The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:05 am

Dragonball Z is one of the shittest cartoons ever, especially the american version of it, in one story one of the characters (i forget who) gets his arm cut off and in the jap version u see it and it explains it but in the american version they cut that bit out so he has an arm then has no arm and they say to him "hey what happened to your arm" and he replys "i dont know... but ill just regenerate another one later" i mean how lame is that
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:16 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:Speaking of avatars, is amazing, if you put an american flag up everyone things your an american. Now i know how america feels... its always funny to see someone start slagging him off when they think he's american.

well...he's asking for it with that name. what's with the old av superimposed on the american flag, anyway? I actually like the crazy comet guy from zelda.

maxpayne2409 wrote: i mean how lame is that

about as lame as the rest of the show. it just look</i> like something out of the pokemon school of animation. that's reason enough to avoid imo.

watched Immortel (ad vitam) (2004), which means "immortal (to life)" as far as I can figure - of course, making no sense whatsoever. an alternate use of "ad" in latin could translate "according to life" or "toward life" where life is the goal of "immortel." also possibly used as a comparative: "in comparison to/with life." none are particularly satisfying to me. kinda like the movie. girl with blue hair was pretty though. they never bothered to sub when french or (apparently) ancient egyptian was spoken. that annoyed me.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:12 pm

they never bothered to sub when french or (apparently) ancient egyptian was spoken. that annoyed me

yeah that happens sometimes, what have i seen it a lot in recently.... /me goes off to think

also been watching A Bears Tail on channel 4, starring Bo Selecta's The Bear
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:55 pm

<a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142032/>Dune</a> (2000) mini series

liked it again. seeing boobies in dc enhanced viewing pleasure. not a fan of the previous version. never read the book(s). want more. will check out children (haven't see that one before).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:02 pm

will check out children

watch out, gary glitter did that and got arrested :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:35 pm

/me whistles innocently

watched parts 1 and 2 of children of dune. digging it. gotta take a timeout for yankees game though. 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:36 pm

yankees game

is that like yahtzee's game but with a typo?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:36 am

no.

finished children of dune. wish there was another mini. there's a finality to these things that really works. iunno. stupid to say given the fact that it's a sequel and there's clearly room for more. could have use more development. moved faster than the first one. would have like a few more pauses. still, guess I'm a satisfied customer. so that's cooli.

oh yeah, yanks lost. :cry:

picked up a copy of earth 2</i> cuz it was inexpensive and $15 off with BG s1. no fecking clue what it means that it's the UK version. be pretty stupid if they cut the show differently for the US (unless the US cut is better . :twisted:)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:41 pm

i liked earth2, downloaded it off bit torrent a few months back (just before xmas) and watched them all, really liked it, especially the episodes with tim curry guest starring as a killer, he played his part really well, and although i dont recall it ever mentioning what his crime was (apart from killing all the other prisoners on the planet) i got the feeling from the way he played the character towards tru danzinger that he was maybe a tiny bit of a paedophile too
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:23 pm

latest ep of six feet under</i>.

spoiler:
nate's dead baby. nate's dead.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:25 pm

ive currently run out of rgb episodes to watch :cry: need to dl some more, im up to episode 5 of season 3, so instead ive been getting my ghostbusting fix from egb, not in the same class as rgb but its better then no gb, just waiting for the new movies boxset to be released (comes to uk in october), both movies, new movie transfers not jsut the old dvds stuck onto a set, and comes with 2 episodes of real ghostbusters, unfortunately all teh extras tehy gave with the first gb1 dvd (documentay n shit) have been removed :(
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:41 pm

Been trying to find good games on the xbox, played and completed a few now. Myth and then Knights of the Old Republic (star wars)... going to start the sequel too.

I watched Jaws. First time in a long time I saw that movie. Far, far, far better than i remember it. I can't believe it was done on such a low budget... then again the cast is small, the sets are limited, and i imagine it was a short shoot. Great movie though, even if its a big plastic shark (its not that bad mind, probably still be way better than the cgi sfx shit they'd use nowadays).

Just missed Extras episode 3 so i'm a tad pissed about that.

After i play KOTOR2 for a while, i spotted a dvd of master and comander lying around so i'm going to watch that... i honestly know nothing about it apart from it has boats in it, but it also has Russel Crowe in it... so its sounding like floating shit atm.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:21 pm

it is floating shit thats why
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:39 pm

It isn't that bad actually, its better than Gladiator at least. That ain't saying much though.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:18 pm

ha thats like saying well.... house of the dead wasnt as bad as never been kissed :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:48 pm

its not that bad either :lol: No its very watchable, if only to see naval battles. Not something that's especially covered by movies.

Watched "The Day Today"... erm today, 6 episodes of it :) Awesome, like all of Chris Morris' stuff (Brasseye + Jam). Love the way he gets the british and australian ministers to declare war then suddenly lunges into a 'War Special'. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:23 pm

HA the day today rules, THIS IS THE NEWS!, especially the story in episode 1 about the sheepdog in the helicopter whose pilot has a heart attack so the air control bring in a shepherd to whistle commands down the radio to it so it can safely land the helicopter, saving the children searching for worms on a school trip and narrowly missing an old woman on a seat up a pole, get your small portable shepherd.... it could save your life :lol: :lol: :lol: they dont make comedy like that anymore, the day today is how i imagine jeremy paxman if he had a breakdown on live tv :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:38 pm

i thought the IRA Terrierist story was funny too, IRA explosive dogs.

lol yeah he's exactly like Paxman, love the newspaper reviews too at the end of the episodes. Alan Partridge on sports news too :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:47 pm

and he always spends the time alans on screen ripping it out of him, which makes me laugh, and the crazy weatherman
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:25 pm

latest BG. liked it.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General