The last movie you saw...

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:50 pm

ive seen undead
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Bassline on Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:02 pm

i released it here a while ago :)

i enjoyed it obviously since i got the DVD :wacky:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:00 pm

yes, I really enjoyed Undead, saw it back @ leeds film festival, 2 years ago nearly.

Decent film
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:52 pm

it was pretty good yeah, typically aussie, but aussie scifi/horror is usually some of the best
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:32 pm

so stf away, then. :twisted:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:09 am

i said usually not always :lol:, unless u meant undead in which case i never said anytyhing about ti other then id seen it
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:16 am

:P

I watched the complete series of firefly</i>. Makes more sense in the order of the DVDs. I think that was different from the broadcast chronology, but maybe not. anyway, it's a lot funnier than I remember. definitely a quality series. same misgivings though: every third episode is cowboys & indians. s'like they said "okay, we don't have a budget for hi-tech anything, so we're gonna make everything 1870-1938. good stuff though. the capt. is a ringer for david bore-angel-ez. same kinda character without the brooding vampire myth (I prefer the second try at'im, myself). so looking forward to the movie. hope they had budget enough to actually look like sci-fi instead of wild west. and that they chose to.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:50 pm

the capt. is a ringer for david bore-angel-ez

Doesn't he get killed by Angel in Buffy? Or he turns up anyway...

Same goes for that Black Woman, but i think she was in Angel S4...
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:58 pm

yes and yes.

forget what happened, but he was definitely a baddy - though I thought a girl took him on so I'd have guessed buffy.

the black woman was the evil god-come-back-to-earth that tricked people into loving her and angel's kid could see her real self but followed her anyway cuz she gave him purpose. but bringing that up alsore reminds us that angel had a son, and that got more than a little ridiculous - although I suppose cordelia's child was a worse plot move. :wacky:

edit: yep, it was btvs:

# "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" playing "Caleb" in episode: "Chosen" (episode # 7.22) 20 May 2003
# "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" playing "Caleb" in episode: "End of Days" (episode # 7.21) 13 May 2003
# "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" playing "Caleb" in episode: "Touched" (episode # 7.20) 6 May 2003
# "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" playing "Caleb" in episode: "Empty Places" (episode # 7.19) 29 April 2003
# "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" playing "Caleb" in episode: "Dirty Girls" (episode # 7.18) 15 April 2003

edit2: it was season 7, which I'd just as soon forget. hence the not knowing. oh gawd. I even speak like whedon. no wonder I like his pen.

edit3: ok. getting tired of tracking my changes here.... just notices you said "in buffy" in the first place. oye!

edit4: now I'm kinda bored. but you're exactly right. he was the "invincible" guy who was kicking buffy's ass (vague that up a bit, eh?) and angel showed up to give her an amulet or some shit. think it was in a cemetary masaleum. lame crossover.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby dinky on Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:52 pm

first disc of alias</i> s1. I think it's 3...maybe for eps. very good. amazingly good considering the channel it aired on (ABC).
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:16 pm

almost watched my way through real ghostbusters season 2, just need seasons 3-7 now, and the 5 eps im missing of season 2, damn fox kids/jetix not airing in order
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby dinky on Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:36 pm

still have a 2.5/6 discs to go, but Alias</i> s1 is prolly better than 24</i>. fast-paced, but not as fast as 24</i>, which is a good thing, I think.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:39 am

I never liked alias, worthy of another chance?

I just got an xbox so haven't watched a movie since :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:23 pm

most of the first season's gimmick was to invert the way normal episodes air. so you generally get the resolution/climax of one "episode" at the 10-20 minute mark of the next "episode." so yes, seeing them w/o the delay should noticibly enhance your opinion of them and (if you watch it in the first place) strongly remind you of 24</i>. it gets kinda sci-fi halfway through s1 with da vinci code-like plots, which shouldn't bother anyone here, but I'm guessing that's why my sis lost interest. I prefer it. :twisted: it's obviously a lot of james bondage/mission impossible-type stuff for a template. but it's also your stock super hero/secret identity thing, more grounded in the real world than super hero fodder, but also sans "super powers." iunno. I really like it. no promises beyond first season though. one season of alias is like 2 seasons of sopranos/carnivale (22 eps).

BG tonight, btw. off to the chocolate factory now. 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:38 pm

one season of alias is like 2 seasons of sopranos/carnivale (22 eps).

Well i know for a fact that you mean in numbers only, since sopranos and carnivale both rule to the nth degree :)

I didn't think alias was anywhere near as good, but I'll have to rewatch given i saw like 5 episodes and didn't think it was worth watching anymore. I don't think it was series 1 that i saw though, but then again, I was positive i had seen the first episode.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:48 pm

alias is the one with jennifer garner right? playing a high school/college teen who also happens to be a secret agent right? i think i watched a few episodes too and really really didnt rate it highly at all, but then again i dont like 24 either, and as u used them as comparisons then maybe that would explain that, never seen carnivale but i do want to, a mate of mine is gonna buy them on dvd so ill just watch them when they get it, dont like the sopranos at all though
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:59 pm

yeah, oh and the twist is she's not a secret agent, she's a counter-agent, so becomes a secret counter-counter agent when she is recruited as a real secret agent. Her mum was the real counter agent and her dad is a secret agent.

Yes, i thought it was a tad lame too :lol:

Alias isn't anything like 24 from what i've seen of them both :) I don't mind 24 from what i've seen.

I got Carnivale on DVD as soon as it came out. Sopranos is well funny :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:11 pm

yeah, oh and the twist is she's not a secret agent, she's a counter-agent, so becomes a secret counter-counter agent when she is recruited as a real secret agent. Her mum was the real counter agent and her dad is a secret agent

my head hurts
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:36 pm

because its too clever or because its too dumb though? :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:40 pm

because its way too dumb that my brain cant get down to that level, kind of like how a spectrum would be incompatible with a playstation
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

PreviousNext

Return to General