site it was bought off said ti was) its full screen
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:36 pm

yeah thought it might be, since its stop motion its pretty critical what you see on screen... cropping thomas would be like cropping a disney cartoon.

It doesn't happen, it costs a hell of a lot of money (relatively) making sure everything is in position and setup, and they wouldn't pay people to setup stuff that doesn't appear on screen. Its a lot simplar in thomas though and everything, but i still don't think they'd change the matting.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:02 pm

Watched Battlestar episode 10 and loved it to bits, best episode i can recall by miles. Reminded me just of Babylon 5's civil war episodes, although battlestar has a bigger budget and cast to make it look and feel more 'feel', if that makes any sense.

Its just a shame that american networks don't trust their audiences or their shows to continue to keep competant scheduling. Bring on January 11th.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:58 pm

nobody watches tv on fridays here anyway. I think x-files was the only drama that ever stuck.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:04 pm

nobody here watches tv at all :lol:

Doesn't stop them from showing shows in a regular slot. I just wish that sky had shown the episodes at the same time or rist again... we wouldn't have to wait through this shit :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:18 pm

what annoys me is Hex, god i fucking hate that program, absolute wank
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:43 pm

lol, is that the one with the paggerdy scag in it? at least they could have done is get some one with a clevage or something...

I think i saw one episode or a bit of one of hex and boy did it suck... i think its meant for little girls max... that's the problem. Don't know why you didn't like it though :lol: :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:21 pm

i cant stand it, its that one with the lesbian ghost with the jimmy hill chin

my best mate absolutely loves it and thinks im insane for hating it lol, difference is ive got taste
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General