The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:22 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:because its way too dumb that my brain cant get down to that level

uh huh. right.

yes, I was referring to the number of eps in each season. one of the reasons HBO series are so well done is because they're limited. limited time constraints on talent. writers/producers are able to tell a story (ala a mini-series) rather than try to string-along x-episodes per season. and more importantly, with all things being equal, it takes twice as long to run out of ideas for a 10-14 ep season than 22-24. s'all I was getting at.

yes, it plays very much like 24</i> when watched consecutively. she's a grad student, btw. grad students (here) are normally 24-35 with an average starting age of about 26years old. also from what I gather, she's part-time, which means just one course at a time (as opposed to 3). first episode was in two parts. you'll know you've seen it if she had on that bright red/orange hair. it was brilliant. if you didn't like that, don't bother with the series.

edit: oh yeah...just got back from charlie and the chocolate factory</i>. no love for the previous movie or the book. thought it was a good movie. typical tim burton fare. entertaining. nothing more. nothing less. (unless you don't understand what I mean by "tim burton fare," in which case you may hate it because you feel like you're watching mullholland drive</i> or something)
Last edited by dinky on Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby valja on Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:51 pm

Well, I saw this brad. He's good asusually. But these females---

OK, nice comedy IMHO :)
valja
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:08 pm

yeah i wanna see charlie & the chocolate factory
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Bassline on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:03 pm

watched the wedding crashers today and really enjoyed it :D...quite a few LOL moments but i don't see why the movie had to have a runtime of 2hrs it could have easily tied things up in 90minutes and still kept all the laughs :wacky:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:32 pm

Bassline wrote:watched the wedding crashers today and really enjoyed it :D...quite a few LOL moments but i don't see why the movie had to have a runtime of 2hrs it could have easily tied things up in 90minutes and still kept all the laughs :wacky:

sounds like the tv guide review
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:39 pm

i also want to see the wedding crashers, altho it claims to be the new dodgeball, but i dont see anything comedywise supassing that for a while
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Bassline on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:45 pm

i thought the same of Hitch aswell nowhere near as funny as wedding crashers and it has Will Smith in it :wacky: but still had a good few laughs in it but that also had a runtime of 2 hrs(roughly) whats up with that?....i found myself looking at the time in the cinema today to see how much longer i had to sit there for despite laughing a hell of a lot during the movie...maybe a directors cut will be relased with just the good stuff in it,will make a change for a dir cut to be shorter than the theatrical cut but i reckon that would vastly improve it :)
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby Bassline on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:46 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:i also want to see the wedding crashers, altho it claims to be the new dodgeball, but i dont see anything comedywise supassing that for a while

i never really liked the look of that so stayed away from it.....i may give it a try if you say it's that funny...but then i don't think i would trust your judgement over my instincts :P
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:44 am

dodgeball</i> is run of the mill stuff. it's better than zoolander</i> but in the same class (that wasn't a compliment). on the other hand, neither was painful to watch, just ultimately blah. you want good comedy, shaun of the dead</i>, army of darkness</i>, catwoman</i> (hey, you'll laugh), shrek 2</i>. dodgeball</i> would be stv if it didn't have the star power to automatically bring in an audience. you see jim? this is how we know max must have a great sense of humor.
:wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:59 pm

Not seen nor do i want to see dodgeball :lol:

I watched some sopranos, seems i found all of them on DVDr so i thought I might as well watch them. I'd never really seen any of them in any order or anything only the odd episode, but its an entertaining series. Series 1s production values are a tad low but it still pulls it off quite well.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Bassline on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:08 pm

just watched a nice little family movie called Millions by Danny Boyle of 28days later among other stuff fame....nothing fantastic just a nice feel good factor movie to watch when you've nothing better to do :mrgreen:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:49 pm

ha! I hadn't realized that was by him. the kid who finds money from a bank/train heist or something, eh?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Bassline on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:54 pm

yup...thats the one :wink:
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:57 pm

aint got round to seeing hitch yet, a mate gave me it on dvd but i just dont know if i can ever be in the mood to watch something with will smith in :?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:31 pm

you really should watch and enjoy i, Robot</i>. and if you don't, best not mention it here. :p
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:31 am

I Robot couldve been the next bladerunner, if they had a decent actor in the lead role, which is what let it down
as a movie i enjoyed it because like i said it can be compared to bladerunner on so many levels but will smith lets the title of great film slip through its grasp

anyway watched screamers (yes the peter weller one) tonight on the recommendation of a work friend..... needless to say i wont follow his recommendations again, it was boring as fuck and one of the lamest films ive ever seen since the other day since mummy 2, altho that was worse

also watched trancers which was on the other end of the spectrum, i really enjoyed it, nice little plot, the main actor reminded me a bit of bruce campbell, just without the one liners, and i was so shocked when theres a view of a woman by a window putting on a swimsuit type thingy whatever theyre called and thinking "damn shes got a nice arse" then she turns round and it turns out its a young helen hunt and you suddenly feel the urge to vomit, but overall a pretty good enjoyable film
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:01 am

finished s1 of alias</i>.

prolly watch the new ep of BG</i> next, but I'm feelin' kinda bummed cuz it's a regular cable rip (on me dvr). been wavering about whether to watch asap or hold off and get hq hd rips online. this would all be a lot easier if time fucking warner cable would carry Universal HD, the channel on which the show AIRS in hd. :evil:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:40 pm

I watched the new episode of BSG... maybe i wasn't in the mood but it didn't seem to hit the spot. Might be because i've been trialing contact lenses and can't see f*ck all, then again, sopranos managed to leave a good impression.

:(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:00 pm

then again, sopranos managed to leave a good impression.

which before you said wasnt very good, maybe thats telling you something..... put the glasses back on 8)

incidently when did the new season of bsg start?
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:06 pm

friday 7/15.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to General