The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:52 am

the "blues brothers"

my god ive not seen that in years, think i might try and watch it today (if i can find the disc)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Mantronix on Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:39 pm

The Sure Thing

Daphne Zuniga and John Cusack. There really isn't much to this story, but I could watch Cusack in anything, forever. Daphne is a sorely underrated goddess as well.
"...a masterpiece of meticulous exactitude." - DS9 Duet
Mantronix
Skutter

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:41 pm

Mantronix wrote:The Sure Thing

Daphne Zuniga and John Cusack. There really isn't much to this story, but I could watch Cusack in anything, forever. Daphne is a sorely underrated goddess as well.

thats a great film, john cusack is one of my favourite male actors, and yes i agree about daphne hehe, its funny i was jsut looking at the sure thing on dvd on play.com
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:47 pm

I'm going to assume that by daphne zuniga, you're speaking about Princess Vespa, which is her true and proper name. what cracked me up was when she showed-up on Melrose Place.

jynks post reminded me...I think it was FH but it coulda been here: a couple posts in a row raved about the jacket</i>, and I figured "hey, it has keira knightly in it. I'd watch love, actually</i> for keira knightly." but the whole time (when keira wasn't in the scene), all I could think was "butterfly effect</i> wasn't brilliant or anything, but this shit is an insult to it."
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:30 pm

dinky wrote:I'm going to assume that by daphne zuniga, you're speaking about Princess Vespa, which is her true and proper name. what cracked me up was when she showed-up on Melrose Place.

jynks post reminded me...I think it was FH but it coulda been here: a couple posts in a row raved about the jacket</i>, and I figured "hey, it has keira knightly in it. I'd watch love, actually</i> for keira knightly." but the whole time (when keira wasn't in the scene), all I could think was "butterfly effect</i> wasn't brilliant or anything, but this shit is an insult to it."

HAHA as if vespa was in melrose place, what a shame lol

oh god i was forced to watch love actually, and i could feel myself being immasculated in real time every second it was palying

i thought the butterfly effect was pretty good, although i despise ashton fucking cuntcher
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:15 pm

normally, I'd be posting about this week's installment of entourage</i> and six feet under</i>, except now it's rome</i>, and I chose to (gulp) watch drive me crazy</i> again instead. heh

other stuff is on the dvr for later.

incidentially, university starts up again today. :beerchug:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Blade Runner on Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:38 pm

'The Island', dont bother, I was waiting for it to finish, it was a total waste of a good idea
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:57 pm

I thought the island was a good one... like you said the IDEA was great and the setup in the "factory" was nice but the rest was disappointing as hell.

I just saw another good one last night

Something Wicked This Way Comes

It is a cool movie about an evil carnival of demon things... but the cool thing about it was that it was made by Disney (before they split off Dreamworks or whatever it is called to do there more adult movies) But still it is a nice little movie with a few spooky bits and some eary concepts that is quite safe to watch with the young'n.

Hmm could have sworn I got it from HHAH but I can no longer find the link...
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:18 am

the K in dreamworks skg was the head of disney animation, but the two distributors are mortal enemies - definitely not a subsidiary.

entourage</i>
one more ep left in the season. all of a sudden, it's (johny) drama drama drama! :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:15 pm

watched a couple of episodes of the might boosh series 2.

You know nothing of the crunch!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:37 pm

lol i saw one episode of the mighty boosh once, something ina zoo about someone whose dead there or something, it was a bit boring
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:13 pm

anyone see tripping the rift</i>? the ads look pretty funny during BG</i>.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:44 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:lol i saw one episode of the mighty boosh once, something ina zoo about someone whose dead there or something, it was a bit boring

You know nothing of the crunch! Here's your first slice of the crunch!

The BBC has actually released the series, but i think they are only crappy RAM downloads. http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/

You'll just have to be one of those wannabes that pick up a series, 4 series onand pretend you followed it from the begining. But you will know nothing of the crunch...
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:46 pm

or i could just kinda not pick it up lol

monkey dust rules more :matrix:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:46 pm

anyone see tripping the rift? the ads look pretty funny during BG

All i've seen is the original internet short and i didn't think it was particularly good at the time. I don't think its like the crazey frog fad though, although it shares the same kind of history.
viewtopic.php?t=785

A lot of people seem to like it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:11 am

The Boosh Rules.... The guy who plays Howard is also in a great UK show called Nathan Barlie.... it is nothing like the boosh but still very good... I do not think there IS a show like the boosh around... it is a total original.

"We can all visit the crunch. Oh we can all take a little holiday round the crunch!!"
"I have a door, cause I am old and wise"

I have all of the first season of trippiong the rift.. but it is total CRAP.... A lot of people seam to like it though so go figure.
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:28 am

i dunno, the humour is like Garth Marengi's Darkplace... sillyness, they also share key members of cast like in the shot above so i think there's some relation between the comedy for sure. Of course marengi's is a lot more down to earth, whereas the Boosh is very drug-user friendly :mrgreen:

As for monkey dust being better, total shit. Monkey Dust is funny and all, but it dies midseason and ends up being repetative. Its no where near as funny too, i laughed a lot more at mighty boosh over its two series than Monkey Dust.

There's three shows that came out of BBC3, the other being the vastly overrated Little Britain, which is probably my least favourite of the three.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:48 am

I really didn't like The dark place much.. apart from the ep with the wierd baby monster with the huge eye... lol I do not think it is anywhere near Boosh... the boosh is just class...
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:15 pm

can't agree with you there. Garth Marengi's was so much better than mighty boosh. Can't wait for the DVD.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:52 pm

little britain gets repetitive to me a lot so it annoys me, plus you can't move for idiots quoting it

monkey dust had great characters like dobson the meat safe murderer and mr hoppy, and the 3 wannabe terrorists who want to commit things but find out theres an important footie match, or pop idol or something on tv
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General