The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:15 pm

felt like watching a bit of red dwarf - so i did. the world loves a bastard :lol: still love that quote
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:09 am

murderball</i>
pissed me off. how the fuck to these guys land chicks who wouldn't give me the time of day. very depressing.

*spoiler warning*
they show a scene of open heart surgery which was just fucking disgusting and nothing whatever to do with anything but see if they could make dinky lose his lunch. I used to hate that shit scene in robocop too, but this was even more fuct up cuz it's real and the fucking camera is on the goddamn operating room where the wife isn't even allowed. wtf! :o
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jim123 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:00 am

Operating rooms don't bother me dinky. I once had minor surgery and I was trying to look up and see what was going on but the surgeon advised me not to. He said it's very different when it's your own body.
Jim123
42?

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:01 am

murderball

never heard of it but that sounds like it could be a good thing from your description of the film

ive run out of real ghostbusters to watch so im watching my way through extreme ghostbusters, unfortunately im almost out fo them too :o
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:26 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:
murderball

never heard of it but that sounds like it could be a good thing from your description of the film

it's a docu on quadrapalegic(sp?) rugby. follows the lives of a few quads with the rugby theme tying them all together. it was good. a little too real. the usual contrivances of docus, but nothing so overtly bias as the michael moore shlock.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:27 am

sounds a bit crap ot be honest, but then i hate rugby, and dramas and it sounds like some crap channel 5 mid-day special sandwiched between ricki lake and oprah
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:03 pm

latest ep of entourage & six feet under.

opinion hasn't changed on either.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:11 pm

city of lost children. a little too french/allegorical/burtonesque for me. that little girl looks like a lot better actor to me than dakota fanning, but maybe that's cuz she hasn't been shoved in my face as much.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:01 pm

watched Hostage, i swear bruce willis mustve been creative consultant on that film as it rips off basically every other film hes ever been in, theres moments of die hard, last boy scout, 5th element, die hard 2, 12 monkeys need i go on
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:27 am

sounds like a great flick to me. 8)

(last boy scout is second only to AoD, Princess Bride, MP & the Holy Grail for greatest lines in a movie)

...but you didn't mention <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160916/>story of us</a> (1999). :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:09 am

I watched something, something i can't quite recall what it was. Yup, that good... hmmm.

I've completed those two star wars knights of the old republic games... now i need another good action adventure game for the xbox/pc. One that doesn't suck that is.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:05 pm

dinky wrote:sounds like a great flick to me. 8)

(last boy scout is second only to AoD, Princess Bride, MP & the Holy Grail for greatest lines in a movie)

...but you didn't mention <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160916/>story of us</a> (1999). :P

lol it was a slow starter, and once the old style brucie came back it got good, was just saying it rips off nearly every action film hes done

the last boy scout is indeed a good film, but surely if it comes after those other 3 then its 4th lol, incidently jsut curious what are your favourite lines in those 4 films?

/me slaps dinky for even daring to suggest the story of us :lol:

oh it also rips off unbreakable

is it wrong that when seeing the girl showing off her massive cleavage while tied and gagged in a chair i felt somehow aroused??? :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:46 pm

story of us wasn't a suggestion. it was included in your summary of the film. :P

I do really like last boy scout, but I was actually referring to best lines, not favorite movie.

there are so many lines, it's hard to say:

"Joe, where were you last night? I called you at home" - "I think I fucked a squirrel to death" (fyi, that's not in the original script but it's closer to the movie version than the actual script - and funnier)

"man, you couldn't protect a warm cup of piss" *knocks over hallenback's drink* "I spilled my warm cup of piss"

"what's the matter?" "I don't like rap." "lean your head against those speakers an' you'll be screamin' 'play that funky music'" - "the screamin' part, I believe"
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:48 pm

lol the squirrel bits well funny, bloody kids :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:38 pm

haha ive got an urge to watch last boy scout again now, although unfortunately i dont possess it on dvd only video :cry:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:53 pm

I don't recall ever watching the princess bride the more i think about it... how odd.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:07 pm

what is the princess bride? not that stupid girly film is it? or is that the princess diaries? i dont know, it all sounds gay :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:21 pm

its a fantasy film, a pretty famous one too:
viewtopic.php?p=12694#12694

Scaling the Cliffs of Insanity, Battling Rodents of Unusual Size, Facing torture in the Pit of Despair. - True love has never been a snap

It apparantly has some of the best sword fights in the history of cinema too., or at least i remember reading. Might have my wires crossed on that, although it does sound like its got a fair bit of swordplay in it.

I dunno, sounds like a good version of Ridley Scott's Legend perhaps? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:46 pm

ah right yes i do recognise the film now ive seen the poster, incidently am i the only one who thinks the guy with the sword on the posters on your link (spud) looks like a young cary elwes?....

which incidently i found otu it was once i visited the imdb page, although the nfo on your link doesnt even mention him :lol: , personally i think his best film was robin hood men in tights :lol: but he was good in saw aswell, never saw the pentagon wars so cant say what he was like in that
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:13 pm

this came before men in tights, which is a pale reflection to the satire involved in PB. it's also, incidentally, on the top 100 list of books written in the english language in the 20th century. I think james joyce had the top spot. point being, it's mostly art house faire, so I was shocked that PB was (a) a book first and (b) a great book. imdb <a href=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001279/>william goldman</a>. his résumé is impressive, and he's been around forever</i>.
:wink:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General