The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:19 pm

shark tale</i>
not bad, but a pale reflection of the pixar and most of the dreamworks stuff in recent years.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:35 pm

watched Brave New World (scifi original) as a film it was average, seen better seen worse on the subject, as for the avi quality (and as a rule i don't usually complain about things like this as i appreciate the trouble but), pathetic, blocky, tracking line across the top, signal lines across the screen, and to make it worse they left the ad breaks in, the film was made in 1998 but from one of the adverts (for the tour de france) stated it must've been caped in 2004, and for such a recent showing i would've expected a lot better, i know scifi isn't one of the best quality channels picture wise but they show them better then that
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Jynks on Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:06 pm

that move RULES!!!

"who are you people?"
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:47 pm

Jynks wrote:that move RULES!!!

"who are you people?"

like i said i thought it was ok but ive seen better and worse on the subject, it struck me as something that wanted to be a cross between brazil and the music video for go west by the pet shop boys :lol: , no idea why

maybe the piss poor effort at capping it put me off it a little too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:54 pm

Wierd.... I could have sworn blade runner made a post between my one and yours about close encounters of the third kind... ... ?
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:57 pm

he did, when i clicked the link it said "post does not exist"

one thing i did like about brave new world though was theyre philosophy on sex :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:43 pm

just watched Split Second (1992) starring rutger hauer (such an underrated actor) and kim catrell, wasn't that bad actually, ive seen better hauer movies but for an early 90s brit scifi/horror movie it was pretty good
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:28 pm

never even heard of it.... wats it like?

Talking about Rutger has reminded me of a really cool flick not yet posted on board.... so I posted it.

The Blood of Heroes @ Scifi Donkey
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:59 pm

cool sounds good ill dl that cheers jynks

split second was pretty good like i said, rutger hauer plays an american cop in the year 2005 in london whose on the trail of a monster that murdered his partner, backed by such typical british actors as pete postlethwaite (but not a colliery in sight how odd)

ed2k: Split.Second.(1992).Anbc.Sharereactor.avi  [698.21 Mb] [Stats]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105459/

another good hauer flick is Armageddon aka redline aka deadline

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0124349/

incidently he would later team up with mark dacascos again in 2002 for Scorcher, alongside john rhys davies from sliders (& amusingly christopher lloyds nephew sam aka ted in scrubs)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303017/

ed2k: Scorcher.2002.DVDRip.DivX-ABEZ.avi  [696.86 Mb] [Stats]

Don't know if armageddon is available on the mule, if not i have it on dvd

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:36 pm

picked up watching Xfiles S1 near the end and just watched the first 3 discs of series 2.

I could have sworn blind that the first episode in series 2 was the one in the carnivale... i was wrong.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:08 am

just watched 1x01 of my secret identity (yes the jerry o'connell tv show from '87), really enjoyed it, remember watching it as a kid, a friend of mine in canada is capping them from Space channel every sunday :D, when ive got them all if theres demand ill release them to emule
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:50 pm

latest BG

strangely, I liked the ep but at the same time, it was painfully predictable. lucy lawless managed to look attractive, and I was never into the amazon thing.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:34 pm

lol, that's actually her real accent too :lol:

Spoiler:
Speaking of Cylons, Mr Morden from Babylon 5 would make an ace cylon :lol:

The "episode set in a series" rather than an episode of the series type stories i always actually like. They give you a perspective from the 3rd person almost. Its like the COPS episode of Xfiles or that episode of Bablyon 5 where it follows the two techies.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:40 pm

not watched many films since the age of empires 3 demo came out
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:30 am

lol, yeah quite fun isn't it.

Watched loads though, continued with Xfiles... i got ahead of the DVD rental company but i got DVDrs with episodes on so picked up on from where i left off.

Watched Phone Booth, hadn't seen it before and it wasn't that bad actually, i was expecting it to be really crappy, but it does quite well for a movie with such a minimal environment.

Watched The Thing since its damn cool. Trying to think of another film to watch though... its weird you have 1000s of movies, but your only in the mood for certain ones and end up watching the same movies over again.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:50 am

lol yes it is fun and i know what u mean about having 1000 of movies but only wanting to watch teh same few, i thought phone booth was ok for what it was, which is odd as colin farell was in it and hes a bit of a douchebag

apparently Ensemble Studios have confirmed they are remaking age of empires 1 + rise of rome and age of empires 2 age of kings + the conquerorsin aoe3 graphics, then age of mythology 2, then they will begin work on AoE IV

im putting together a list of things thati reckon might be good ideas for another age game, might send them it when ive thought of enough
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:28 am

lol - I think it's a great idea to update the earliest title, especially AoE1 since it's my fav civilizations but the most annoying thing to play (mostly, I can't stand not being able to queue farms). but do they really need to do-up AoM2? I mean, it's not really a priority, is it? I kinda thought AoM was the attempt to update AoE1.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:31 am

they're not doing up AoM2, AoM2 is the sequel to AoM, AoE2 pwned all over AoE, but maybe thats due to 2 being the first i played who knows

u know i wasnt all that impressed with AoM, and the titans expansion was kinda a bit crap, AoE is still the best series closely very closely followed by RoN

Empire Earth and cossacks on the other hand are complete gayness in a tin
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:40 am

sounds like a valve with the Source Engine, all the stuff they've ported over to the game engine like HL:S, CS:S, etc.

Should be able to do it fairly quickly so i think its a good idea.

AoM sucked mostly because of the game engine which was really bad. They did get the polygon resources right for example, so trees were a bit crappy and singular. Either of you play the Titans? That was quite fun, where you made the demi god and rarsed everything :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:03 am

titans made the game awfully one dimensional. what was fun was when the AI raised one before you did. having to kill them with "regular" troops was a fun challenge. iunno. I liked it. the concept was pretty good (no idea what the hell they can go for in AoE4 except something 20th century - bleah. CC).

I'd rather they update AoE1 then do an expansion for Galactic Battlegrounds. Not gonna happen, but I want the new worlds and clone troops & such. AoE2 doesn't really need much - as max said in silly speech. there is a cool feature in LotR where the knights on horseback charge through the standing troops for the initial attack. that seems like a good idea for all of these games.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General