The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:13 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:LOL oh dear, i see what you mean, you could just fit a lock to your door :lol:

yeah...I told my father to fuck himself one morning before school when I was like 10 and he chased me up to my room. I locked the door. he kicked it in. result: no privacy for my teenage years.

:cry:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:15 am

er...hey max. I loved the real ghostbusters, but that blurry av is fuct, man.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jim123 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:40 am

Max
When I lived in Europe the American things were considered better. In North America European or Japanease for high tech. things are considered better. When I was In Europe I went to a store to buy some drill bits. The merchant shows me the US made bits and says that these are the best you can get. I laughed and asked him to show me some European or Japanease products. He was amazed that I did not believe that US made products were better. I told him that as a tradesman I would never buy an American made product. I kid you not guys in Canada Japanease is considered quality not US. Look at their cars, you must live in a cave if you believe that American cars are any good.

Whenever I go to see the film festivals that comes here, I find that the European movies to be much better than American. American movies rely on special effects, others don't have the budget so story and acting are more important.

I think American films do so well because many cater to teenagers. I remember when I was a kid I was easily impressed, the movies were a place to take girls (who cares what was playing) now it takes much more than action to impress me. This summer has not impressed me at all.

I saw Bewitched last night, what a terrible f****in movie.
Jim123
42?

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:49 am

yeah...I told my father to fuck himself one morning before school when I was like 10 and he chased me up to my room. I locked the door. he kicked it in. result: no privacy for my teenage years

ah not a good thing to do

er...hey max. I loved the real ghostbusters, but that blurry av is fuct, man

thats because only a few scattered RGB eps are available on dvd (out of 7 seasons theres about 6 episodes available) so its from a tv cap

The merchant shows me the US made bits and says that these are the best you can get. I laughed and asked him to show me some European or Japanease products. He was amazed that I did not believe that US made products were better

hahaha thats ace, wish i couldve been there to see his face, bet it was priceless

Look at their cars, you must live in a cave if you believe that American cars are any good.

who disclosed the location of my secret Max Cave? was it robin? i bet it was, i will have to use the max gas to knock him out then feed him to the max shark in the max pool underneath payne mansion :lol:

new american cars yes they are homo gayness, but the classic muscle cars from the 60s & 70s, gorgeous with those v8 engines that pure like a pleased pussy.....cat
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Jim123 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:44 am

My dad had a 73 T Bird, I think it was 464 c.i. and 4 barrel carbs. When you gave it gas it sure flew. When you tried to make a turn you prayed that you would live through it. The back seat purred though.
Jim123
42?

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:39 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:
er...hey max. I loved the real ghostbusters, but that blurry av is fuct, man

thats because only a few scattered RGB eps are available on dvd (out of 7 seasons theres about 6 episodes available) so its from a tv cap

or you could...like...change it. :P
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:07 pm

or you could...like...change it.

i dont complain about your clown which is really blurry (especially on its face) so shuddup :roll: :eatthis:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:05 pm

can't you cap an image from one of the 6 dvd eps? :?

watched lates BG ep. was pretty good except not one scene with Starbuck and Helo. Also, no appearance of Boomer at all. Aren't two of them (maybe all three) regulars on the show? Katee Sackhoff (starbuck) was one of the first names in the opening titles. so that was ironic.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:14 pm

can't you cap an image from one of the 6 dvd eps?

i could if i could remember which episodes are dvd rips
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:20 pm

I watched the latest BSG and it was a damn sight better than the previous two, it was more like an episode rather than half an episode.

was pretty good except not one scene with Starbuck and Helo.

No big loss considering how boring those scenes are now imo. Oh look we've got a hummer... whoopie doo.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:23 pm

lol - yeah. that bothered me when they took one of their best characters and basically took her out of the series. adama's "out" too, but he's still a big part of each ep. :?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:31 pm

they did the same with the doc who is the best character, luckily though he's back on the battlestar now... they need the "old man" to wake up too, but at least he's there. The president pisses me off now :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:32 pm

yeah. get used to that. tv guide preview seemed to suggest that the power struggle between civil and military was going to dominate season 2.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jim123 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:31 pm

I just went from a 17 to a 19 in. monitor and I have to say that all your avators are blurry, max is the worst next is dinky and followed by spud :o
Jim123
42?

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:31 pm

I just went from a 17 to a 19 in. monitor

i just went from a 21" flatscreen to a 17" crt due to my gfx card melting and burning out my monitor or vice versa, so concider yourself lucky :cry:

*edit* there you go dinky, thats from one of the dvd rip episodes

Image Image
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:10 am

didn't help. :? try one of these:

dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jim123 on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:25 am

Looks like torture max. Now that I am using a 19 inch LCD, I don't think I can go back to 17, never to crt anyway.

I remember the crt days and watering eyes. Do you have a good power supply?
Jim123
42?

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:32 am

@dink, is that a Stalfos?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:51 am

iunno. I lost my little deadite lookalike in a hdd reformat and couldn't find it again (google image search). thought that looked kinda cool though.

edit: apparently concept art for dragonball z: http://www.webfootgames.com/catalog/log3/devpage.htm

/me shrugs

edit2: lol@spud. you zelda geek. :lol:

for the benefit of the rest of us:

the zelda encyclopedia wrote:Stalfos

These animated skeletons make use of a sword, and are suprisingly strong. Moreover, these foes are masters at weilding their swords. Stalfos may have come from another species that had died out, because of their large size. Over the years, the Stalfos have lost their sword tactics, but instead carry useful items within their chests.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:27 am

lol, I think dragonballz has a bit of plagarism going on there ;) They look liuke the ones from that gay american cartoon they did of it... Then again, i bet nintendo plagarised it off someone else anyway :lol:

Speaking of avatars, is amazing, if you put an american flag up everyone things your an american. Now i know how america feels... its always funny to see someone start slagging him off when they think he's american.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

PreviousNext

Return to General